iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Feb 20, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #5,011 of 5,022
By the way, my 1.5TB SanDisk Ultra micro sd card (they currently have a sale for it on Amazon) just arrived, should I keep it in exFAT format or should I format it to FAT32?

Thanks!

exFAT, because that will allow you to hold larger file sizes. May come into play if you end up with a DSD saved song.

Or want to keep a music video around that happens to be a large file.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #5,012 of 5,022
Thanks a lot for that, do you think this type lower treble glare is headphone dependent? I'm planning on using my ZMF Calderas and HD650 with the 3MAX so they could synergize a bit differently than your Focal Utopia.
Perhaps I can ask steve to address this issue with the lower treble and perhaps he can make some adjustments to the mod. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the insight though.

I am now confused, about my statement before.

So I used the Ibasso deal to buy the PB5 Osprey portable amp.

And I am still getting the problem of the etch of the playback via the Line-out of the dx300max.

Okay, I'm starting to think there is something wrong with my dx300max's DAC output.

Because again, I still hear a slight etch via Line-out even through the PB5 Osprey.

Seems of the things NPAudio did to my dap, he didn't botch the amp section, but somehow it ended w/ a problem in my DAC section..... giving it an etch. (unless it was always innately there and I didn't notice till after the mod)

Lowering the DAC output volume doesn't change things, so it's no a matter of clipping things.

Hopefully it's just a matter of needing new batteries for the DAC section (though I have no obvious signs of this happening). And not something that got changed in the DAC section, or the Line-Out..

......or it could be whatever firmware problem is the affecting Ultimate-mode. But even with Ultimate-mode off, I still have the problem there.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #5,013 of 5,022

And I am still getting the problem of the etch of the playback via the Line-out of the dx300max.

Okay, I'm starting to think there is something wrong with my dx300max's DAC output.

Because again, I still hear a slight etch via Line-out even through the PB5 Osprey.

Seems of the things NPAudio did to my dap, he didn't botch the amp section, but somehow it ended w/ a problem in my DAC section..... giving it an etch. (unless it was always innately there and I didn't notice till after the mod)

Lowering the DAC output volume doesn't change things, so it's no a matter of clipping things.

Hopefully it's just a matter of needing new batteries for the DAC section (though I have no obvious signs of this happening). And not something that got changed in the DAC section, or the Line-Out..

......or it could be whatever firmware problem is the affecting Ultimate-mode. But even with Ultimate-mode off, I still have the problem there.

Interesting, anyone else have the same problem?

Feb 22, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #5,014 of 5,022
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #5,015 of 5,022

This may be a stupid question but could it be a problem with your interconnect cable for the Line Out connection? Hence the distortion?

Mar 8, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #5,016 of 5,022
PB5 really prone to RF interferences, i would put my smartphone in distance to avoid the interference.

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #5,017 of 5,022
Our software team is looking at this and we will have a firmware update for the DX300MAX.
Hi Paul,

It’s now April. When do you expect this firmware update to be available?

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #5,018 of 5,022
That is assuming they have been able to identify the cause.

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #5,019 of 5,022
That is assuming they have been able to identify the cause.

The last firmware update was October 2022. I have a bad feeling that iBasso want the 500 DX300MAX owners to go away. It looks like we will have to accept that the update isn't going to happen

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #5,020 of 5,022
The last firmware update was October 2022. I have a bad feeling that iBasso want the 500 DX300MAX owners to go away. It looks like we will have to accept that the update isn't going to happen

The problem everyone is reporting with their 3MAX, does it only happen when you're streaming music?

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #5,021 of 5,022
Our software team is working on a firmware update. It is active but I don't have a specific date of release but it is upcoming.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 21, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #5,022 of 5,022
Ultimate mode still not fixed after all this time? lol

Stick a fork in it, that update would have happened already if they truly wanted to fix it.... It's not the end of the world, but I'm still pissed about Harambe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back