iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 14, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #7,951 of 14,596
But the fact is that the dx300 has very good sounstage and crazy separation, so maybe in this regard it reaches the level of TOTL daps.
The DX300 is a TOTL dap. Just because something costs more doesn't mean it is better but that is what some would like you to think. 2 times, 3 times as much, it HAS to be better. Well that ain't always correct.

Aug 14, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #7,952 of 14,596
The DX300 is a TOTL dap. Just because something costs more doesn't mean it is better but that is what some would like you to think. 2 times, 3 times as much, it HAS to be better. Well that ain't always correct.
Yes, for me the dx300 with the amp12 is a TOTL dap for sure (as i mentioned it was on the same level as my fathers stationary rig for almost 4k euros with greatly rated hybrid amp Vincent sv-237mk). But with at least my iems, amp11 wasnt quite there yet.

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #7,953 of 14,596
DX300 has better soundstage depth than SP2000, the SP2K to me has a pretty boring tuning, it sounds "too balanced", the DX300 with it's more forward tuning has better attack and decay from what I can hear.
Not to mention the horribly outdated slow UI on AK devices.

The LP6K is a decent music player on it's own right, I just think that the android aspect of the DX300 makes it more versatile than most people realize, plus the Lotoo usually needs some tweaking on the PEQ from what I notice.

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #7,954 of 14,596
DX300 has better soundstage depth than SP2000, the SP2K to me has a pretty boring tuning, it sounds "too balanced", the DX300 with it's more forward tuning has better attack and decay from what I can hear.
Not to mention the horribly outdated slow UI on AK devices.

The LP6K is a decent music player on it's own right, I just think that the android aspect of the DX300 makes it more versatile than most people realize, plus the Lotoo usually needs some tweaking on the PEQ from what I notice.
So the stage of sp2k must be very shallow, because ive found the stage of the amp11.2 very in my face, especially in comparison with the amp12 which is immensely holographic.

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #7,955 of 14,596
Been on holidays and had an oportunity to compare the dx312->xelento with my father's stationary rig- Arcam cds27 audio player->Vincent sv-237mk (hybrid amp)->sennheiser hd660s. And i was shocked... The overall quality was THE SAME!! I even liked more the dx300 paired with the xelentos because of this great airiness and separation in mids. Vincent being hybrid (solid state with real tube for the extra warmth) had less separation in mids, was bit but just bit smoother and warmer, even "hot" at times. The stage was the same, the quality was the same. I couldnt believe.
I also have the DX312 with the Xelento and the sound is impressive even comparing to my cans.

Aug 14, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #7,956 of 14,596
I also have the DX312 with the Xelento and the sound is impressive even comparing to my cans.
Yeah, i think that the xelento have a very good synergy with the amp12. Better than with the amp11.2. Of course there are many better iems technicaly now in the price range 1-1,5k dol but i love the xelentos because of their spacious, very realistic and effortless sound sig. Combined with smooth but technical and holographic sound of the amp12, they create an amazing sound.

Aug 15, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #7,957 of 14,596
Imho, the tube amp will be just different. It will be difficult for them to improve the quality technically. So i think it will just have different sound sig, probably warmer and thicker. Considering the fact that the amp12 is more on the technical side (somehow a comeback to the iBassos old hous sound, but just better in every aspect), the logical way for them is to go warm again but with all the staging benefits of the amp12. But these are only my insinuations.
Yup. Reminiscing from the DX90 days, Ibasso House sound, Technical but fluid and dynamic.
Comparing DX312 (amp12) with tube, DX229 - is complementary, there is NO con.
Former has the technical supremacy, whilst latter the level of engagement is higher...

IMG_20210601_194253.jpg

Aug 15, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #7,958 of 14,596
I think you are right. Of course, it also depends on your personal listening habits. Ok, it's been a while since I had my last AK player. That was the AK 380 with AK Amp. And I think the DX312 is way better. So not in direct comparison but from my memories I hear the same songs. And the AK380 with amp somehow cost 4 or 5 times as much. You shouldn't forget that either. So Ibasso Chapeu !!! Definitely the best player for the money, also a few classes higher on the price shelf

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #7,960 of 14,596
Some people think that the most expensive products are the best products. It's sometimes true, sometimes not... I have more pleasure listening music with DX312 than with an Hugo 2 that cost however twice the price. it's only my opinion, perhaps some guys will prefer the Hugo 2 and I respect that. I never understood why some fanboys are agressive in their words (often Apple fanboys or A&K lol)
cheers :beerchug::)

Aug 15, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #7,961 of 14,596
I am not a fan boy of anything I am a fan of what is excelent in what it does, but when you compare fans Apple to fans of Astell&kern...well it tells all about you're knowledge, I am not aggressive, I don't like to read untrue things, when I say that sp2000 is better than the dx220 max, the shanling M8, the Sony 1z, dx300, I am not saying by saying, I heard them side by side, not by memory, fans of ibasso and mod master don't accept that, I respect that, but have people that never even have the AK it to compare or heard it and are allways theroticly and repeatedly saying the same, memory comparative is bull%#€&&, with all of this I am not saying that the dx300 is bad, not by a chance, to my ears and IMO is better than the dx220Max, more musical and less aggressive, but better than sp2000, lpgt, n8, etc? Keep on dreaming is good for your wallets

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #7,962 of 14,596
What is best to you might not be the best to others. I have also seen others saying DX300 & M8 better than SP2000, so everything is subjective to each person. Conclusion is SP2000, DX300, M8, etc is equally good. Let's just leave it at that.

Aug 15, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #7,964 of 14,596
And what makes your ears better than others? Arrogance and ignorance sometimes goes hand in hand. There are many here who can easily afford the SP2000 but still find many other DAPs better. Just because they find the others better than SP2000 and claiming it's because they can't afford it? What a naive stupid way of thinking.
I am sure that there are a lot of DAPs better than the DX300, but for me, it's the first DAP that is so satisfying that I am not already looking to replace it. It helps make all of my headphones and IEMs sound great, has a great form factor and great speed for an Android DAP that is feature rich and well designed ergonomically and with really good battery life and pairs very nicely with my Cayin C9.

Aug 15, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #7,965 of 14,596
I am sure that there are a lot of DAPs better than the DX300, but for me, it's the first DAP that is so satisfying that I am not already looking to replace it. It helps make all of my headphones and IEMs sound great, has a great form factor and great speed for an Android DAP that is feature rich and well designed ergonomically and with really good battery life and pairs very nicely with my Cayin C9.
I can second this, DX312 with C9 is quiet Amazing for a portable system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back