iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Dec 28, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,051 of 2,153
I wish the photo was better but this is a wallpaper that I like. Pictured running my Nighthawks with a balanced cable. It really looks much better than that. I have not yet figured out how to do good screenshots.

10201598.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,052 of 2,153
You can. You make a wallpaper folder on your SD card. It has to be a small "w" so you are better to make the folder on your PC and then copy it to the card when you have finished. You can include 9 wallpapers. 480 x 800 size. Then on your device you will see the original 3 plus those.

Have you downloaded the PDF manual?

Great! Works! I had not read the manual yet. I just downloaded it and it's in there. So the point is done :)

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,053 of 2,153
Everyone have a great and safe New Year! And remember, Enjoy the Music no matter what you are listening with!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #1,056 of 2,153
Last night I started to listen to an album which I accessed through the "genre" option, strangely it only played the first track and then stopped playback.

Yeah I noticed the exact same thing and didn’t report it yet

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #1,057 of 2,153
Quick question as I have never used the coaxial before, I plugged it into my newly acquired iDSD Micro BL via the iBasso coaxial cable and I only get sound in the left channel... puzzling as the iDSD works fine otherwise. Ideas ?

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #1,059 of 2,153
I have used coaxial in the past with my old Fiio X5 and am now using it with the iBasso, it works just fine, I do not use the included coaxial cable, I had one already, but I don't think that would be your problem....have you plugged it in deep enough?

Yeah I checked that first, not the issue, maybe the cable was bent at some point and it’s to fault... hope nothing is wrong with the iDSD micro BL DAC, the amp is fine. Waiting on the iFi audio OTG cable as I miss the right cable to check usb connection. I’ll check with my computer.

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #1,060 of 2,153
Any of you experience this issue I have.

When I select Directory > SD card 1 > Any folder > Song

I can play the song however other files in the folder doesn't load as "next song" When I click next it just repeat the song.

However when I select SD card 2 > any folder > song

It load the other songs so I can press next, shuffle etc

Happens only in SD card 1.

Any thoughts?

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #1,061 of 2,153
Ok nevermind. Solved the problem by doing a factory reset. Then scanning SD card per SD card. I don't know which one did it but I got it to work so horay.

Any of you experience this issue I have.

When I select Directory > SD card 1 > Any folder > Song

I can play the song however other files in the folder doesn't load as "next song" When I click next it just repeat the song.

However when I select SD card 2 > any folder > song

It load the other songs so I can press next, shuffle etc

Happens only in SD card 1.

Any thoughts?

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #1,062 of 2,153
Does anyone use the DX120 as a DAC for a smartphone?

For those that do, does your phone try to charge the DX120 or vice versa?

If that happens, how did you solve it?

I'm using it as a dac for my iPhone. The camera usb connector kit with it's own separate lightning to usb power input does not work for me. It does work with the usb connector that doesn't have its own power input, but then it uses power from my phone to charge the dx120 like you described. It drains the phone battery relatively fast. I'd love to hear a solution.

Jan 4, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #1,064 of 2,153
Do you think this device is too big / heavy to sit inside some gym shorts while I work out?
It depends upon your shorts. The DX120 is light and very easy to carry. The size in my opinion for a small DAP is just right and the sound is extremely good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back