iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Aug 14, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #1,681 of 2,153
Yeah so when you select music via album or artists it fills out the "now playing" menu and everything is fine. However, the minute you select music with the folder/directory menus that last selection is stuck in the now playing menu...unless you use the directory again. If you try to use album or artists menus it will only play one track and won't replace what you originally had in the now playing menu from the last directory/folder selection. It's hard to explain lol But does this sum it up?

on some track it sounds like it fast forwarded, the time laps moving three times faster ( like an old cassette player when you fast forward them ). another case play a tracks through artist it just stop at 1 song, it wont play the next showing 2/1 when it should be 2/14 or so. another case it won't show up all the tracks when i search it through artis menus, but it looks normal on directory menus. another problem is an artis have like 3 album but the album merge in 1 thumb, the whole song just in it. another problem is when first start i played artists A after it i played an artist B, but after 1 song of artist B it automatically change to play next song at artist A.
i think it just about i can remember.
the good thing is the gap less works & the shuffle mode wont change after it turn off.

Aug 14, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #1,682 of 2,153
Yeah so when you select music via album or artists it fills out the "now playing" menu and everything is fine. However, the minute you select music with the folder/directory menus that last selection is stuck in the now playing menu...unless you use the directory again. If you try to use album or artists menus it will only play one track and won't replace what you originally had in the now playing menu from the last directory/folder selection. It's hard to explain lol But does this sum it up?

I didn't notice any weirdness with now playing screen but unless I specifically chose an album through "album" it would not play it all the way through. Would jump to song 2 on the second blue oyster cult after the first song on the 1st BoC album. Not sure what "mode" it though it was in... Ordered shuffle or something.

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #1,683 of 2,153
I didn't notice any weirdness with now playing screen but unless I specifically chose an album through "album" it would not play it all the way through. Would jump to song 2 on the second blue oyster cult after the first song on the 1st BoC album. Not sure what "mode" it though it was in... Ordered shuffle or something.

The now playing menu changes when you select a song from a different folder or album. It will load the whole folder or album into the now playing screen...its how the player decides what to play next. It's like a dynamic playlist and think the problem/s stem from this. When a song is selected from anything other than the folder directory it will not replace the now playing menu playlist

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #1,685 of 2,153
Hi,
yesterday i bought iBasso DX120. I have two issues:
1. I cannot use DX120 as DAC. My PC sysyem is Win10 (x64). I downloaded and installed driver from iBasso.com but my device is still unrecognized in control panel. I tried to uninstall and install again, try to change usb port (two 2.0 and one 3.0) but nothing helps.
How to fix this issue?
2. With some albums on my sd cards i have problem with switching to the next song. Sometimes it works but sometimes instead of switching to the next song, it turns on the first song of the previously listened artist.

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #1,686 of 2,153
Hi,
yesterday i bought iBasso DX120. I have two issues:
1. I cannot use DX120 as DAC. My PC sysyem is Win10 (x64). I downloaded and installed driver from iBasso.com but my device is still unrecognized in control panel. I tried to uninstall and install again, try to change usb port (two 2.0 and one 3.0) but nothing helps.
How to fix this issue?
2. With some albums on my sd cards i have problem with switching to the next song. Sometimes it works but sometimes instead of switching to the next song, it turns on the first song of the previously listened artist.
Did you select DAC mode on the player? It has 3 options for USB connection: USB reader, Charge only and USB DAC (IIRC).

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #1,687 of 2,153
Did you select DAC mode on the player? It has 3 options for USB connection: USB reader, Charge only and USB DAC (IIRC).
Buddy, please :) of course i did it.

OK, problem with DAC is solved. USB-C cable from iBasso doesn't work. I tried other USB-C cable from smartphone and everything works.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,690 of 2,153
Has anyone installed fidelizer firmware on the dx120 and if so how did they do so?
Please note that the previous answer was the first and the only activity of its author.

Aug 18, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #1,692 of 2,153
DX120FW2.7.105

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Rectified the bug that when selecting a song from the Artist view, it would not update the Now Playing.
2. Added current playing indicator to the Directory view.

Instruction For Firmware update:
1. Extract the zip file and copy the update.img onto a micro SD card root folder.
2. Insert the micro SD card into the SD card slot 2. Make sure there is no Micro SD card placed in slot 1.
3. Select Settings-Advanced-System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is detected).
4. Click OK to start the firmware update.
5. The DX120 will reboot after the firmware update is completed.
6. Select Settings-Advanced-Factory Reset to reset the DX120. This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware.
7. Delete the update.img from the micro SD card.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #1,695 of 2,153
DX120FW2.7.105

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Rectified the bug that when selecting a song from the Artist view, it would not update the Now Playing.
2. Added current playing indicator to the Directory view.

Instruction For Firmware update:
1. Extract the zip file and copy the update.img onto a micro SD card root folder.
2. Insert the micro SD card into the SD card slot 2. Make sure there is no Micro SD card placed in slot 1.
3. Select Settings-Advanced-System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is detected).
4. Click OK to start the firmware update.
5. The DX120 will reboot after the firmware update is completed.
6. Select Settings-Advanced-Factory Reset to reset the DX120. This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware.
7. Delete the update.img from the micro SD card.

so any complain with this latest FW mate ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back