iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 1, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #6,991 of 14,596
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #6,993 of 14,596
My DX300 battery is discharging pretty quickly. Overnight it drained from fully charged to 22% by morning. Do I need to shut it off at night or is there some best practice to preserve battery life?

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #6,994 of 14,596
My DX300 battery is discharging pretty quickly. Overnight it drained from fully charged to 22% by morning. Do I need to shut it off at night or is there some best practice to preserve battery life?
The analog battery or the digital battery? If left on, the digital battery can drain because the system is still on. I normally always shut the DX series off. For long term storage, it is best to store at around 80% charge.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #6,995 of 14,596
The analog battery or the digital battery? If left on, the digital battery can drain because the system is still on. I normally always shut the DX series off. For long term storage, it is best to store at around 80% charge.
Digital battery. Okay. I'll shut it off at night.

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #6,996 of 14,596
Imho it's not normal dude. Try to turn off wifi when it's in standby...
I let it burn in all the night and in the morning it's about 30-35% (about 12 hours)

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #6,997 of 14,596
Imho it's not normal dude. Try to turn off wifi when it's in standby...
I let it burn in all the night and in the morning it's about 30-35% (about 12 hours)
Yeah, it shouldn't be that much different than a phone. So, if you aren't listening to music, either you have an issue, or you have a rogue app that is killing battery. Go to settings>battery, and look and see what it says is using battery. Being android, that can be inaccurate, and might need either resetting, and reinstalling apps 1 by 1 to check, or getting a specialized app that can track down what is chewing up the battery. On the other hand, maybe you just have a battery issue.

Has this happened over more than one occasion? Have you drained the digital battery at least once to get the system calibrated properly? Have you tried turning on airplane mode and observing what it is after that?

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #6,998 of 14,596
Yeah, my battery is insane, it's way better than my Samsung s20.
It's playing continuously to be precise.

Attachments

• 20210701_214555.jpg
    20210701_214555.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #7,000 of 14,596
Yeah, it shouldn't be that much different than a phone. So, if you aren't listening to music, either you have an issue, or you have a rogue app that is killing battery. Go to settings>battery, and look and see what it says is using battery. Being android, that can be inaccurate, and might need either resetting, and reinstalling apps 1 by 1 to check, or getting a specialized app that can track down what is chewing up the battery. On the other hand, maybe you just have a battery issue.

Has this happened over more than one occasion? Have you drained the digital battery at least once to get the system calibrated properly? Have you tried turning on airplane mode and observing what it is after that?
I'll run some tests. I did get a new micro SD card and I downloaded a bunch of music. It's possible that I checked the reading before all the downloads were done. This was the first night that it had such extreme battery drain.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #7,001 of 14,596
I am checking the battery settings. This has good data. It now reads 81% and says at current use rate that it will last 14 hours. I'll test it again tonight. I did close all open applications. I am thinking that the downloads I did must have impacted battery usage. That is the one variable that is different from other nights.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #7,002 of 14,596
I am checking the battery settings. This has good data. It now reads 81% and says at current use rate that it will last 14 hours. I'll test it again tonight. I did close all open applications. I am thinking that the downloads I did must have impacted battery usage. That is the one variable that is different from other nights.
I think that the battery is insane. But when you do an extra actions like swapping the amps, installing new apps etc, it drops faster. Honestly i wouldn't care much.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #7,005 of 14,596
You can check in battery to see which app is specifically draining battery

Screenshot_20210702-043427.png
Thanks, I found that app. It's great. I think I understand how to determine whether or not I have an issue now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back