iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 30, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #6,977 of 14,596
Just picked up one of these and really liking it! However, in the Mango App Media Scan options, the "Skip A, An and The" option does not seem to work. When selecting this option and running a scan, ALL artists beginning with "A, An, or The" are omitted from the library scan. So for instance, all "The Beatles" music on my SD card is ignored and not included in the media library at all. Anyone else have this issue?

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #6,978 of 14,596
Just picked up one of these and really liking it! However, in the Mango App Media Scan options, the "Skip A, An and The" option does not seem to work. When selecting this option and running a scan, ALL artists beginning with "A, An, or The" are omitted from the library scan. So for instance, all "The Beatles" music on my SD card is ignored and not included in the media library at all. Anyone else have this issue?
Does it skip the title, album, or artist altogether, or is "The Beatles", for instance, now located in "Beatles"? The way it is worded in the menu, it seems as though it just doesn't add those at all?!

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #6,979 of 14,596
Does it skip the title, album, or artist altogether, or is "The Beatles", for instance, now located in "Beatles"? The way it is worded in the menu, it seems as though it just doesn't add those at all?!
I thought the intent of this option was to take the artist tagged "The Beatles" and ignore the word "The" when running the media scan. The result would be the artist "The Beatles" would be sorted in the Artist category under letter "B" for Beatles, not under letter "T" for The. Instead, what happened is "The Beatles" is missing from the Artist sort altogether and not included under "Beatles" either. I do not think this was the intent...

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #6,980 of 14,596
You may be right on that, but reading for the first time today, I took it that those would be skipped in the scan, not sorted differently. I use Neutron about 90% of the time, and you can choose that option in sorting, and it works a treat. Maybe send an email to paul - iBasso?!

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #6,982 of 14,596
Where can I purchase an AMP11 mk2?

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #6,983 of 14,596
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #6,984 of 14,596
IT07 and DX300 (amp11mark2) is one of my favorite pairings. Its such a good match.

looking forward to your impressions
Well, I received my IT07 today. I haven't done really much burn-in so any impression I give can/will change. These are a fantastic sound pair of IEMs but....... For me they are really shouty in the 2-3k range. I'm not too concerned yet, because both my T800 AND DK2001 had that same thing when I first got them. I think it is a bit of the BA timbre combined with the mini-spike at 2-3k (not to mention I am sensitive to that range). I will not give too many deeper impressions at this time until they are burned-in and have calmed down a bit (which I'm sure they will), other than to say that I really like them.. They sound really good in my DX160 also.

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #6,985 of 14,596
Well, I received my IT07 today. I haven't done really much burn-in so any impression I give can/will change. These are a fantastic sound pair of IEMs but....... For me they are really shouty in the 2-3k range. I'm not too concerned yet, because both my T800 AND DK2001 had that same thing when I first got them. I think it is a bit of the BA timbre combined with the mini-spike at 2-3k (not to mention I am sensitive to that range). I will not give too many deeper impressions at this time until they are burned-in and have calmed down a bit (which I'm sure they will), other than to say that I really like them.. They sound really good in my DX160 also.
CB16 !
E6F679CD-6EC7-410B-941B-D2912F648917.jpeg
i use another iBasso cable on them which seems to complement them well

CB something. I will check and then re edit

CB16 !!!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #6,986 of 14,596
You may be right on that, but reading for the first time today, I took it that those would be skipped in the scan, not sorted differently. I use Neutron about 90% of the time, and you can choose that option in sorting, and it works a treat. Maybe send an email to paul - iBasso?!

Yeah, perhaps the intent was to skip them in the scan, but I'm not sure why you would want to do that? I think my description of how this option would work makes more sense.

On another note, are most folks using the Mango App, Mango OS, Neutron, UAPP, or something else? I like UAPP, but wanted try Mango first to avoid having to download Google Play.

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #6,987 of 14,596
CB16 !
E6F679CD-6EC7-410B-941B-D2912F648917.jpeg
i use another iBasso cable on them which seems to complement them well

CB something. I will check and then re edit

CB16 !!!
Thanks for the rec. I had seen that cable on @twister6's review of them (which is a fantastic read), and have considered it. I had to go back to the copper cable with the T800 until they calmed down. Now I'm using SPC cable.

Not sure what else I can say about the DX300 that hasn't been said in 466 pages except, that I have broke out all my older gear that doesn't get head time anymore to see if it can make even those shine... Short answer: YEP!

I broke out my Piston 2s and they sound fantastic for a $20 IEM... Even my muddy, dark, B&W P5 sound better (though still not at "fantastic" levels).... The biggest surprise for me was the Marshall Monitors. Is the bass boosted? Yes. Are the highs rolled off? Again, yes. But, in the DX300 they really do sound fantastic, fun as hell! They sound great as long as you can get away from those .mp3, and cheap DAPs of the past..:)

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #6,988 of 14,596
Yeah, perhaps the intent was to skip them in the scan, but I'm not sure why you would want to do that? I think my description of how this option would work makes more sense.

On another note, are most folks using the Mango App, Mango OS, Neutron, UAPP, or something else? I like UAPP, but wanted try Mango first to avoid having to download Google Play.
I agree, why would you want to do that, but that is just how it seemed to me the way it is worded. That is also why I skipped over that setting in the past. If it worked the way you mentioned, I would use it for sure though.

I use Neutron + Amazon music HD (wish they would allow integration with UAPP like Tidal and Qobuz). I use Mango now and again, but mostly stick to Neutron for local..... Can't you install it from PureAPK or APK mirror? Or does UAPP rely on google services?

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #6,989 of 14,596
I agree, why would you want to do that, but that is just how it seemed to me the way it is worded. That is also why I skipped over that setting in the past. If it worked the way you mentioned, I would use it for sure though.

I use Neutron + Amazon music HD (wish they would allow integration with UAPP like Tidal and Qobuz). I use Mango now and again, but mostly stick to Neutron for local..... Can't you install it from PureAPK or APK mirror? Or does UAPP rely on google services?

UAPP requires google services, so if you install google play, you must keep it installed with google services active or UAPP will stop working. I like to disable all non-essential apps and tried deleting google play once I installed UAPP and it no longer opens. Mango is decent, but I just prefer UAPP.

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #6,990 of 14,596
UAPP requires google services, so if you install google play, you must keep it installed with google services active or UAPP will stop working. I like to disable all non-essential apps and tried deleting google play once I installed UAPP and it no longer opens. Mango is decent, but I just prefer UAPP.
OIC. Not sure there is a work-around for that then... :frowning2:

Have you tried Neutron, or Hiby player? Neutron is my favorite, but it DOES have a learning curve, and no help files (though there is a link to a website that has some help). They are both bit-perfect players otherwise. Also, I don't know if either one requires Google Services, so there could possibly be that against you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back