iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 7, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #421 of 1,489
I went to iBasso web site at the suggestion of an earlier response, and left a question there about delivery time.

I suggest that you not hint at the lack of personal competence of customers as a possible reason for a device failure in public forums.  In my case, you are dead wrong, and you have succeeded in converting a willing customer into someone who is now thinking twice about your company ... and you did this in public.

Regarding the wrong orientation on the microSD card ... I built my first amateur radio transmitter/receiver kit in 1965, 50 years ago, and I've been involved with electronics and computers since then.  I am highly sensitive to not forcing a component into a slot, and already knew the correct orientation of SD cards from my first DX80. 

Your not having any info at all in the user manual regarding the correct SD orientation does not help.  At some point, you might think about taking some responsibility.

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #425 of 1,489
I found that line out mode drown it's battery life too quick it's take about 5% per 2 files played....

And oh there also occasionally stopped playing ( but can back to normal if I press play button ) beside of delayed playback for 1-2 second

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #426 of 1,489
OTG Bug:

I plugged a 64gb sdcard via a Leef adapter

the device sees it but when you go into the folder it is blank - the same as with unscanned new audio added to a card

I go the 'scan card' section BUT no option to scan OTG card so no way to get to music

with dx90 i would just click on the otg folder and all the music would be there

...thanks :)

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #427 of 1,489
Im hope new FW fixed some bugs:
1. OTG function (not showing any folders)
2. DSD speeded up from memory card.
3. USB DAC function speeded up 
16/44.1 16/88.2 16/172.4
25/44.1 24/88.2 24/172.4
P.S. Line out volume not fixed as default. Need set to 150 for use it. It is correct?

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #428 of 1,489
  Im hope new FW fixed some bugs:
1. OTG function (not showing any folders)
2. DSD speeded up from memory card.
3. USB DAC function speeded up 
16/44.1 16/88.2 16/172.4
25/44.1 24/88.2 24/172.4
P.S. Line out volume not fixed as default. Need set to 150 for use it. It is correct?

Our FW coming out will fix a number of issues. The line out is set and not variable so you do not need to adjust the volume out level.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #429 of 1,489
Great about fix.
If im unplug the line out cable im can set any volume in DAC mode. Then plug cable back this volume is fixed.
If im listenning my headphones at volume 100 it also 100 at line out.  fw 1.1.4

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #432 of 1,489

Our FW coming out will fix a number of issues. The line out is set and not variable so you do not need to adjust the volume out level.

Paul, I found that my dx80 suffer from overheating while use with external amp ( line out mode ) I wonder that caused delayed playback ( paused for 1-2 sec ) and battery drowning so fast 

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #433 of 1,489
I am getting so frustrated with my DX80 speeding up tracks, making all sort of ear piercing clicks and generally not working properly that I am going to return the unit for refund if the next FW upgrade do not fix all these issues. How can the company launch the product without testing it thoroughly, not everyone produces perfect DAPs but nobody has worst and more frequently recurring problems

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #434 of 1,489
  I am getting so frustrated with my DX80 speeding up tracks, making all sort of ear piercing clicks and generally not working properly that I am going to return the unit for refund if the next FW upgrade do not fix all these issues. How can the company launch the product without testing it thoroughly, not everyone produces perfect DAPs but nobody has worst and more frequently recurring problems

It could be the card but I don't know for sure. I have over 20 cards and all types of formats from MP3 to DSD and I don't get this but for some maybe the next FW will help. I assume you have done a factory reset or and, reloaded the FW? 

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #435 of 1,489
  Paul, I found that my dx80 suffer from overheating while use with external amp ( line out mode ) I wonder that caused delayed playback ( paused for 1-2 sec ) and battery drowning so fast 

Please make sure the cable is not malfunctioning or try another one. The DX80 doesn't heat up when used in line out and just slightly when using the headphone output and hi resolution files.

The new FW should be out today.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back