iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #406 of 1,489
I've owned quite a few of these boutique Chinese daps, and they ALL didn't function as advertised in at least one way or another. Eg playlist support, true gapless playback, stupid scanning times on every startup, crappy ui, to name a few. I've owned 3 Sony daps, and they've worked as advertised, flawlessly. Anyways, I've learned my lesson.

I would have to call you on this. I have Canon cameras  from the 5D to the 5DIII, Japanese made, that all had issues and needed Fw updates. The Sony A7RII, a 3200 camera couldn't even do uncompressed RAW when it came out and had focus issues, Japanese made, and it had to have a few FW updates. The Lieca M9 at $7200 and made in Germany,  needed a number of updates and even sensor replacements (mine needed two that they covered, which would have cost over 1500 each) My Toyota FJ Cruiser had a few safety recall issues, which are far more serious than a dap issue and the 2007 model even had the inner fenders buckling. I have the ZX2, needed FW updates to get some things right, the AK100 and 100II, the same and it wasn't until a year and a half on the AK100 that some final issues were sorted out. On and on it goes. There are so many variables in these things that it doesn't surprise me that not everything works as expected but it sure, for me, beats what we used to have so waiting a few months or even more to get things resolved is no big deal. You can also wait 4 or 5 months to have everything really smoothed out but then the basic enjoyment of listening to music, if it is a good dap, or taking pictures, like with the excellent A7RII Sony, would be missed. 

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #407 of 1,489
my blackberry are made by mexico also got some fw bugs lol 

take your flame into another place dude 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #408 of 1,489
my blackberry are made by mexico also got some fw bugs lol 

take your flame into another place dude :deadhorse:

I wasn't suggesting that the products were sub-par because they were made in n China. The 3 brands I've had consistent issues with (Fiio included) happen to be Chinese owned. They just seem less than professional in their execution. My opinion of course. I'm not flaming anything, but seriously when you've got an entire thread 407 posts long devoted to firmware bug issues, then it really can't be called a professional product. Cmon, this thing costs almost $1000. I'm not going to get burned again.

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #410 of 1,489
it is funny and irony that one who condamns the product yet still read the product's thread.....

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #411 of 1,489
I wasn't suggesting that the products were sub-par because they were made in n China. The 3 brands I've had consistent issues with (Fiio included) happen to be Chinese owned. They just seem less than professional in their execution. My opinion of course. I'm not flaming anything, but seriously when you've got an entire thread 407 posts long devoted to firmware bug issues, then it really can't be called a professional product. Cmon, this thing costs almost $1000. I'm not going to get burned again.

Actually, DX80 cost $359, a little off the mark with your "almost $1000"

There's not much to say really, yes the player has some concerns as members put the unit through multiple tasks, that's what this thread is for, DX80 owners to post their bugs here. Its not a thread to report problems in a negative way, its purpose is to separate the problems so they can dealt with much quicker than lost within the impression thread pages.  Its also not a thread to come in saying "No. 1 sign to avoid buying a dap. When there's a bug thread for it"

Is it any wonder your comment may have stirred up some DX80 owners? 

Anyway, lets leave the thread for bugs instead of shooting arrows back n forth wich only makes life hard for iBasso. 
smile.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #412 of 1,489

What costs $1000, the DX80? It should no way be that much...pretty much anywhere. I got mine for $350 USD at initial release time.
Say what you will about the bug thread, but I like it to keep updated on the releases and how they work out. I give Ibasso a lot of credit for being so interactive with its customers and paying attention to issues.

If you are not prepared to go through some growing pains on some wonderful products, wait a year or so and then consider purchasing it...I like being an early adopter.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #413 of 1,489
Received my DX80 today and I'm loving it. The device really lives up to even the most positive reviews I have read.

No bug to report, but I do have a few issues with the UI - which is overall pretty great by the way.

