iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 16, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #61 of 1,489
Quote:
Mine is still noise, unacceptably so, nosier than my Fiio E17 nosier than my ipod nosier than my phone and even nosier than the headphone out on my macbook... do I have a bad unit? The static gets louder in DAC mode and even louder when the USB is plugged in, when switching between DAC and DAP mode the hiss cam be heard changing and swooshing around.

If your DX80 is noisy like that, which mine is not, it is quiet, I would get a replacement. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #62 of 1,489
I have noticed this but only a couple times, its sort of like the noise the machine makes when it powers on, a popping clicking noise.

Yeah the timer shuts the machine off even if music is playing, like what? Who didn't catch that before release...

I just tested this, the auto shut down timer did not interfere with my music playing. I set the timer to 5 minutes then played an album first track being 5:55, DX80 played the next song (did not shut down after 5 mimutes) no problem.

Please double check you haven't been mistaken for the 'sleep timer' which will do what you stated.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #63 of 1,489
So my DX80 utterly refused to update in exFAT, I had to format the card to MS-DOS(FAT) then it worked

Quote:
  Quote:
Mine is still noise, unacceptably so, nosier than my Fiio E17 nosier than my ipod nosier than my phone and even nosier than the headphone out on my macbook... do I have a bad unit? The static gets louder in DAC mode and even louder when the USB is plugged in, when switching between DAC and DAP mode the hiss cam be heard changing and swooshing around.

If your DX80 is noisy like that, which mine is not, it is quiet, I would get a replacement. 

Yeah I mean I am using SE535's but louder than my macbook out? I can hear the hiss in my sony xb-H1's too, and its almost unusable with IEM's in DAC mode.

I just tested this, the auto shut down timer did not interfere with my music playing. I set the timer to 5 minutes then played an album first track being 5:55, DX80 played the next song (did not shut down after 5 mimutes) no problem.

Please double check you haven't been mistaken for the 'sleep timer' which will do what you stated.

Idk I don't think I was but I was also on firmware 1.0

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #64 of 1,489

I think the auto shutdown timer still turns off the unit while it's used as USB DAC mode. (which maybe what the poster is referring to).
I hope they fix this on the next firmware release, because it suddenly stops at 5 min (or whatever it's set to) even during music playback.

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #65 of 1,489
  Yeah I mean I am using SE535's but louder than my macbook out? I can hear the hiss in my sony xb-H1's too, and its almost unusable with IEM's in DAC mode.

I've tried it with SE535 but there was no noticeable hiss or static noise that you mentioned. Certainly not louder than Macbook output noise.
If there was such an unbearable hiss then I'm sure there would be many angry users posting on this thread.
You should take it back to the shop to get it tested.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #67 of 1,489
I think the auto shutdown timer still turns off the unit while it's used as USB DAC mode. (which maybe what the poster is referring to).
I hope they fix this on the next firmware release, because it suddenly stops at 5 min (or whatever it's set to) even during music playback.

Yes, on version v1.1.2 DX80 still shuts down during file transfer also as you noted when in DAC mode if the auto shutdown timer is active. But from my testing not when playing music as a DAP. If you read back a page iBasso are fixing it in the next firmware. It's all good.

Where I'd mentioned it earlier, and you'd already mentioned the situation in DAC mode.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786815/ibasso-dx80-bug-thread-post-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here/45#post_12081525

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #68 of 1,489
Found another findings:
1. Avoid special characters from naming folders and files.  With this, you can have a better chance to scan successfully.
2. Whenever you add in a new album, you can just go into the new folder, and the system will scan through it automatically.  You don't have to rescan the entire card.

Hope they help.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #69 of 1,489
  Not all people are identically sensitive to hiss, and it also depends on your listening levels.

When I checked the DX80's crosstalk with a typical IEM connected as a load (UM-Pro30), the residual background was pretty quiet.
The volume was cranked up to 110/150 to get a stable background, and that's pretty loud for a pair of BA IEMs.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #70 of 1,489

I've tried it with SE535 but there was no noticeable hiss or static noise that you mentioned. Certainly not louder than Macbook output noise.
If there was such an unbearable hiss then I'm sure there would be many angry users posting on this thread.
You should take it back to the shop to get it tested.

Not all people are identically sensitive to hiss, and it also depends on your listening levels.

When I checked the DX80's crosstalk with a typical IEM connected as a load (UM-Pro30), the residual background was pretty quiet.
The volume was cranked up to 110/150 to get a stable background, and that's pretty loud for a pair of BA IEMs.

Yeah mines pretty awful, about twice as loud as my macbook easy audible on quiet sections of songs in DAC mode. So who should I contact would Paul on here help or should I Email iBasso? I got it from ProStudio Sound & Music via Amazon which is listed as an authorized retailer.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #71 of 1,489

Yeah mines pretty awful, about twice as loud as my macbook easy audible on quiet sections of songs in DAC mode. So who should I contact would Paul on here help or should I Email iBasso? I got it from ProStudio Sound & Music via Amazon which is listed as an authorized retailer.

As I recall you can work directly with authorized retailers on returns/warranty issues.  In your case it also makes return shipping easier.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #72 of 1,489

Please contact the seller. Your DX80 should be replaced by them in a very timely manner. I am sure you will have no difficulty with this. If further assistance is needed please contact me here or email at service@ibasso.com. We want you enjoying your music as soon as possible.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #73 of 1,489
  Here's what is happening with my DX80 (v1.1.2): The last song on an album stops about 2-3 seconds before the end.  It seems to only happen to the last song in each album.

I have gone to the last song on a few albums and checked for this but mine plays to the end of song, to the last second. What format do you experience this in? 

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #74 of 1,489
Ape files are played with pauses and lots of clicks. With flac there are no problems with it. But there are some clicks between songs and a couple of clicks in the beginning of some songs. Also not any cue file is supported. Some cue are read, and some are not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back