iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Jun 27, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #31 of 5,029
More impression incoming.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-141032_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-141032_Twitter.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210627-141149_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-141149_Twitter.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 27, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #32 of 5,029
Not hard? So like the imaging? So probably how people like to call akm stuff velvety.

Normal pressure? So nuetral when comes to punchiness?

Interesting

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #33 of 5,029
I am sure iBasso had some AKM 4499 chips lying around they needed to get rid of. Not enough no make a full production unit but just enough for a limited run, high margin unit.
They don't have a lot of experience with high-end AKM chips so I am not holding my breath for this one.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #34 of 5,029
I am sure iBasso had some AKM 4499 chips lying around they needed to get rid of. Not enough no make a full production unit but just enough for a limited run, high margin unit.
They don't have a lot of experience with high-end AKM chips so I am not holding my breath for this one.
On the contrary, I am expecting maybe the best 4499 implementation in the (trans)portable market, which is why I am excited. As much as I hated the software platform of the previous generation of devices, iBasso turned it around 180 degrees with the new platform. MAX3 has the potential to be a killer combo.

Jun 29, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #35 of 5,029
More like they had this planned a while ago, but was stuck in Limbo due to Covid and possibly the release of DX300. Then now when the time comes to release, they are facing the issues of AKM factory fires. So there are only enough units to make a limited run. The limited run is due to AKM incidents which stopped the productions of AKM DAC Chips.

Jun 29, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #36 of 5,029
More like they had this planned a while ago, but was stuck in Limbo due to Covid and possibly the release of DX300. Then now when the time comes to release, they are facing the issues of AKM factory fires. So there are only enough units to make a limited run. The limited run is due to AKM incidents which stopped the productions of AKM DAC Chips.
Fairly unlikely but since I know you work closely with them let's agree to disagree 😏

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #37 of 5,029
Fairly unlikely but since I know you work closely with them let's agree to disagree 😏
I wish I could work closely with Ibasso LOL!!! I think many people would take it that ways because I pushed Ibasso to release a Fan Edition Amp8 module aka Amp8EX-FE. But it simply was just a DIY ideas which caught Ibasso attentions and so Ibasso agreed to produce a small batches of it as a limited versions. Then I simply provided the best “tuning implementations” for the module back then. The only thing I did try was to ask for the price to be as reasonable as possible. That resulted in the first batch which I organized and did all the legs works with pay pal payments and fees and so on, and made the lowest price run initially. There were a second batch that released in Japan and that wasn’t organized by me, but by Ibasso Authorized dealer, which saw a slight bump in prices.

The real reasons that I gave it up the second time around were because too much trollings and negativities surrounding the whole issues. For a period there, I was looked at by some people with such a potential thieving that I would gathered up all the money then disappear. In the while I was spending time and stress to deal with the whole issues for nothing, but simply enthusiastic about the player and the hobby. It is just because I am simply not in the business and were never setup or prepared to do so. Topping that off with all the stresses from people who would keep on trolling at everything and chances that they could.
Needless to say that Ibasso also faced some issues as well from all the negativities and toxicity.

Anyways, I am glad to be stepping back where I am, simply a forum member, with enthusiasm toward my very own hobby, which means to relax and elevate my soul, emotions, and happy times. I am glad that Ibasso Dx312 is doing this in a good way, and so I do look forward to Dx300Max

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #38 of 5,029
I wish I could work closely with Ibasso LOL!!! I think many people would take it that ways because I pushed Ibasso to release a Fan Edition Amp8 module aka Amp8EX-FE. But it simply was just a DIY ideas which caught Ibasso attentions and so Ibasso agreed to produce a small batches of it as a limited versions. Then I simply provided the best “tuning implementations” for the module back then. The only thing I did try was to ask for the price to be as reasonable as possible. That resulted in the first batch which I organized and did all the legs works with pay pal payments and fees and so on, and made the lowest price run initially. There were a second batch that released in Japan and that wasn’t organized by me, but by Ibasso Authorized dealer, which saw a slight bump in prices.

The real reasons that I gave it up the second time around were because too much trollings and negativities surrounding the whole issues. For a period there, I was looked at by some people with such a potential thieving that I would gathered up all the money then disappear. In the while I was spending time and stress to deal with the whole issues for nothing, but simply enthusiastic about the player and the hobby. It is just because I am simply not in the business and were never setup or prepared to do so. Topping that off with all the stresses from people who would keep on trolling at everything and chances that they could.
Needless to say that Ibasso also faced some issues as well from all the negativities and toxicity.

Anyways, I am glad to be stepping back where I am, simply a forum member, with enthusiasm toward my very own hobby, which means to relax and elevate my soul, emotions, and happy times. I am glad that Ibasso Dx312 is doing this in a good way, and so I do look forward to Dx300Max

I remember that negativity drama... so sorry to see you had to put up with that. It's good to ask, but if they only did a little due diligence and understood all the DIY/mod contributions you have been doing... In the end, we all benefited from Whitigir's mods in Amp8EX, MAX and DX300. I'm looking forward to your 300MAX teardown analysis and mods! :ksc75smile:

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #42 of 5,029
I emailed Paul directly and they said there was no pre-order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back