iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #6,331 of 13,503
Anybody having a working poweramp with the new firmware?

No luck here. Had to reset to factory settings because music player would not work.
Now it works, but Poweramp keeps crashing (I reinstalled a new copy pl
us unlocker).

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #6,333 of 13,503
Still can't get poweramp to work.  Thankfully I mostly use the main player or I'd be extra ticked.  If it didn't sound good, this thing would be worthless.  UI is like something from 1992.  This thing would be much better at a lower cost with buttons and no touchscreen.  iBasso needs some help in the software department.  

I believe Poweramp assigns the unlock app to a specific player which it recognizes by the firmware. You can very likely get a replacement unlocker app from Poweramp by showing your proof of purchase and install it to your updated DX100.

You may just need to simply re-download the unlock app from Google Play, as it remembers all downloaded apps. That is what I did after the first update. It then again worked fine for me. Since then, I have not found found Poweramp to offer any significant improvements over the stock player, which IMO has gotten progressively better with the additional updates so I uninstalled it.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #6,334 of 13,503
Quote:
I believe Poweramp assigns the unlock app to a specific player which it recognizes by the firmware. You can very likely get a replacement unlocker app from Poweramp by showing your proof of purchase and install it to your updated DX100.
You may just need to simply re-download the unlock app from Google Play, as it remembers all downloaded apps. That is what I did after the first update. It then again worked fine for me. Since then, I have not found found Poweramp to offer any significant improvements over the stock player, which IMO has gotten progressively better with the additional updates so I uninstalled it.

This is what I did on the last update and it worked fine.  For some reason it will not allow me to do it this time.  Everything else seems to be working fine though.  I guess if I can't have poweramp it's not a big loss.  Just frustrating trying to figure it out.  Thanks for the response and I'll keep trying.   

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #6,335 of 13,503
Been using the new firmware for half a day, no problems until now. It's not recognizing any of the music on my SD cards, and it's only showing about 20% of my music on my internal drive. I'm hoping that a few more reboots and patience will take care of this. Otherwise, I might have to rollback to 1.1.

I did notice that the gapless is a bit smoother now--that glitch sound after a new track comes in appears to be gone, though it still doesn't fade in the new track as smoothly as I'd like. 

Still doesn't recognize any of my Flac artwork.

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #6,336 of 13,503
The new fw will not work on my device. Updated fw and no music was visible under all music, did a factory reset flashed back to 1.1.0 copied all my music back over and reflashed to 1.1.6 still the same issue, I can see music if I explore to directory, internal memory but If I try to play from there it crashes (particle.media)

Back to old firmware for me, really disappointed about this, not only because of the features or fixes I may be missing out on but the fact that the software on this (expensive) device is so flakey, come on ibasso this is unacceptable at this end of the market.

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #6,337 of 13,503
I was thinking to buy this Ibasso DX100 but I think it is just absurd to create a hi rez player with a memory so SMALL ! It is just a joke.

I far prefere my archos 500 GB playing my flacs files (44/16) with a good cd quality, I can travel with all my favorite records in cd quality. And I payed only under 200$ for it ! 

So when they'll put a 512 gb SSD in a player, it will be just what I need. But ibasso DX100 is just a ridiculous another hi rez player again, a bit less than other hifi man (16 gb hahahaha so funny) or other players with so small memory and all need to be extended with sd card...

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #6,338 of 13,503
Case #1 FAIL (without microSD card)

1) With microSD ejected.
2) Downgraded to 1.1.0
3) All internal music OK
4) inserted microSD OK
5) Eject microSD card.
6) Upgrade 1.1.6
7) All internal music OK
8) insert microSD RESTARTING

Case #2 PARTIAL SUCCESS (downgrade/upgrade with microSD card inserted)
1) microSD card left inserted the whole time
2) Downgraded to 1.1.0
3) All internal/external music OK
4) Upgraded to 1.1.6
5) All internal/external music OK
6) Eject microSD card
7) Add new tracks to microSD card
8) Insert microSD card RESTARTING
9) Reboot (whist microSD card inserted) RESTARTING
[In other words, if I want to use 1.1.6 & I want to add new songs to my microSD, I have to downgrade to 1.1.0 & upgrade to 1.1.6 with the microSD every time I add new albums]

@Turorocks & @Currawong, now that you've got 1.1.6 seeing all your music internal and external, could you please try ejecting your microSD card, add another album, then insert the microSD card into the DX100 and see if it will pick up the new album or will the MediaScannerService hang at "RESTARTING..."?

