iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 3, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #391 of 1,489

I am having the very same issue, and have attempted the same fixes (reformatting in Mac OS X Disk Utility to MS-Dos, exFat, even tried Mac OS X Journaled) with no luck.  I do have another card with a majority of my music on it which still works, but the second SD micro card isn't working.  One reason I bought the iBasso was for the two SD card slots.  

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? 

Thanks for your help

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #392 of 1,489

I am having the very same issue, and have attempted the same fixes (reformatting in Mac OS X Disk Utility to MS-Dos, exFat, even tried Mac OS X Journaled) with no luck.  I do have another card with a majority of my music on it which still works, but the second SD micro card isn't working.  One reason I bought the iBasso was for the two SD card slots.  

Thanks for your help

What same issue? 

Does the card that works, work in both sd slots or are you saying that only one card slot works? Have you tried doing a reset on the DX80? What FW are you on? 

Jan 3, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #393 of 1,489
You should get around 12 hours of play time. A 1 amp or greater charger can be used and a 2 amp works well. Charge time should be 4 hours or less for a battery that is totally run down. Does the screen show that the DX80 is fully charged?

Yes, the screen with grey circle already full of grey color.

I will try again today as I charged all night long and will report again tomorrow...

Btw thanks Paul for your reply, very nice response from iBasso :D

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #395 of 1,489

I will try again today as I charged all night long and will report again tomorrow...

Btw thanks Paul for your reply, very nice response from iBasso
biggrin.gif

If you do not get a normal playing time after a full charge please return the DX80 for a new one. The average play time is 12 hours with a little less for hi resolution file.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 4, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #397 of 1,489

biggrin.gif

make sure its grey circle and has word 'charged' and also make sure it's turning cool after charging

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #399 of 1,489

biggrin.gif

make sure its grey circle and has word 'charged' and also make sure it's turning cool after charging

After one night long charged around 10-12 hours, I saw the dx80 is getting normal, 1 hour consume around 8-10% battery, thanks all for your reply :D

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #400 of 1,489
Hello,

Has anyone had any success with the OTG function ? I have a Sandisk Ultra 32G micro USB stick recognised by my Fiio X5 but not my DX80 (not showing any folders).

Ibasso could it be possible to have play thru folders/artiste ... very annoying to have the player stop playing music once the album/folder is finished.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #402 of 1,489

Thanks for your help

I had a problem with a 128Gb SanDisk card after formatting it with Disk Utility.app in El Capitan (10.11.2).  Two partitions were created, the first being an EFI partition. The second partition contained my music.  DX80 was unable to read this card. I could not find a way in Disk Utility.app to fix this.  
If Disk Utility.app shows a Child count of 2 then you have this problem, otherwise it's something else.

To format with one partition, I used Terminal.app command line:  diskutil partitionDisk [device] 1 MBRFormat ExFAT "Disk128" 127G

[device] is found using command: diskutil list      Note: [device] must be correct to avoid formatting the wrong disk.  See Man Page diskutil

After formatting, diskutil list shows my card as:  ( [device] in this example is: /dev/disk5 )

/dev/disk5 (internal, physical):
   #:                                  TYPE NAME                     SIZE          IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                              *127.9 GB   disk5
   1:                  Windows_NTFS Disk128                 127.8 GB   disk5s1

The card has been working ok in fw 1.1.4  Hope this helps.

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #404 of 1,489
No. 1 sign to avoid buying a dap. When there's a bug thread for it.

Most all, except a few daps, have the bug list right in the regular thread for it, which is a hassle. They all have things to work out. 

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #405 of 1,489
Most all, except a few daps, have the bug list right in the regular thread for it, which is a hassle. They all have things to work out. 

I've owned quite a few of these boutique Chinese daps, and they ALL didn't function as advertised in at least one way or another. Eg playlist support, true gapless playback, stupid scanning times on every startup, crappy ui, to name a few. I've owned 3 Sony daps, and they've worked as advertised, flawlessly. Anyways, I've learned my lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back