iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 20, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #4,981 of 14,617
Hi.
I now use iPhone SE +Lotoo paw S1+iem UM Mest and it has been a very important step in musical emotional enjoyment.
Do you think Ibasso DX 300+mest could improve musical experience?

greetings
If you enjoy the Lotoo Paw S1 with the same IEM... You will love the DX300.

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #4,982 of 14,617
I have been using the DX300 with my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu IEMs and it has been a very interesting experience hearing both burn in together.
The way the pair sounds has been changing quite a bit! I really like the synergy so far and that the DX300 is such a flexible DAP.

I encountered a strange bug on the Mango side of things- having a long list of tracks to play back throughout the night rarely ever works as the DX300 decided to stop playing at random points instead of moving on to the next song in the queue. Strange...

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #4,983 of 14,617
I have been using the DX300 with my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu IEMs and it has been a very interesting experience hearing both burn in together.
The way the pair sounds has been changing quite a bit! I really like the synergy so far and that the DX300 is such a flexible DAP.

I encountered a strange bug on the Mango side of things- having a long list of tracks to play back throughout the night rarely ever works as the DX300 decided to stop playing at random points instead of moving on to the next song in the queue. Strange...
Yes, messed up my burning in procedure as well on few occasions.
Android doesn't do that it seems.

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #4,984 of 14,617
Yes, messed up my burning in procedure as well on few occasions.
Android doesn't do that it seems.
I resorted to using Bubble UPNP and loading my massive collection from the SD card into a single playlist.

Mar 20, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #4,985 of 14,617
How would you guys say the dx300 chagnes during burn in ?
Currently at around 80hrs with my unit.
Started out sounding great, then a little harsh and raspy, seems to be coming down now imo.
Check out @jamato8's posts throughout the thread. He has kept a running commentary of his burn-in experiences. IIRC, your impression at 80 hours seems to track with his. According to him, it gets better...much better.
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #4,986 of 14,617
I have a dx300, a Lootoo paw S1, and just got a luxury precision W2, which has 2 of the same CS DACs as are in the DX300 (though it has 4 DACs). The S1 and W2 both sound great—the w2 being the better of the two: more powerful, a bit more clarity and resolution, more transparent. I have been shocked at how good my EE Odins sound out of both. However, the DX300 has for sure a leg up. It has more power, better dynamics, more expansive soundstage, a little more resolution etc. I think the W2 especially, and maybe even the S1 come very close to mid range daps—but to flagship new dap like the dx300 still clearly bests both. Now I got the w2 because there are usage cases where it is more convenient to use than the dx300–it is a lot smaller and more portable. But if you are asking whether the Dx300 is noticeably better, the answer is yes. It also has much better battery life than my iphone with the w2 plugged in (the w2 and S1 both drain the phone battery). Whether that difference is worth the price of entry, that’s only something you can decide for yourself.

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #4,987 of 14,617
I have a dx300, a Lootoo paw S1, and just got a luxury precision W2, which has 2 of the same CS DACs as are in the DX300 (though it has 4 DACs). The S1 and W2 both sound great—the w2 being the better of the two: more powerful, a bit more clarity and resolution, more transparent. I have been shocked at how good my EE Odins sound out of both. However, the DX300 has for sure a leg up. It has more power, better dynamics, more expansive soundstage, a little more resolution etc. I think the W2 especially, and maybe even the S1 come very close to mid range daps—but to flagship new dap like the dx300 still clearly bests both. Now I got the w2 because there are usage cases where it is more convenient to use than the dx300–it is a lot smaller and more portable. But if you are asking whether the Dx300 is noticeably better, the answer is yes. It also has much better battery life than my iphone with the w2 plugged in (the w2 and S1 both drain the phone battery). Whether that difference is worth the price of entry, that’s only something you can decide for yourself.
Good to know you are enjoying the sound of the DX300, thanks. This is kinda like comparing a Ford Fiesta to a TT RS, tho. DX300 is 4 times more expensive than either of the other ones so, unsurprisingly, it sounds better.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #4,988 of 14,617
Good to know you are enjoying the sound of the DX300, thanks. This is kinda like comparing a Ford Fiesta to a TT RS, tho. DX300 is 4 times more expensive than either of the other ones so, unsurprisingly, it sounds better.
I even concur expecting that any TOTL DAP has to sound best with any IEM / Can pairing.
E.g with sensitive IEM like my 7 Ohm Andro Gold it's like shooting with a bozooka to a feather.
From what I have experienced W2 was a better pairing.
For my Full Size cans no competition, DX300 wins hands down.

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #4,989 of 14,617
Hello, I need a balanced cable for my dx300, it would be for a denon adh 9200, some recommendation, since they are neutral headphones, some cable that enhances the low frequencies.

regards
Try the Bispa Jun

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #4,991 of 14,617
Hi guys,

Anybody else that has had DX300 can compare to the likes of A&K KC or SP1000? I know they are different DAC chips (ESS Sabre, AKM, CL), so they will probably have a different signature, but am looking for SQ comparisons (on the same iem/HP, whatever that is). I don't care much about streaming or Bluetooth, usually play off local storage and portability vs. transportability isn't an issue for me. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #4,992 of 14,617
Hi guys,

Anybody else that has had DX300 can compare to the likes of A&K KC or SP1000? I know they are different DAC chips (ESS Sabre, AKM, CL), so they will probably have a different signature, but am looking for SQ comparisons (on the same iem/HP, whatever that is). I don't care much about streaming or Bluetooth, usually play off local storage and portability vs. transportability isn't an issue for me. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
I previously owned a Kann Cube prior to purchasing my DX300... From memory I liked the The KC. But it wasn't nearly as fun to listen to as the DX300. Also the KC's Amp section may have a tad more power. All my headphones & IEMs are easily driven by both devices.

