iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 10, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #437 of 1,489
  how can m2m cable got malfunction ?

There could be a short. There has to be a reason the DX80 is getting hot. You also said the battery life is short?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 11, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #439 of 1,489
  yes, maybe caused by my m2m

Yes can you try another one or do a resistance check on it? Checking the resistance from R channel to L and each channel to ground.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 11, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #441 of 1,489
Anyone know why the 16k and 12k doesn't work n the EQ? I move them up and down and I get nothing. Adjustment starts at 10k. I have the newest firmware, but can"t get this to work

Indeed, (I tested with 1.1.4, so can't say whether it worked before) the last two EQ bands (10k and 16k) don't work (for the plot, the last three bands (6.3k, 10k, 16k) were set to 9):

Nothing at 10 and 16 kHz.

And now the same, just with the last two bands (10k and 16k) alone:

Just as flat as with no EQ although I set 10k and 16k to 9.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #443 of 1,489

No , thats normal. The volume drops a little to create headroom for elevating certain frequency ranges. Otherwise you could get clipping when enhancing a range too much.

Really interesting is the fact that the two upper ranges arent working. Very perceptive from NatalieAnn and great verification by HifiChris. Using the presets in the EQ already gives a different sound, but this is without the two upper ranges? I wonder what the sound will be with the presets when all the ranges do work as intended. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #444 of 1,489
Hmm maybe it's silicone case caused my dx80 got overheated o.O but still changing L/R balance slider made this unit dead silent ( has to press next button ) anyway is that normal if I resuming playback it will goes into random track? (in line out mode)

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #445 of 1,489
  Please make sure the cable is not malfunctioning or try another one. The DX80 doesn't heat up when used in line out and just slightly when using the headphone output and hi resolution files.

The new FW should be out today.

will it be out today????

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #449 of 1,489
FW1.2.1!!!!!!

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Line output bug fixed when the DX80 is used as a USB-DAC.
2. Enable sorting function on Now Playing.
3. Change from file name to title name on All Music view.
4. A more accurate battery indicator on low battery.
5. Improved M3U playlist import function, allows an apostrophe on file name.
6. Improved WAV ID3 support.
7. Allow custom wallpaper to be read from either SD card slot.
8. Allow the player to display Hebrew.
9. Scroll bar added to all of My Music views.
10. Improved OTG storage support.
11. Updated WAV decode engine.

R U GUYSEXCITED??

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #450 of 1,489
ok. no popping sound. no crackling sound when i scroll up/down and swipe on the screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back