iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Jan 25, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #1,096 of 2,153
Does anyone has problem with songs that have Japanese title? My Japanese songs scatter all over the song list which makes it impossible to find a specific song. No similar problem with the previous DAPs
Do you have this problem with the latest firmware? If you do please contact me at paul@ibasso.com and if you can, send me a few files by WeTransfer to my email address and to service@ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 25, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,097 of 2,153
Hi Paul,

I have found another issue. The stock usb cord does not enter through the cover sotck. I have to remove the cover to connect the usb cord

20830679fd27bfba2b0ca5e5cc4dbc19ab41ab463f923295e4e79544efd71ae8f685645c.jpg

Thank you very much

Finally I never got an answer from ibasso. I tried to solve it myself but the result was disastrous. Does anyone know where I can buy a well-made cover? Did anyone have this same problem?

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1,100 of 2,153
I appear to have a screen fault on my DX120. It looks like a partial line of dead pixels. Changing wallpaper doesn't fix it, Tried factory reset, then updating to 2.3.53 followed by another reset. No joy. You can see the line across the player controls and through the word Advanced.
Looks like I will have to return it for a replacement. Pity because it is otherwise superb and I don't want to be without it.

1.jpg

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,101 of 2,153
Hei sir i want to ask
Can i use type c to rca cable for coax input on my dac with ibasso dx120??
Thx u
Unless you are asking because you already have this cable, the dx120 has a coax output and uses a 3.5mm to rca coax cable to connect to you dac. You can find these cables pretty cheap. Sorry I don't know if the one you're asking about will work or not.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #1,103 of 2,153
I just have published firmware 2.3.53-L0/L1.

By the way, I've tried to use DX200 as a DAC via USB-C-USB-C cable, and it really works :) Currently DX120 does not support native DSD output via USB, only DSD64 as DoP, and higher DSD rates are converted to PCM 32/352.8kHz, but it's a good step forward anyway!

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #1,104 of 2,153
with the new firmware, should we be able to plug the dx120 directly into a dac with a usb-c to usb-b cable? It isn't working running directly into the two dacs I have, although it does work running it into my gustard u12 usb interface.

Edit- now I see it added USB OTG, which means from a smart phone. You still can't run it into a DAC. I do think it's interesting that it works into a USB interface, and I wonder if using an interface with a usb output would allow you to send usb audio out from the dx120 -->usb interface-->usb dac?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,106 of 2,153
You still can't run it into a DAC
You can. As I understand, any USB DAC compatible with Android devices should work. Try to connect your cable to a turned on DAC, and only then attach it to DX120. Or, try microUSB OTG cable via microUSB-Type-C adapter. In general, USB chip in DX120 shall be in host (OTG) mode.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,107 of 2,153
You can. As I understand, any USB DAC compatible with Android devices should work. Try to connect your cable to a turned on DAC, and only then attach it to DX120. Or, try microUSB OTG cable via microUSB-Type-C adapter. In general, USB chip in DX120 shall be in host (OTG) mode.
I'm not sure I understand, I'm trying to send digital audio out of the dx120 via the usb-c cable to the input of a DAC with a USB-B input, and it does not work. I tried with the USB-B side plugged into the DAC first - doesn't work. This new USB OTG function enabled by the firmware is to use the DX120 as a DAC/amp for a smart phone sending digital audio out of the phone and into the USB-C jack of the dx120, then using the line out or headphone out of the dx120.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #1,108 of 2,153
Finally I never got an answer from ibasso. I tried to solve it myself but the result was disastrous. Does anyone know where I can buy a well-made cover? Did anyone have this same problem?

Use it without the case, or get a Miter case might both be good solutions :)

I prefer not using the silicone case, either the touch of leather from Miter, or the smooth surface of the DAP feels much better :)

Hei sir i want to ask
Can i use type c to rca cable for coax input on my dac with ibasso dx120??
Thx u

As far as I know, you can't, but you have that Coax adapter in the package, should be shorter and simpler to use anyways :)

I appear to have a screen fault on my DX120. It looks like a partial line of dead pixels. Changing wallpaper doesn't fix it, Tried factory reset, then updating to 2.3.53 followed by another reset. No joy. You can see the line across the player controls and through the word Advanced.
Looks like I will have to return it for a replacement. Pity because it is otherwise superb and I don't want to be without it.

That can happen to anything, don't be discouraged! :)

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #1,109 of 2,153
This new USB OTG function enabled by the firmware is to use the DX120 as a DAC/amp for a smart phone
The "USB DAC" button in the Settings is not new: it was there initially, and in all previous iBasso DAPs. This puts DX120 to the device, not host (OTG) mode: DX120 is charged from the host which sends digital signal.

The new function is to connect DX120 to an external USB DAC, to output digital signal to the external DAC. This does not require any settings, but it requires DX120 Type-C side to sense that it is in OTG mode: DX120 charges the connected device (DAC). In this role, DX120 works as an Android smartphone with external DAC connected. It will not work if Type-C connector of DX120 does not sense its OTG/host mode.

The new function also require some seconds to recognize an external DAC attached, and then to start playback. It may not switch between outputs (Internal or external DAC) during playback.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #1,110 of 2,153
This puts DX120 to the device, not host (OTG) mode: DX120 is charged from the host which sends digital signal.

That's the biggest concern keeping (aside from money) me from purchasing the DX120. Is this something that can be solved via firmware update to have a DAC w/o charge in addition to DAC w/charge? Or is this going to be an issue solved by a specific OTG cable that has a missing power pin? Or is it a SOL issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back