They both sound amazing however, the Kann Cube had some UX/UI issues that I couldn't get past. Tidal was a sticking point for me. If you are only listening to local files I think the DX300 is the better device all around.

If you already have a KC and really want to blow your mind.. Try it with the xlr cable and Headamp GS-X Mini or the T+A HA 200 DAC Amp.

Besides listening to my current desktop listening station, the Questyle QPM, The T+A HA 200 and Solitaire-P/Audeze LCD-MX4, Hugo 2 and LCD-4Z, as well as the Sennheiser HE1. The DX300 for me ranks up there as one of my more memorable music listening experiences. I genuinely enjoy this DAP. It does an admirable job of purely playing music. The bells and whistles only enhance the experience.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #4,993 of 14,617
I previously owned a Kann Cube prior to purchasing my DX300... From memory I liked the The KC. But it wasn't nearly as fun to listen to as the DX300. Also the KC's Amp section may have a tad more power. All my headphones & IEMs are easily driven by both devices.

They both sound amazing however, the Kann Cube had some UX/UI issues that I couldn't get past. Tidal was a sticking point for me. If you are only listening to local files I think the DX300 is the better device all around.

If you already have a KC and really want to blow your mind.. Try it with the xlr cable and Headamp GS-X Mini or the T+A HA 200 DAC Amp.

Besides listening to my current desktop listening station, the Questyle QPM, The T+A HA 200 and Solitaire-P/Audeze LCD-MX4, Hugo 2 and LCD-4Z, as well as the Sennheiser HE1. The DX300 for me ranks up there as one of my more memorable music listening experiences. I genuinely enjoy this DAP. It does an admirable job of purely playing music. The bells and whistles only enhance the experience.
Thanks @Tex Irie, that's helpful and interesting. My pocket (at the moment) can only support a DAP upgrade, unfortunately. Sorry to bother you some more, but, without connecting to an external HP amp, would you say that SQ-wise, and excepting the differences in signature (which I guess account for the "fun" feeling), KC and DX300 are roughly on a par, especially for listening to onboard stored files? Btw, I also read on this thread that DX300 with Cayin C9/Hugo 2 make for a very enhanced experience as compared to just DAP+HP. Also, from what I read, DX300 is overall better in terms of UI, screen resolution, loading AKP and Bluetooth. So, if SQ-wise (i.e. detail retrieval, soundstage, instrument separation) they are comparable, it would make sense for me to go for the newer DAP.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,994 of 14,617
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some first-hand experience of iBasso's DX300:

- Compared with Astell & Kern's A&norma SR25;
The DX300 has a wider, more open soundstage than the SR25, dynamics are better, and it delivers higher resolution. Sub bass may also go deeper. The SR25's midrange is richer to the point of coloration whereas the DX300 is more natural. Overall the DX300 delivers an easily-discernable higher end audiophile experience, and is also far larger, faster, with a vastly improved screen. If you plan on doing any streaming at all there is no comparison between them.

That said I much prefer the SR25 form factor for portability as I only use my DX300 at home. It always feels primitive to use after coming from the DX300 however.

Mar 21, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #4,995 of 14,617
Thanks @Tex Irie, that's helpful and interesting. My pocket (at the moment) can only support a DAP upgrade, unfortunately. Sorry to bother you some more, but, without connecting to an external HP amp, would you say that SQ-wise, and excepting the differences in signature (which I guess account for the "fun" feeling) KC and DX300 are roughly on a par (especially for listening to onboard stored files)? I also read on this thread that DX300 with Cayin C9/Hugo 2 make for a very enhanced experience as compared to just DAP+HP. Also, from what I read, DX300 is overall better in terms of UI, screen resolution, loading AKP and Bluetooth. So, if SQ-wise (i.e. detail retrieval, soundstage, instrument separation) they are comparable, it would make sense for me to go for the newer DAP.
@gentzen It's never a bother because perspectives are important. The KC is excellent but was less warm sounding. The sluggish UI and UX issues just made it an awesome sounding desk anchor. I sold mine because it wasn't quite what I was looking for. additionally, nothing wowed me about the KC until I heard it with the amps I mentioned. It's not offensive in the sense that sound wise it just plays music.

I think the DX300 has a honestly more engaging sound... My music collection has ballooned an extra 200 GB since I purchased the DX300 last month. I'm listening to music I wouldn't have given more than 10 seconds of my time to before. I also can appreciate listening to everything under the sun while working without having to use my desktop listening station.

If you are currently enjoying what you have and it checks all the boxes for you... get more headphones or IEMs that accentuate the positives.. I would say comparing the KC to DX300 is like asking which variation chocolate ice cream you prefer and your options are Moose Tracks or Death by Chocolate. Damn near the same thing but its the little extra decadence that wins out for me. The DX300 is Death by Chocolate.. Luscious and makes me feel like a Billionaire when I listen to Rick Ross.
20210321_113208_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back