iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #12,376 of 13,503
I received new battery's from ibasso a few months ago, they told me it wasn't easy to ship them since couriers didn't want to accept them, but I got them all the same. I guess that was the hard part, changing the battery was really easy, and I'm no expert. The instructions provided by ibasso are perfectly clear, i would only change that after removing the screws, you can just pull from the cover to prevent any denting, if it doesn't come out you should use any little piece of plastic or wood or any material that is softer than the cover.
Also I had to look for the T5 screwdriver, but hsving one, I think anyone can do it. I certainly would prefer to try rather than sending it back.

I just reveived my new DT990's and FA-011's
biggrin.gif
Burning them in now. I was surprised by how little clamp force the beyers produce!

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #12,377 of 13,503

I guess you got lucky and it slipped under the radar.

I don't wanna make a big deal about it or anything - but if you just read Royal Mails new shipping regulations, I promise you you will see LiPo packs on the disallowed list (I think it's allowed if it's within a device with which it is being shipped, but just not a battery pack on its own)

Wait, isn't this going the opposite direction!? In 2012, UPU & ICAO had an agreed ruling to allow lithium of a certain size. Now US started accepting since Nov 15th 2012, and Japan on Jan 1st 2013 and I understand it some other global postal organisations have been slow to adopt the new ruling on accepting from customers (Aust & Hong Kong) but do receive packages containing lithium from corresponding international postal services.

Here's what I know so far :-
1) in Japan only certain post offices are "trained" to accept packages with lithium based on certain prerequisites (ratio of battery capacity vs size of object, inside or outside of the object, etc.)
2) in Japan's lithium-friendly post offices will only accept the package if it can to a selected  list of countries who will receive lithium batteries (so far Aust, HK, Germany, UK, Israel, US are ok) 
3) some of those countries that will receive packages with Lithium from Japan Post will not receive packages from sending customers in their country (Aust, HK, and looks like UK too)
4) although in Feb 2013 ICAO reversed their lithium ruling, it was specific to cargo in passenger aircraft (well poor pilots of cargo aircraft!)

So whilst Royal Mail may not accept to be the proxy sender of packages with lithium, at least Japan Post seems to think that they're happy to be a proxy receiver of packages with lithium.

Back to the iBasso and lithium, the issues I've seen iBasso had, had more to do with China post refusing to send for them (or should I say that the batteries they were supposed to send to me boomeranged back the iBasso office).

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #12,378 of 13,503
Looks like it might be time for me to order a battery as a spare before the clamp downs get any worse...what is the deal with sending batteries anyway?

I've had my DX100 for a couple of years now and still love it above all others. Its bit battered, but still going strong.

I've just sold my DX50 as the sound just wasn't up to what I am used to with the DX100. I only ever use my CIEMs with my DX100, so don't need an amp and anyway, adding on an amp is not an option for me.
I want just one box for on the move and in the office.

Although, I have found myself lurking in the DX90 thread....will this be the device that finally consigns my DX100 to desktop duties at home?? I wonder 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #12,379 of 13,503
  Looks like it might be time for me to order a battery as a spare before the clamp downs get any worse...what is the deal with sending batteries anyway?

They're potentially expl0s1ve.

.... I have found myself lurking in the DX90 thread....will this be the device that finally consigns my DX100 to desktop duties at home?? I wonder 
rolleyes.gif

You're not the only one wondering that! 
ph34r.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #12,380 of 13,503

They're potentially expl0s1ve.

.... and yet they allow the batteries if they are in mobile phones and other devices....makes little sense to me 
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #12,381 of 13,503

.... and yet they allow the batteries if they are in mobile phones and other devices....makes little sense to me 
confused.gif

Yeah, I think if they had their way, they'd ban every battery, but they are struggling to find a workable compromise, because, as you noted, they can't really ban the free trade of electronics devices.

Do you know you're not even allowed to ship printer cartridges to/from some countries, now, because of the one instance (reported in the media) of an expl0s1ve device being disguised in an air freight consignment, as printer cartridges?

It is a tricky situation, there's no denying that.  But it is a b1tch not being able to freely ship LiPo batteries...

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #12,382 of 13,503

I've had my DX100 for a couple of years now and still love it above all others. Its bit battered, but still going strong.

I've just sold my DX50 as the sound just wasn't up to what I am used to with the DX100. I only ever use my CIEMs with my DX100, so don't need an amp and anyway, adding on an amp is not an option for me.
I want just one box for on the move and in the office.

Although, I have found myself lurking in the DX90 thread....will this be the device that finally consigns my DX100 to desktop duties at home?? I wonder 
rolleyes.gif

Could be, a desktop and on the go. 

I know what you mean. My DX100 has many battle scars but holds up like a tank. Never a problem. I have replaced the battery, which isn't hard and the sound is still and most likely, will be one of the top players for a long time. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #12,383 of 13,503
Yay! My DX100 is back home again and working. Ibasso also gave me 2 free screen protectors. I am a little pissed at DHL though. I was home all day today yet the tracking says "recipient not home", They clearly never came to my house as they never left one of those stupid slips. So I gave them a call and they said I could go pick it up right before closing. Which would have been fine but its super icy around here today, and it was 25min without extreme conditions. So it was quite an irritating experience with DHL. I will never use them if I have a choice.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #12,384 of 13,503
Sorry, but stupid question:   With the new hight pushed by iRiver with their AK240, are there any rumors floating around about an iBasso DX200  (or whatever it is called) ? 

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #12,386 of 13,503
  I doubt it. Ibasso is a small company I see it hard for them to release 2 daps at the same time as they are working on the DX90 right now. 

I agree, but I do find, that a successor to the DX100, as Ibasso's next DAP release (after DX90) is not neccesary unrealistic.

Of course I wouldn't know, but theres always hope. If they deside to do so, i hope it will have at least 128GB of internal storage and a balanced HO, along with all the features that is allready present in the DX100.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #12,387 of 13,503
  Sorry, but stupid question:   With the new hight pushed by iRiver with their AK240, are there any rumors floating around about an iBasso DX200  (or whatever it is called) ? 

A dap after the DX90 will be some time off. I don't think the AK240 is going to drive anyone, well maybe a few but reports are that there is already a dap on the market that is better. Also, it isn't always about having the very best but something that is very good even exceptional, and yet, shall we say, affordable. I don't think the AK240 will take the market by storm unless some of us start working two jobs to support this hobby. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #12,390 of 13,503
For what it is worth I emailed iBasso after the announcement of the DX90 about a DX100 successor and their response was that there was not one or plans for one at that point in time.

frown.gif

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back