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #6,339 of 13,503
This would explain what happened to me-it was fine until I added a few tracks to my microSD.

I'll give Case #2 a try to see if it fixes the problem. 

Quote:
Case #1 FAIL (without microSD card)

1) With microSD ejected.
2) Downgraded to 1.1.0
3) All internal music OK
4) inserted microSD OK
5) Eject microSD card.
6) Upgrade 1.1.6
7) All internal music OK
8) insert microSD RESTARTING

Case #2 PARTIAL SUCCESS (downgrade/upgrade with microSD card inserted)
1) microSD card left inserted the whole time
2) Downgraded to 1.1.0
3) All internal/external music OK
4) Upgraded to 1.1.6
5) All internal/external music OK
6) Eject microSD card
7) Add new tracks to microSD card
8) Insert microSD card RESTARTING
9) Reboot (whist microSD card inserted) RESTARTING
[In other words, if I want to use 1.1.6 & I want to add new songs to my microSD, I have to downgrade to 1.1.0 & upgrade to 1.1.6 with the microSD every time I add new albums]

@Turorocks & @Currawong, now that you've got 1.1.6 seeing all your music internal and external, could you please try ejecting your microSD card, add another album, then insert the microSD card into the DX100 and see if it will pick up the new album or will the MediaScannerService hang at "RESTARTING..."?

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #6,340 of 13,503
Quote:
This would explain what happened to me-it was fine until I added a few tracks to my microSD.

I'll give Case #2 a try to see if it fixes the problem. 

I've just done a few more tests and it's a problem adding files to the internal memory too, not just to microSD cards. Right now, this firmware doesn't seem to be able to handle adding new songs after the firmware upgrade. It looks like the MediaScannerService kills the index database and even original songs that used to work with the 1.1.6 becomes unaccessible, not just the new songs added.

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #6,341 of 13,503
Quote:

I've just done a few more tests and it's a problem adding files to the internal memory too, not just to microSD cards. Right now, this firmware doesn't seem to be able to handle adding new songs after the firmware upgrade. It looks like the MediaScannerService kills the index database and even original songs that used to work with the 1.1.6 becomes unaccessible, not just the new songs added.

I'm loading up my 64 GB microSD right now with my new tunes, and preparing to downgrade/upgrade. I really hope IBasso gets a patch fix for this problem soon. 

And maybe this is just a placebo effect, but does anyone notice an improvement in the sound quality from 1.10 to 1.16? It seems as though the bass is fuller and warmer sounding.

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #6,342 of 13,503
No luck...1.16 just doesn't want to recognize more than a fraction of my collection. Going back to 1.10 until they release something more stable. I can live with gapless glitch until then. I've informed IBasso of the major issue with 1.16 with the steps to reproduce the issue. Hopefully they'll get a fix soon.

Quote:

I'm loading up my 64 GB microSD right now with my new tunes, and preparing to downgrade/upgrade. I really hope IBasso gets a patch fix for this problem soon. 

And maybe this is just a placebo effect, but does anyone notice an improvement in the sound quality from 1.10 to 1.16? It seems as though the bass is fuller and warmer sounding.

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #6,343 of 13,503
I have held off doing anything to my updated DX100 (1.1.6) as everything appeared to be working and watching some of the posts here have been scary. However today I went to add more music and mine won't recognise anything I add at all...

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #6,344 of 13,503
Quote:
I have held off doing anything to my updated DX100 (1.1.6) as everything appeared to be working and watching some of the posts here have been scary. However today I went to add more music and mine won't recognise anything I add at all...

Yep, that's what myself and databass were seeing. In fact, it's not just what you recently added that you can't see, but what you could see/play before at the point of the upgrade is also lost.

It's not so much the files themselves are lost but since the indexing daemon messes up the database index, it can't access the songs. I'm particularly curious to see if 3rd party music apps (IF they're compatible to 1.1.6!!) can see & play the music - especially if they do their own database indexing.

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #6,345 of 13,503
Ok.. put 1.1.0 back on and everything is ok again. Notwithstanding the fact you couldn't add music.. I couldn't really tell any difference in that upgrade. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back