iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Jul 2, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #63 of 5,022
Interested

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #64 of 5,022
However, there is only 500 units worldwide for now. So choose your poison
If there is a fixed number of units to be made on this first run, then it is logical to conclude, that each authorized distributor/reseller would have a certain amount.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #65 of 5,022
ExpatinJapan's picture shows that dealer has 10 assigned to them.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #66 of 5,022
10 units can fly out the windows pretty fast. So, you may need to consider the options to preorder wherever possible now ? Or wait for your dealer to “maybe” having allocations for some units, which May leave you “miss out”

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #67 of 5,022
I actually rather having separated Chargers. There are reasons for it

1/ if (big if as I rarely see it happened) the FPGA is utilized like the Dx300, then the batteries may not be triggered charging. Eventhough there is nothing wrong with it, and it could simply be a firmware bug, people wouldn’t be happy. No one would want to wait around for a new firmware if the DAC unit is working and amplifier won’t, which means no sound
Beside, Dx300 is using 1 charger :wink:. So there is an option

2/ If the FPGA isnt utilized for charging purposes. Then it could be completely dedicated toward sound processings. This results in less “back ground processing” for the FPGA, which May results in micro voltages differences tolerances, which May result in voltage errors and trigger errors corrections. That in turn also effect the sound performances signatures

3/ You can charge only the amplifier if you want while leaving the DAC non charging and unhooked for a cleaner Digital processing

The DX300Max is a lot of differences than Dx220Max in the charging circuitry. Together with the FPGA and beefy SOC, the Possibilities are endless

1/ Having FPGA totally dedicated toward one digital sections = more power to process digital signals. It could be utilized for many different purposes including Resample, Upsampled, Sigma Delta modulations….etc. It means you can enjoy all PCM resampled to 768Khz or even DSD256 ?

2/ Powerful SOC can assist in MQA unfolding 16X with FPGA and AK4498EQ x2

The Dx300Max is like a modernized power house with AK4499EQ, where as Dx220Max will be the last generation greatest ESS DAC from Ibasso to date, and Dx300 is like a Portable powerhouse with Zombie like batteries that keeps on going and going with modular amps and quad DAC of cirrus

In the end, if you love Ibasso, you would collect them all. It will be super hard to only decide to get one.
I own a DX160 and DX300 and the thing I love the most about them is the sound quality. Makes me want to get a DX300 Max. Will you be getting one?

Jul 2, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #68 of 5,022
What if distributor gets more pre-orders than they are assigned?
They should know before hand how many units they will have, correct?
I would not like to have a preorder that is not guaranteed.

Jul 2, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #69 of 5,022
I own a DX160 and DX300 and the thing I love the most about them is the sound quality. Makes me want to get a DX300 Max. Will you be getting one?
Yes!!! Will try my best to get one
What if distributor gets more pre-orders than they are assigned?
They should know before hand how many units they will have, correct?
I would not like to have a preorder that is not guaranteed.
Usually they would know the “allocation” quantities that they are going to stock in the inventory before preorders. However, some bad dealers still just pull an estimate for some “hot selling products”. That is just because who doesn’t want to sell stuff ? Especially when it is sold even before inventory ? When it happens that way, they just refund the purchase and sometimes a little store credits. But that is just the way I have been through it

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #71 of 5,022
So here is my plan!!! When and if I get a Dx300Max. I will turn on this tune for wifey when I unbox it

Surely this is not the worst thing you have done to make her afraid :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #72 of 5,022
Just noticed that the volume knob looks to not be as slippery, by having some textured design.👍🙂
I sometimes have trouble turning the knob lol

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #73 of 5,022
I hope its line is also a real line out like AMP12. How is the line out of MAX2 compared to AMP12?

Only thing this machine is missing is a system level PEQ.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #75 of 5,022
They ship to NA or do we have to wait for a reseller here?

Jaben do ship to NA, and I totally recommend them. Although warranty will have to go through them....when the “if” happened. However, there is only 500 units worldwide for now. So choose your poison
I would recommend Zeppellin over Japen. Better buying experience with Zeppellin. Staffs is much friendlier and has better customer service level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back