iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Aug 25, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,367 of 5,022
Can anyone compare between DX300 + AMP12 and DX300 MAX?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,369 of 5,022
I‘m a firm believer that if you have to EQ anything that you’re buying the wrong stuff to begin with, but that‘s just me. 🤭 Then again I will tip roll and occasionally cable roll to fine tune a sound.

I used to think this.

No EQ can still be great in a headphone setup, but it's going to be worse for most people without dedicated speaker rooms in a speaker setup, and you definitely need EQ in a car.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #1,371 of 5,022
I know that it's a shame that we have to pay for an additional app to make Tidal work flawlessly on a device as expensive as the DX300MAX but UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) is doing a really fine job with Tidal Masters and regular songs.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #1,373 of 5,022
I know that it's a shame that we have to pay for an additional app to make Tidal work flawlessly on a device as expensive as the DX300MAX but UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) is doing a really fine job with Tidal Masters and regular songs.
but it does not unfold x16 mqa and there are not as many mixes or news as in the native app..

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #1,374 of 5,022
I used to think this.

No EQ can still be great in a headphone setup, but it's going to be worse for most people without dedicated speaker rooms in a speaker setup, and you definitely need EQ in a car.
Agreed.

No EQ with headphones is fine, mind you that the 3MAX seems to have a sophisticated PEQ.

At home, I have no EQ with my current set up but I find the sound truly amazing. But you always think that until you hear better sound. Maybe one day I will try something like Dirac Live.

In a car, EQ is mandatory. To much of an incoventional listening room with unequal listening distances from speakers, large areas of glass, etc. The best EQ system I ever used was Alpine Imprint. Just incredible the difference it made on the sound but a bit PITA to get working.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #1,375 of 5,022
but it does not unfold x16 mqa and there are not as many mixes or news as in the native app..
I won't bet my life on that but I think that the 16x unfold is made entirely by the 3MAX when it receives a MQA signal. UAPP is recognizing that the 3MAX is a full decoder so it won't do the first unfold and only pass the bit perfect MQA file to the 3MAX to do all the MQA unfolds and OS to the max resolution of the dac (705.6 and 768 in the case of the 3MAX).

That's why you don't see the green (MQA) or blue (MQA Studio) dot on UAPP. It's written in their litterature. But what is puzzling, it's the fact that the 3MAX only show native file resolution (44.1 and 48) on the information bar at the top of it's screen. But to my ears, the UAPP MQA sounds as good if not better than the native Tidal MQA playback (not considering the clicks and pops).

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #1,376 of 5,022
Would anyone please write detailed instructions on how to update the firmware locally as several members, including myself, have hit brick walls with attempting to do this. Many thanks.

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #1,377 of 5,022
Continuing the burn-in and the bass is really starting to tighten up. I know the bird gets raved about its impressive BA bass, but I honestly feel like I am listening to a Dynamic Driver at times. Incredible heft with subbass for days.

I'll dust off the Aure Elixir later to compare against a mid-fi DD and see what it does there as well.

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #1,378 of 5,022
Would anyone please write detailed instructions on how to update the firmware locally as several members, including myself, have hit brick walls with attempting to do this. Many thanks.
Ibasso instructions: You must unfold a downloaded rar ..You will see a Zip and the TXT

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that the battery indicators have a possibility that don't work correctly after a reboot.

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX300MAX_full_ota_1.01.148.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX300MAX's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX300MAX after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.

Best Regards

Sisco

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #1,379 of 5,022
I won't bet my life on that but I think that the 16x unfold is made entirely by the 3MAX when it receives a MQA signal. UAPP is recognizing that the 3MAX is a full decoder so it won't do the first unfold and only pass the bit perfect MQA file to the 3MAX to do all the MQA unfolds and OS to the max resolution of the dac (705.6 and 768 in the case of the 3MAX).

That's why you don't see the green (MQA) or blue (MQA Studio) dot on UAPP. It's written in their litterature. But what is puzzling, it's the fact that the 3MAX only show native file resolution (44.1 and 48) on the information bar at the top of it's screen. But to my ears, the UAPP MQA sounds as good if not better than the native Tidal MQA playback (not considering the clicks and pops).
I can't see the native resolution on the bar...Native is 96khz and is showing ..48Khz. I think UAPP is not full compatible with DX300Max.

20210825_172203.jpg

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #1,380 of 5,022
Ibasso instructions: You must unfold a downloaded rar ..You will see a Zip and the TXT

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that the battery indicators have a possibility that don't work correctly after a reboot.

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX300MAX_full_ota_1.01.148.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX300MAX's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX300MAX after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.

Best Regards

Sisco
I think the problem people (myself included) are experimenting is the path to move the zip file to the root of the internal memory. The option Move to is just not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back