My collection is about 50% classical and to make it possible to find albums with works by a certain composer, I start all album names with the composer name. That of course creates some fairly long names. In itself not an issue, but if you have a list like:

Tsjaikovski - Symphonie no. 1
Tsjaikovski - Symphonie no. 2
Tsjaikovski - Symphonie no. 3
etc.

it shows up on the DX80 as

Tsjaikovski - Symphonie n...

so if i'm looking for the 6th symphony there is a lot of guesswork involved, even more so if there is more than one album with the same title. It would help enormously if the album title would continue on a second line and if necessary even a third.

Also, being able to select from the "composer" tag in addition to "artist" or "album" would be a great feature.

Finally, I find myself scrolling endlessly through a list of either artists or albums - the side effect of almost completely filling a 128 GB card. The autoscrolling feature is very useful, but it would save a lot of time it were possible to enable summarizing per letter of the alphabet, so it would be possible to first select the fist letter of the artist or album name and then choose from a list with artists or albums only beginning with that letter.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #414 of 1,489
Haven't seen any update re. when a new firmware will be released. If I can't get my DSD 64 and 128 files to play at the proper tempo (they play speeded up) I will be returning this. So I hope the firmware update will address this problem and come soon before my 30 day trial period is up!
I have scanned and rescanned my SD cards, erased reformatted and reloaded the cards, factory reset the DX80, even redownloaded the DSF files from the download site numerous times and nothing has corrected this issue.
FW 1.1.4, 2 x Sandisk Ultra 128GB, DSF 64 and 128 files from Blue Coast Records, Acoustic Sounds, and Native DSD.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #415 of 1,489
DEAR IBASSO: 

I bought my first DX80 from a very well-known, national US electronics retailer.  It was defective, and I requested a replacement.  Now the replacement DX80 is also defective (microSD slot #1 doesn't physically retain the card ... tried 3 different cards). 

If I buy a 3rd DX80 from the retailer, they will not allow me to return it if it's defective, and I don't want to get stuck with a defective DX80.  There's a good chance that this could happen because this retailer told me that 1/3rd of DX80s have been returned to them.

May I buy a DX80 directly from iBasso?  Will you test it before you send it to me?  What is your refund policy?  Will you ship to Florida, USA?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #416 of 1,489
  DEAR IBASSO: 

I bought my first DX80 from a very well-known, national US electronics retailer.  It was defective, and I requested a replacement.  Now the replacement DX80 is also defective (microSD slot #1 doesn't physically retain the card ... tried 3 different cards). 

If I buy a 3rd DX80 from the retailer, they will not allow me to return it if it's defective, and I don't want to get stuck with a defective DX80.  There's a good chance that this could happen because this retailer told me that 1/3rd of DX80s have been returned to them.

May I buy a DX80 directly from iBasso?  Will you test it before you send it to me?  What is your refund policy?  Will you ship to Florida, USA?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

I am not iBasso, but I bought mine directly from them.  Just go to their web-site.  I will let Paul answer the rest of your questions.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #418 of 1,489
  DEAR IBASSO: 

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Ibasso should announce a recall and replace defective units at no cost to owners before this gets out of hands .. Retailers will stop carrying the player as they must be loosing money and there will be no buyers anyway...

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #419 of 1,489
  DEAR IBASSO: 

Please let me know.

Thank you.

We have not had reports of that type of defective rate. We back our products with a 1 year warranty. You can also buy directly from us with a 15 day return policy. We have had a few DX80 returned with the micro SD slot spring not working but found out that the card had been placed upside down and pushed in. I am not suggesting that you did this but it has happened with a few units which will then have similar results with the card slot not working. All of the DX80s are tested and I would make sure you have thoroughly tested unit.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 7, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #420 of 1,489
Not a bug but I can't find any mention of card orientation in the quick start guide or the manual
Considering it takes substantial force to engage a card correctly and the cards go in opposite directions I can understand why some new owners get it wrong
Perhaps a small card showing correct procedure could be included

Users who are viewing this thread

Back