iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #6,316 of 13,503
Quote:
Man I have to commend all you guys for your patience. If it was me I'd be screaming bloody murder right now

Early adopters have patience I guess.  But it does sound great now. Oh, I thought so before.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #6,317 of 13,503
Quote:
So I guess hoping for an Ice Cream Sandwich update might be asking too much?

I had an Ice Cream Sandwich last night while updating.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #6,319 of 13,503
Man I have to commend all you guys for your patience. If it was me I'd be screaming bloody murder right now

You're under 40 & not married are ya :wink:?? Jk, jk :D!!

I just happened to be playing tour guide duty with friends from overseas today, so checking back on the DX100 in between break times.

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #6,321 of 13,503
I had the same issue with the new firmware tonight. Reverting and updating again fixed things, so thanks turokrocks for the tip. :)

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #6,323 of 13,503
Interesting. I dropped the latest firmware onto the internal memory, let it go through its thing and it shut down and then I restarted and let it go, about 10 or 15 minutes until the screen was back to normal and all was/is good. 

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #6,324 of 13,503
Do we all have different DX100???
confused_face_2.gif

I updated my firmware same as the last update and everything works fine, now I can go back to playing by folder, which is a huge plus for me. Cover art still doesn't show too well, but I am over that now and am not too bothered.

As a DAP, still sounds as good as ever
L3000.gif
 and even better sourcing a L3.........

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #6,325 of 13,503
Quote:
I had the same issue with the new firmware tonight. Reverting and updating again fixed things, so thanks turokrocks for the tip. :)

Glad it worked for you, I had to waste 6 hours of my sleep time as it was .....bricked!

Anyway , now seems all is well, will have to test it later after I cool down, but I advise you all to be very , very careful with this update, as it has "a mind of its own"!!!

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #6,327 of 13,503
As only the first firmware update came with a readme file, I should again point out that one should not just drop the downloaded .rar file into the DX100 root directory as the .img file first needs to be extracted and this .img file then dropped into the root directory. Disconnect safely from USB and set the DX100 aside until the final reboot has been done. Maybe a total of 5-10 minutes. Everything is automated after disconnecting except for clicking "Yes" when it asks you if you want to update now and requires no further user input.

Just make sure that you are either plugged in to 12v power or that the battery is fully charged. I didn't use external power, but did have a fully charged battery.

Not saying anyone who has experienced difficulty has done this, but I can see how it would be easy to do without having instructions to follow.

All of my files and information was retained after the update.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #6,328 of 13,503
No clue on why the Media service just keep "Restarting" status, with memory size = 0. Rollback to 1.1.0 and everything works again, just need to add back the songs to playlist, and also add back all the cover arts using the Cover Art Downloader 
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #6,329 of 13,503
Update seemed to go OK here.  It was definitely clunky for 15 minutes (error messages and stuck screens).  Afterwords, it now shows the proper length and bitrate for most mp3's.  Maybe someone could check...but it seems all VBR mp3's greater than 224 kbps just cap at 224 now (example....a 275 kbps VBR file will show as a 224 kbps file).

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #6,330 of 13,503
Still can't get poweramp to work.  Thankfully I mostly use the main player or I'd be extra ticked.  If it didn't sound good, this thing would be worthless.  UI is like something from 1992.  This thing would be much better at a lower cost with buttons and no touchscreen.  iBasso needs some help in the software department.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back