iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Dec 22, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,040 of 2,153
Do I need to put my music files in the ".audio_data" folder? I have put them on the cards in a separate folder right now...
The audio_data folder is created when you first scan your card and updated automatically whenever you re-scan your sd card(s). Just re-scan whenever you add new music files to your card.

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1,041 of 2,153
Has anyone listen rock and blues music with this Dap and Meze 99 Classic? Are they a good combo? I will use the balanced output

Thanks!!

Yes, the combo is quite good, DX120 has good control an depth with 99C. I would still use my EQ for getting the best out of the Mezes...

Do I need to put my music files in the ".audio_data" folder? I have put them on the cards in a separate folder right now...

AFAIK, no, you don't need to place your music files in there :)

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,045 of 2,153
Does anyone know if can drive perfectly one Sennheiser HD650 without amp? Sound is full?
I haven't tried driving headphones personally, but the output on the balanced socket is very powerful! I can only have the volume at 30-40% max on high gain even with demanding IEM's :)

Dec 28, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #1,047 of 2,153
@Paul - iBasso

Hello Paul,

after a long back and forth and comparison with other players like the Shanling M3s / M5s, etc., I bought the iBasso DX120 and I'm absolutely happy with it.

Only a few subtleties bother me and so I wanted to ask if that would be eliminated with a future firmware customization.

a. Would it be possible to implement Genre / Album sorting under Genre?
b. Would it be possible to change the font size and font manually?
c. Would an additional composer / album sorting be possible?
d. Would a search function be feasible with a corresponding keyboard?
It is possible! - e. Would it be possible to select your own backgrounds?
f. Would it be possible to change the color scheme in black and white, for example?
g. Under iTunes there is also the option of displaying classical pieces of music by plant and work number. Would it be possible for this information to be displayed on the DX120?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,050 of 2,153
I know. You can choose 3 backgrounds. I meant more if you can copy images on the microSD card and use it.

You can. You make a wallpaper folder on your SD card. It has to be a small "w" so you are better to make the folder on your PC and then copy it to the card when you have finished. You can include 9 wallpapers. 480 x 800 size. Then on your device you will see the original 3 plus those.

Have you downloaded the PDF manual?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back