iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 15, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #46 of 1,489

I have scanned everything I have from 8gb to 128 and all music formats with no issue from 1.1.2. I also have FAT32, which I use most of the time and exFat. I would do as suggested above, do a factory reset and if that doesn't work do a FW update again and factory reset. Because of some of the problems mentioned and out of curiosity I have updated my DX80 5 or 6 times with 1.1.2 with no issues using the normal method and using the power key and + volume key. I did find, and you have the card in fat32, that the card has to be fat32. Also I have updated with cards from 8gb to 128gb. But I always do a factory reset. 

Thanks for your advice.  The card had been used in my DX90.  Since it's a 64G card, its default file system is exFAT.  Should I really force format it to FAT32?  For my updating the firmware, I needed to employ a 4G card.

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #47 of 1,489

Thanks for your advice.  The card had been used in my DX90.  Since it's a 64G card, its default file system is exFAT.  Should I really force format it to FAT32?  For my updating the firmware, I needed to employ a 4G card.

Yes you can use a 4gb card formatted to FAT32 to update.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 16, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #49 of 1,489
I hope the thump when changing songs gets fixed soon. Not sure if its any good for my iems or ears.

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #50 of 1,489
Hi everybody,
I just bought an Ibasso DX80 in Singapore, but i am totally disappointed at the SQ of it. There are alots of popping noises that so annoying. In addition, the songs seem to repeat 1 or 2 seconds. I already undated FW V1.1.2, but the SQ is still the same. Is it the defect one? Should I bring it back for checking?

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #51 of 1,489
Hi everybody,
I just bought an Ibasso DX80 in Singapore, but i am totally disappointed at the SQ of it. There are alots of popping noises that so annoying. In addition, the songs seem to repeat 1 or 2 seconds. I already undated FW V1.1.2, but the SQ is still the same. Is it the defect one? Should I bring it back for checking?

We have had lots of owners on the DX80 threads but I haven't heard about lots of popping noises (aside from the power on/off and track change pops), and the song repeating 1-2 seconds.
There might be something wrong with your DX80 so I think you should take it back to the shop and get them to play their usual music files to see if everything is ok.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #52 of 1,489
Hi everybody,

Make sure to do a factory reset after a firmware change...it might help.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #53 of 1,489

I finally have myself plugged a 64G card into the DX80, and formatted it to FAT32.  Then, I started to transfer my music to it.  By some point of time, the DX80 stopped.  Guess this echoed what the others complained about the timer.

Now, I'm still copying the files, and will see how things go.  Wish things will then work out perfectly <fingers cross>.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #54 of 1,489

I finally have myself plugged a 64G card into the DX80, and formatted it to FAT32.  Then, I started to transfer my music to it.  By some point of time, the DX80 stopped.  Guess this echoed what the others complained about the timer.

Now, I'm still copying the files, and will see how things go.  Wish things will then work out perfectly <fingers cross>.

Atm on firmware v1.1.2 the auto shutdown timer can interfere with transfers.

I suggest when transferring music set the timer to 'never' or DX80 will shut down mid transfer after the allocated timeframe.

its been noted and going to be patched in the next firmware.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #55 of 1,489

After the music files were copied to the card via the DX80, I went on with the scanning.  The scan stopped at 13%, but this time the device didn't hang up.  I dropped the card into my DX90 and performed the scanning.  This time, it could scan thru the entire card.  Then, I dropped it back to the DX80, and did the scanning once again.  The scan succeeded, but with flaws.  When I looked at the album pics in the album list, all of them were de-colored or washed out.  However, when I play the music, the album pic comes back to normal.  Weird!

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #56 of 1,489
After make another installation of the new firmware and a new factory reset, and a new Scan of my 128gb card (which went flawlessly) the two bugs i found, persist:

-Via Lineout im having suddenly decrases and fades on the volume, it only happens in some albums, but in other songs or albums doesnt happens (via the headphone out this never happens with the same songs or albums) Really Strange...

-Via Coax with the Mojo i found that when i change a song from a folder to another in other folder i hear a Pop and the galpless doesnt work fine...

Please, @Paul - iBasso, confirm if it could be solved in the new firmware :wink:

For the rest the DX80 works perfect!

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #58 of 1,489
I have reported all these bugs.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 16, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #60 of 1,489
Mine is still noise, unacceptably so, nosier than my Fiio E17 nosier than my ipod nosier than my phone and even nosier than the headphone out on my macbook... do I have a bad unit? The static gets louder in DAC mode and even louder when the USB is plugged in, when switching between DAC and DAP mode the hiss cam be heard changing and swooshing around.

Quote:
Hi everybody,

I have noticed this but only a couple times, its sort of like the noise the machine makes when it powers on, a popping clicking noise.

Atm on firmware v1.1.2 the auto shutdown timer can interfere with transfers.

I suggest when transferring music set the timer to 'never' or DX80 will shut down mid transfer after the allocated timeframe.

its been noted and going to be patched in the next firmware.

Yeah the timer shuts the machine off even if music is playing, like what? Who didn't catch that before release...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back