iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Aug 28, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #1,727 of 2,153
2. Cue is for a whole recording of a CD, we can't change anything of the recording. If there is a stop between two songs then this will occur when playing the album. We haven't found a way to change this.
cleardot.gif
Paul, I’m already tired of repeating that the latest firmware 2.7.105 and earlier, except 2.1.20, add pauses when playing FLAC + CUE. Firmware 2.1.20 pauses are not added when playing FLAC + CUE, but this firmware has its drawbacks that do not allow me to use it.

It's easy to check on these CD rips of the same album - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K5L7yUpQMLrYg0PoV2mwZKNN4dKxfo5V The rip of split tracks (FLAC Tracks) is played without pauses, but the rip of merged tracks (FLAC+CUE) is played with pauses! Of course, “Gapless” was included in the player’s menu.

This is my (and not only mine) the only remaining claim to the firmware. I urge you to fix it!

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #1,728 of 2,153
Hi Paul. The song's title and artist are hard to read when they are displayed on a bright cover. The song's title and artist are white and sometimes, they blends so well in a cover that I can't see anything. Could you make the song's info more readable especially when we have an almost-in-white cover? I think one solution is adding a dark background for the texts. Thank you.

Aug 29, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #1,729 of 2,153
Hi Paul. The song's title and artist are hard to read when they are displayed on a bright cover. The song's title and artist are white and sometimes, they blends so well in a cover that I can't see anything. Could you make the song's info more readable especially when we have an almost-in-white cover? I think one solution is adding a dark background for the texts. Thank you.

agree with this one... while the my problem that albums of one artist ( ripped from cd's) merge into one albums doesn't fix yet. thanks paul. .

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,730 of 2,153
I installed the latest firmware and it has the same issue as the previous version which is that all tracks for a certain artist are combined together and just one album is shown per artist rather than several??

I am using apple lossless rips.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #1,731 of 2,153
I installed the latest firmware and it has the same issue as the previous version which is that all tracks for a certain artist are combined together and just one album is shown per artist rather than several??

I am using apple lossless rips.
Have you done a factory reset since updating the firmware? This is the step that most people seem to neglect.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #1,732 of 2,153

The Lurker firmware apparently has some different fonts that are easier to read, you might want to check that out. I will try it one day when im bored lol just to check it out...have not needed to yet though.

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #1,734 of 2,153
Has anyone else had this problem so persistently? My screen stays black and I can't see anything, but the blacklight and the touchscreen itself still works. I've updated the firmware through the factory tool, but the problem still remains. To be honest, I've also forgotten the complete layout of the recovery menu and the options menu, so I can't do a blind reset. I was hoping that it would go away after a few days.

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #1,735 of 2,153
Has anyone else had this problem so persistently? My screen stays black and I can't see anything, but the blacklight and the touchscreen itself still works. I've updated the firmware through the factory tool, but the problem still remains. To be honest, I've also forgotten the complete layout of the recovery menu and the options menu, so I can't do a blind reset. I was hoping that it would go away after a few days.

Sometimes the player freezes and automatically restarts. A few days ago, the music stopped playing and the screen went black, even if I restarted it, the home did not get to boot. What I did was let it charge until the battery is full, and after a few hours I turned it on again but without the micro sd on (at other times it has erased all the data) and again it is operating everything correctly.

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,736 of 2,153
I am looking into this. Have you tried holding the power button and play button at the same time?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 2, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #1,737 of 2,153
Paul, I had an issue which I had to resolve myself. I was able to figure it out thankfully. About 2 months ago you had me send files and we spoke about it. I have not heard back. Did the "engineers" come up with anything yet ?

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #1,738 of 2,153
Sometimes the player freezes and automatically restarts. A few days ago, the music stopped playing and the screen went black, even if I restarted it, the home did not get to boot. What I did was let it charge until the battery is full, and after a few hours I turned it on again but without the micro sd on (at other times it has erased all the data) and again it is operating everything correctly.

I've also had this happen before a few times as well. After it erased everything, I did my first upgrade then had a boot looping issue. If you go back a few pages, you'll see my posts about that too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back