iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Dec 18, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,022 of 2,153
tried to upgrade purist rom but got all sorts of errors: " cant find uboot, cant find trust.img, cant find recovery" etc.. i copyd img.update file to sdcard thats in slot 2, rebooted player it shows fidelizer logo and it works. this sound right ?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #1,023 of 2,153
Hi, i had the same problem everytime i tried, in the end it was suggested that:

1. flash with stock
2. reset to factory
3. flash with fidelizer
4. reset to factory

this works but i still find Lurker works without issues so have reverted to that.

d

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #1,024 of 2,153
i still find Lurker works without issues
Thank you! There are >700 direct downloads of 2.2.42-Lx, but almost no feedbacks. I believe that no complaints means no problems, but it is always pleasure to have a positive feedback :)

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #1,025 of 2,153
Hi,

I notice that even with the very latest FW 2.2.42 installed at least 2 people on this forum are still getting 'crackling' noises on line out when changing tracks. Is anybody else having this issue? I don't know if iBasso are also still active on this forum but it would be nice to know when this will be resolved.

Hi everyone.

I have same problem with FW 2.1.20, FW 2.2.42, and with FW 2.2.42 Mod by Lurker0
:frowning2:
It happens with most tracks, but not with all.

I have:
Player (DX120) - Amplifier (Beyer A20). Headphones (DT1990Pro).

I have tried, to be discarding:
- Another cable (jack 3.5mm to double rca), from the player to the amplifier. It keeps happening.
- Another headset connected to the ampli: It keeps happening.
- Another player connected to the same cable and to the same ampli. Does not occur.
- Headset directly to the headphone output: It does not happen.
- Handset directly to the line output: Yes it happens.

Undoubtedly, it is the problem of line output.
Hopefully, solutions with future FW.

PS:
For everything else, the FW of Lurker works nice.

PD2:
Maybe I say a silly thing. But the crackling noise only happens when you pause or change tracks while the song is playing, that is, if you do it when it is ending, that there is silence, nothing happens.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,026 of 2,153
Hello and good day!

Just wanted to ask before I purchase the dx120. I have a big music library, about 400 gigs, so being able to search for artists alphabetically is a must. Either that or just a fast scrolling function through artists. Are either of those things available in this player?

Thank you

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #1,027 of 2,153
Thank you! There are >700 direct downloads of 2.2.42-Lx, but almost no feedbacks. I believe that no complaints means no problems, but it is always pleasure to have a positive feedback :)

Actually, i am using the earlier lurker firmware (previous firmware version) as i found that 2.2.42 had an issue for me, the contents of artist/album folder did not immediately display and i had to tap on the screen before they appeared which was irritating so i reverted to the previous version which does not have this issue.

It happens with both stock and lurker firmware and may only be an issue for me.

d

Dec 21, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,028 of 2,153
Hello and good day!

Just wanted to ask before I purchase the dx120. I have a big music library, about 400 gigs, so being able to search for artists alphabetically is a must. Either that or just a fast scrolling function through artists. Are either of those things available in this player?

Thank you
I don't think you can search for artist, but they are in alphabetical order and the fast scrolling works pretty well.

Dec 21, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,029 of 2,153
Actually, i am using the earlier lurker firmware (previous firmware version) as i found that 2.2.42 had an issue for me, the contents of artist/album folder did not immediately display and i had to tap on the screen before they appeared which was irritating so i reverted to the previous version which does not have this issue.

It happens with both stock and lurker firmware and may only be an issue for me.

d
I had the same issue with 2.2.42, and now I'm using the earlier version

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #1,034 of 2,153
My review DX120

1545458338906738.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back