iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #12,361 of 13,503

Yes, in spite of it's downsides, it is an excellent player; I wholeheartedly agree.

I think it deserves more credit than it gets, considering that it has 'held it's own' for nearly 2 years, against many other DAPs - even many that are being seperately amped do not substantially surpass the DX100's single-box SQ.  That's really very impressive.

quite agree, despite having some obvious areas for improvement (battery life and storage) nothing on the horizon looks like it's going to be substantially better as a one box solution for me...

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #12,363 of 13,503
Jan 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #12,364 of 13,503
It is, if you know how to. I've bought batteries from iBasso before.

Phew. Luckily my battery works just fine, but it is good to know that it is possible to replace it. 
smile.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #12,365 of 13,503
  Isn't the battery replaceable?

It is only "replaceable" for certain people. 
Luckily I have a working bench that I used to construct my small DIY projects. For most of people, the best bet is to send it back and ask for ibasso to replace it for you. 

I am pretty sure they are not free~

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #12,366 of 13,503

It is only "replaceable" for certain people. 
Luckily I have a working bench that I used to construct my small DIY projects. For most of people, the best bet is to send it back and ask for ibasso to replace it for you. 

I am pretty sure they are not free~

Well, for now i have no worries. My battery is working just fine and i stille get around 6-7 hours of use out of it. 
smile.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #12,368 of 13,503
  I'm thinking I'll need a battery replacement in the near future.  I'm down to barely 5 hrs play time with very minimal screen interaction. I'm thinking I'll probably go the send-it-to-ibasso route, though I'm a little concerned with shipping to China.

Well, if you end up deciding to do it yourself, I suggest you consider ordering not just a battery but also a spare back cover, because it may get scratched or dented when being removed for the battery swap.

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #12,369 of 13,503
I really wish I can get better batteries from other venders. I am look for the one those HDP-R10 has. Or something even higher quality. I mean, if I double the mAh, it will make it last longer right?

Now I just need to look hard for something that fit..

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #12,370 of 13,503
  I really wish I can get better batteries from other venders. I am look for the one those HDP-R10 has. Or something even higher quality. I mean, if I double the mAh, it will make it last longer right?

Now I just need to look hard for something that fit..

Remember it may be difficult to get a battery shipped to you, what with the global clamp-down on shipping LiPo packs.

Not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just saying bear it in mind, because it really rained on my parade when I looked for a battery (for a different device) a month ago. In the end, I actually gave up! (UK)

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #12,371 of 13,503
  Remember it may be difficult to get a battery shipped to you, what with the global clamp-down on shipping LiPo packs.

Not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just saying bear it in mind, because it really rained on my parade when I looked for a battery (for a different device) a month ago. In the end, I actually gave up! (UK)

So how are people getting batteries now? What about phones shipped with batteries intact or permanent battery placement? 

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #12,372 of 13,503

Ibasso shipped me a battery for my dx100 about 2 months ago. Cost £15 iirc and it took a couple of weeks . No hassles at all (to London area)

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #12,373 of 13,503
Actually I've sent my DX100 through Jaben a week ago to replace the battery for me and I'm waiting for my DX100 back once it is fixed. Beside, the power charging port (on the DX100 side) seems get out of position and it always looks like a bad contact charging and I only get 2 hours battery life. lol

So in the mean time, I just got the DX50 and couldn't deny that the smaller soundstage, imaging and separation as well as the carity is a par below the DX100. And the DX50's vocal sounds like a year or two ageing older than DX100, especially the female one. Hoping my on order TTVJ Glacier could help it a bit.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #12,374 of 13,503
Ibasso shipped me a battery for my dx100 about 2 months ago. Cost £15 iirc and it took a couple of weeks . No hassles at all (to London area)

I guess you got lucky and it slipped under the radar.

I don't wanna make a big deal about it or anything - but if you just read Royal Mails new shipping regulations, I promise you you will see LiPo packs on the disallowed list (I think it's allowed if it's within a device with which it is being shipped, but just not a battery pack on its own)

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #12,375 of 13,503
  So how are people getting batteries now? What about phones shipped with batteries intact or permanent battery placement? 

Maybe it depends on what country you're in, but in the UK, things have tightened considerably (assuming they actually stop your parcel on the way through customs, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back