iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 15, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,756 of 2,153
Thank you.
I can do without the artwork completely if possible. Was debating between the DX 120 and Plenum D or D2. Due to being faster I would prefer the ibasso if no glitches showed.
Couldn't find much comparison sound wise, though...

Artwork isn't an issue unless you have huge sized ones. had to figure that one out myself lol. I've been happy with the dx120 for 3 months now, the plastic case it comes with is useless IMO. I bought the the leather one and it's much better. I have not heard many DAPS but as far as dac land is concerned I prefer multibit and AKM for DS dacs. Smooth resolving and slightly laid back with no fatigue for long sessions. I am using kanas pro IEM I think it pairs nicely.

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #1,760 of 2,153
Depending on the headphones it shouldn't be a problem. Might want to consider a 2.5mm cable as you would get 2x the power.

My MEE Pinacle P1's are rated at 50 ohms and sensitivity of 96 and are a little difficult to drive normally, but the DX120 has no problem driving them, even single ended.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking now for a Canadian vendor. DHL has a habit of inflating the import/brokerage charges from what I've heard.

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #1,761 of 2,153
absolude: I live in the philippines and DHL rips me off even if the vendor provides me with "Free" DHL. They add on extra charges like processing import charge, storage charge, etc.. Now when I order, I always ask the vendor to send it by Postal Priority Mail International, which in some places is called EMS (Express Mail Service). I never get charged import fees or any other add on fees. Would this work for you in Canada?

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #1,763 of 2,153
Thanks for the suggestions. Looking now for a Canadian vendor. DHL has a habit of inflating the import/brokerage charges from what I've heard.

I usually hate DHL, however they only charged me about $20 CAD which was slightly less than the GST would have been if I were to buy it at a local retailer. I'm in Alberta so no PST though. I also bought from ibasso direct. As far as software I really haven't had any issues...so I don't think you need to worry. They have fixed pretty much everything that I'm aware of in a extremely quick fashion.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,764 of 2,153
Hi i am having an issue with finding a coax cable to connect the dx120 to my mojo, i am using an analog 3.5 to 3.5 cable at present and this works but i would prefer a proper coax cable - any ideas would be helpful

d

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,767 of 2,153
Do you mean other than the coax cable that's included with the DX120?
I am using a coax cable that has the 3.5 into the DX120 and on the other side is a standard coax connector..

Hi thank you for replying but i do have the one that came with it, what i need is to somehow attach the Mojo to the dx120 as the MOjo has a 3.5mm connection for the coax not a standard coax connection.

d

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #1,768 of 2,153
absolude: I live in the philippines and DHL rips me off even if the vendor provides me with "Free" DHL. They add on extra charges like processing import charge, storage charge, etc.. Now when I order, I always ask the vendor to send it by Postal Priority Mail International, which in some places is called EMS (Express Mail Service). I never get charged import fees or any other add on fees. Would this work for you in Canada?

absolude: I forgot to tell you that if you can't find a vendor in Canada, then Penon Audio can ship to you by EMS for about $20. I buy 95% of my audio gear from Penon.

Sounds good. Thank you.
I have my strategy with FedEx and UPS but not sure it works with DHL.
I call with the tracking number and request that they don't do any brokerage for me.
Postal Services are better most of the time...

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #1,769 of 2,153
I usually hate DHL, however they only charged me about $20 CAD which was slightly less than the GST would have been if I were to buy it at a local retailer. I'm in Alberta so no PST though. I also bought from ibasso direct. As far as software I really haven't had any issues...so I don't think you need to worry. They have fixed pretty much everything that I'm aware of in a extremely quick fashion.

Hope I can avoid them. Worse case, I'll take my chances.

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #1,770 of 2,153
Hi all,

Considering selling my hardly used DX 120, PM me for details & ONLY if interested.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back