iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 25, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #738 of 864
Hi guys. I have a DX90. Any idea why the same song plays at the end of a large percentage of albums? I use the "directory" "sd card" "path to browse files. I tried to delete it and I kind of did. However it now shows up but plays nothing. Drains my battery because it is still sitting there on that one song. Will I have to erase and reformat? That would be a bit of a drag.

Edit. Simply changing the name somehow unlocked the file. Deleted!

Edit. It has showed up again and drained the battery. It will do that if I don't remember to turn off the device. Just sits in the "deleted" track and plays no sound.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #739 of 864
So as far as I understand, there is no one working solution for fade-in/out problem during playing music? I have tried to use different SD cards, factory reset, rescanning of library... nothing works.

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #740 of 864
So as far as I understand, there is no one working solution for fade-in/out problem during playing music? I have tried to use different SD cards, factory reset, rescanning of library... nothing works.

Have you tried the batch tool? There is a link to it on the DX80 impressions thread on the 1st page. The instructions for use with a PC are also in the download. The BT wipes the internal memory and does a clean install. The BT should clear up this problem.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 31, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #741 of 864
Hi guys. I have a DX90. Any idea why the same song plays at the end of a large percentage of albums? I use the "directory" "sd card" "path to browse files. I tried to delete it and I kind of did. However it now shows up but plays nothing. Drains my battery because it is still sitting there on that one song. Will I have to erase and reformat? That would be a bit of a drag.

Edit. Simply changing the name somehow unlocked the file. Deleted!

Edit. It has showed up again and drained the battery. It will do that if I don't remember to turn off the device. Just sits in the "deleted" track and plays no sound.

To clean the FW file please use the Batch Tool. It does a clean install by wiping the internal memory. It does not need to be used often only when problems come up.

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #742 of 864

Have you tried the batch tool? There is a link to it on the DX80 impressions thread on the 1st page. The instructions for use with a PC are also in the download. The BT wipes the internal memory and does a clean install. The BT should clear up this problem.

With both - dx90 and dx80 - batch tools it shows me "check chip fail". Strange...

Tried different usb cables - no effect.

Now I can't start my DX90 at all. Power button doesn't work. Black screen...)))

Works with 2.0.5. And only with 2.0.5. If there any chance to use this tool for modified FW+rockbox?

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #743 of 864

With both - dx90 and dx80 - batch tools it shows me "check chip fail". Strange...

Tried different usb cables - no effect.

Now I can't start my DX90 at all. Power button doesn't work. Black screen...)))

Works with 2.0.5. And only with 2.0.5. If there any chance to use this tool for modified FW+rockbox?

I have not seen that before. Can you uninstall the BT and do a reinstall or install it on another computer? I would download the BT again.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #745 of 864
Just did it. On my PC and laptop. I can install only 2.0.5 over BT. All the FWs show me "Check Chip Fail".
I had the same problem, use 2.0.5 with BT and from there update without BT with your desired FW version.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #749 of 864
Does anyone have issues with the song skipping to the next song half way through or cutting off early and going to the next song? It does this on mine with the newest fw and very sporadically. Im also using it LO.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #750 of 864
Haven't had these problems or any others with fw 2.4.0.  Very stable fw now - certainly are some enhancements that could make the ui more friendly and easy to use but nothing that I consider make or break.

As a side note relative to the issues mentioned - I was experiencing dropouts/fade in/outs last year and it turned out to be a bad memory card.  Are you playing from internal memory or a card?  If a card I would suggest trying another to see if the issue persists.

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back