iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 13, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #32 of 1,489
I don't have any popping or songs getting cut off but it is really staticy/noise? Also some album art pulls from iTunes files others doesn't? Another annoying thing and the reason I like Fiio/Sony stuff is you have to turn the EQ ON/OFF and when you do it lowers the volume so its really hard to compare it to flat or OFF, I get why they do this, so people don't blow there stuff up jacking the sliders up but I would rather have it just limit the volume lower or lower the actual volume 10 points vs just magically making the sound quieter when enabled. Sony/Fiio stuff if you want more bass you just bump the bass up and it doesn't affect the rest of the sound spectrum at all.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #33 of 1,489

I can't seem to update my firmware as this error keeps on popping up saying "cannot found firmware image or invalid image. Installation aborted"

I downloaded the latest firmware from iBasso, extracted the update file to a newly reformatted (full exFat Windows reformat) 16Gb Sandisk Card, and inserted it in the 2nd card slot.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #35 of 1,489
The little pause and dropouts via line out are still happening ocasionally to me with new firmware. This afternoon ill format my microsd to see if still has the problem...

@Paul - iBasso hope you can solve the problem in a future firmware, given the amazing sound via line out...

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #37 of 1,489

I can't seem to update my firmware as this error keeps on popping up saying "cannot found firmware image or invalid image. Installation aborted"

I downloaded the latest firmware from iBasso, extracted the update file to a newly reformatted (full exFat Windows reformat) 16Gb Sandisk Card, and inserted it in the 2nd card slot.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Try re-downloading the file.  Perhaps try the bios wipe and factory reset option before your next attempt.  This would be turning the unit on while holding the upper volume button. 

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #38 of 1,489
wolfen68 I've already tried that twice, and it shows some kind of an error.

But, I have not tried re-downloading the file, so I'll do that. By the way, the update file is not inside a folder because someone had the same problem but went well after he took it out of the folder.

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #39 of 1,489
I normally prefer to use the Low Gain when listening to music.  I found a bug in this.  Whenever I reboot the unit, the Gain is reset back to High.  Has this being fixed in the new firmware?

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #40 of 1,489
  I normally prefer to use the Low Gain when listening to music.  I found a bug in this.  Whenever I reboot the unit, the Gain is reset back to High.  Has this being fixed in the new firmware?

Yes this was fixed with the new FW.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 15, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #42 of 1,489
@HiFiChris@wolfen68 I was finally able to update mine! What did it was a full reformat to Fat32, I previously did a quick reformat only. I didn't even need to re-download. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Great to hear that the update worked.
Can you tell us what software you used to format to FAT32, so that it might help others who are struggling.
Mine worked fine by formatting on Mac as a FAT, but didn't try on Windows.

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #43 of 1,489
I'm still having issue with DX80 and my 64G card.  Am I the only one?  I tried to change its file system to FAT32, exFAT or NTFS.  Each has its own problem:
- DX80 doesn't support NTFS.
- FAT32 has DX80 hanged up at 22% while being scanned.
- exFAT isn't able to use in upgrading firmware.  It has DX80 hanged up at 44% while being scanned.

P.S. I have upgraded DX80 to 1.1.2.  I scanned all my 64G cards, and all of them passed thru the Windows scan test.

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #45 of 1,489
  I'm still having issue with DX80 and my 64G card.  Am I the only one?  I tried to change its file system to FAT32, exFAT or NTFS.  Each has its own problem:
- DX80 doesn't support NTFS.
- FAT32 has DX80 hanged up at 22% while being scanned.
- exFAT isn't able to use in upgrading firmware.  It has DX80 hanged up at 44% while being scanned.

P.S. I have upgraded DX80 to 1.1.2.  I scanned all my 64G cards, and all of them passed thru the Windows scan test.

I have scanned everything I have from 8gb to 128 and all music formats with no issue from 1.1.2. I also have FAT32, which I use most of the time and exFat. I would do as suggested above, do a factory reset and if that doesn't work do a FW update again and factory reset. Because of some of the problems mentioned and out of curiosity I have updated my DX80 5 or 6 times with 1.1.2 with no issues using the normal method and using the power key and + volume key. I did find, and you have the card in fat32, that the card has to be fat32. Also I have updated with cards from 8gb to 128gb. But I always do a factory reset. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back