iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Oct 6, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,816 of 2,153
Thanks, that helped me. Now i understand this.

But i have another problem:

ISO files seem to make some trouble on DX120. For an Album in "SHM-SHCD ISO", the order of titles is changed.

And Folderplay doesn´t work as it should be. I have that for an Album in .dsf , also SHCD. When cd 1 ends, it jumps to another Album instead of cd 2.
I have notified our software team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 6, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #1,817 of 2,153
I have a problem getting my dx120 to connect with my win10 laptop as a dac

i installed the latest dac driver after turning off the need for a signed driver in win10 and it still will connect (i have disconnected the dx120 and then reconnected several times but no joy)

any ideas?

d
Have you tried other USB C cables and other ports?

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,818 of 2,153
I have a problem getting my dx120 to connect with my win10 laptop as a dac

i installed the latest dac driver after turning off the need for a signed driver in win10 and it still will connect (i have disconnected the dx120 and then reconnected several times but no joy)

any ideas?

d

I've been having similar issues with mine. Sometimes I can get it to work by putting it in reader mode, waiting for the drives to appear, disconnecting, then re-attaching in DAC mode.

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,819 of 2,153
Have you tried other USB C cables and other ports?

Tried another cable and another port and it worked eventually but i could not use the audioquest jitterbug as it would not work with that inserted, also the original cable supplied by ibasso did not work, only the alternative cable i had purchased from Amazon.

I also have a fiio x7 and this connects perfectly every time and with the jitterbug in the circuit so i am not sure why the dx120 is problematic as it is a wonderful dap in every other respect.

d

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #1,820 of 2,153

Hello Paul,

My screen problem is progressing, black unresponsive area is taking more and more out of "working" screen (see picture bellow).
Is there a way to fix it? or can I order/buy a screen replacement?

Regards,
Andy

20191010_104251s.jpg

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #1,821 of 2,153
Hello Paul,

My screen problem is progressing, black unresponsive area is taking more and more out of "working" screen (see picture bellow).

Regards,
Andy

Please contact me at paul@ibasso.com and I can set up an RMA number for you.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #1,822 of 2,153
Hello Paul,

Regards,
Andy

@Paul - iBasso
I'm having the same problem :frowning2:. It started this weekend, I used it on Saturday than I left it on my nightstand since than. I Went to use it last night when I noticed something was wrong with the screen. Everything works fine, it seems the lines are just there. Is it a loose ribbon cable maybe?

IMG_20191014_223113.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #1,824 of 2,153
Does USB OTG transfer support XMOS protocol (preferably XU208 protocol)?
FYI there is no such a "protocol". XMOS announces itself as USB Audio Class 2.0 device.

Oct 22, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,826 of 2,153
@Paul - iBasso
I'm having the same problem :frowning2:. It started this weekend, I used it on Saturday than I left it on my nightstand since than. I Went to use it last night when I noticed something was wrong with the screen. Everything works fine, it seems the lines are just there. Is it a loose ribbon cable maybe?

Just as and FYI for those that want to take the player apart for whatever reason...dont! the back glass is easy enough to remove but after fighting with it for half an hour trying to put the glass back it broke. One of the tabs would not go back in place, a little more force shattered the back glass. At any rate i had to go back to my Fiio x3ii during the Ibasso RMA process...and now i really miss my dx120. The x3ii has some weird tinny unnatural metallic sound at the top end compared to the DX120.

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #1,830 of 2,153
I recently installed the firmware 2.9.121 on my DX120. It was the first firmware update I have installed since I purchased it in Sept. 2018.

I installed the firmware, did factory reset, and deleted the update file as the instructions say.

Now, the DX120 won't scan my microsd card properly. When I start the scanning process, it says it is scanning, reaches 2% and then shuts down and reboots. When I check, sure enough only a few albums have been scanned into the database. It does the same thing regardless of which card slot I am using or scanning.

Update: Since writing the above, I have tried 5 or 6 different firmware version, and get the same result. All the latest firmware version scan to 2 percent and then it reboots. I've tried all the way back to version 2.1.20 and with that version, it will scan to about 25 percent, and then shut off and reboot.

So, basically, I can no longer scan my library with the DX120, no matter which firmware version I have installed. If I go into the directory access, I can see all the files that are on the sd card, but if I try to scan them, it aborts the scanning somewhere between 2 and 25 percent, depending which firmware I have installed.

Note that this DID NOT happen for the past one year, while I was running the DX120 on the firmware that came with it out of the box.

Can anyone help me here? I am clueless as to what to try next

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back