1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
123 124
Next

Last
  1. vas-tomsk
    Your memory card is formatted in exFAT. Sometimes iBasso DX120 writes some information on memory card. After that, the recording session remains open. The session are closed when you turn off the player. If you removed the memory card from the worked player, then the session remains open. Therefore, your computer cannot work normally with such a memory card. You needs to check the memory card on the computer, which will close the session and remove this error.

To prevent this from happening, I format my memory cards in FAT32.

2. Happosai420
    How are you updating firmware? Are you using the factory batch tool? I had the same problem too and was able to fix it through the batch tool. If you look for my name on this thread, you can find my "adventures"

3. customeauser
    Thanks, that helped me. Now i understand this.

But i have another problem:

ISO files seem to make some trouble on DX120. For an Album in "SHM-SHCD ISO", the order of titles is changed.

And Folderplay doesn´t work as it should be. I have that for an Album in .dsf , also SHCD. When cd 1 ends, it jumps to another Album instead of cd 2.

4. bmnathe

I've had issues with tagging on the newer firmware but V2.4.59 works well for me. Maybe try that one and see if that solves your issue?

5. magicalmouse
    I have a problem getting my dx120 to connect with my win10 laptop as a dac

i installed the latest dac driver after turning off the need for a signed driver in win10 and it still will connect (i have disconnected the dx120 and then reconnected several times but no joy)

any ideas?

d

6. Paul - iBasso
    I have notified our software team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  7. Paul - iBasso
    Have you tried other USB C cables and other ports?

8. MarkoOktabyr
    I've been having similar issues with mine. Sometimes I can get it to work by putting it in reader mode, waiting for the drives to appear, disconnecting, then re-attaching in DAC mode.

9. magicalmouse
    Tried another cable and another port and it worked eventually but i could not use the audioquest jitterbug as it would not work with that inserted, also the original cable supplied by ibasso did not work, only the alternative cable i had purchased from Amazon.

I also have a fiio x7 and this connects perfectly every time and with the jitterbug in the circuit so i am not sure why the dx120 is problematic as it is a wonderful dap in every other respect.

d

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  10. andi16
    Hello Paul,

My screen problem is progressing, black unresponsive area is taking more and more out of "working" screen (see picture bellow).
    Is there a way to fix it? or can I order/buy a screen replacement?

Regards,
    Andy

20191010_104251s.jpg

11. Paul - iBasso
    Please contact me at paul@ibasso.com and I can set up an RMA number for you.

12. trivium911
    @Paul - iBasso
    I'm having the same problem :frowning2:. It started this weekend, I used it on Saturday than I left it on my nightstand since than. I Went to use it last night when I noticed something was wrong with the screen. Everything works fine, it seems the lines are just there. Is it a loose ribbon cable maybe?

IMG_20191014_223113.jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  13. vas-tomsk
    Paul, what PCM (bits / kHz) and DSD (64,128,256,512 / native,DoP,D2P) formats can I transfer from iBasso DX120 using USB OTG? Does USB OTG transfer support XMOS protocol (preferably for chip XU208)?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  14. Lurker0
    FYI there is no such a "protocol". XMOS announces itself as USB Audio Class 2.0 device.

vas-tomsk likes this.
  15. Amaury Montfort
    Hi there. Can the ibasso dx120 show album art that is stored just once as folder.jpg into the music folder (not encoded into each single audio file)?

First

Back
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
123 124
Next

Last