iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 11, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #17 of 1,489
Just tried a demo unit today. Hmm.. not sure if it's the same type of sound mentioned. What I experienced was that whenever I skip track by pressing or the player finishes a track and move to the next track, there will be a bass pump. If I continuously press say 5x to skip 5 tracks, there will be 5 x pom. Very frightening!

It is very significant on my ES5. It felt like a subwoofer bass pump and my ears can really feel the pressure. It is lesser on my XBA-A1AP. It is least on the demo AK-T1... only can hear a soft tick sound.

Other than that I quite like the sound and the other firmware quirks were not so worrying since most likely they will be ironed out very soon (coming from an ex-DX50 and 90 user).

However, can this pumping sound be corrected by firmware?

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #18 of 1,489
How long ibasso will update their fw?

They typically update the firmware in response to discovered bugs as often as necessary. Once the desired stability is achieved, further updates are provided from time to time as new features are developed, many of which are requested by users. iBasso product support service is superb.

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #19 of 1,489

I have recorded and amplified that low frequency "pressure" sound and also made a frequency analysis of it some time ago:

The play/pause button was pressed in a continuous rhythm and as you can see, it doesn't always appear and not always in both channels

However, can this pumping sound be corrected by firmware?

I handed the recording and visualisation of it to Paul who sent it to the dedicated departments. He also told me that it should be fixed in the next FW.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #21 of 1,489
so Paul should be watching this threat ?
biggrin.gif
anyway are the 'pop' sound loud enough even with low hearing volume?

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #22 of 1,489
so Paul should be watching this threat ? :D anyway are the 'pop' sound loud enough even with low hearing volume?

Yes, still audible with low hearing volume. As mentioned in the other thread, I listen far below what is considered normal volume and could still hear it. But, I wouldnt worry too much about it since apparently it has been fixed in the next update according to people with the beta.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #23 of 1,489
The new FW cures about everything and is working very well. Hopefully our website will be up today so we can upload the new FW. Thank you for your patience.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 12, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #25 of 1,489
Just tried the V 1.1.2 firmware, and it seems to have fixed most of the bugs that I reported earlier, except for the two below.

5. Back (rewind) button behaviour is inconsistent. While the music is playing, if I press [Back], it will go back to the beginning of the current song. However, when the music is paused, pressing [Back] will take me to the beginning of the previous song. (This is irrespective of whether I am at the beginning or half-way through the song). This is very annoying and different from how all other DAPs behave.

6. Some people find the initial pop noise upon playback and grit noise between tracks quite annoying. It gives you a compressive feeling when using IEMs.

Hopefully there are no more bugs.
Also FYI the firmware update did not work on my 64GB card formatted as exFAT but worked after I formatted as FAT. Not sure why.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #26 of 1,489
After the V 1.1.2 update, I am still having issues where the system shuts down due to the "Auto Power Off" setting when using as USB DAC mode.

This is a pretty critical bug, so I hope it gets fixed in the next update.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #27 of 1,489
  After the V 1.1.2 update, I am still having issues where the system shuts down due to the "Auto Power Off" setting when using as USB DAC mode.

This is a pretty critical bug, so I hope it gets fixed in the next update.

Do you use Never under Auto Power off? 

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #28 of 1,489

Do you use Never under Auto Power off? 

No. If I set it to 5 minutes, it will turn off at 5 minutes, etc.
Obviously setting it to Never will stop it from turning it off, but it's kind of dumb if we have to change the setting every time we use it as a USB DAC.
I can't access the settings when the system is on the USB DAC mode anyway.

The ideal way is to have the system ignore the auto shutdown setting when it is being used as a USB DAC. This is how other DAPs behave.

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #29 of 1,489
Do I have to install any drivers for it to work as a DAC on windows? I went to USB options, selected DAC mode but my computer still plays from its speakers.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #30 of 1,489
  Do I have to install any drivers for it to work as a DAC on windows? I went to USB options, selected DAC mode but my computer still plays from its speakers.

On Windows you will need a driver, which is somehow still not available on iBasso website. I can see the USB DAC driver for DX50 etc, but not the DX80.

On Mac, you don't need a driver, so that's how I've been using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back