iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #6,362 of 13,503
I also live in the UK and bought direct. iBasso posted mine as a Soundcard with $30 value. It arrived quickly with no fees whatsoever.

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #6,363 of 13,503
Hi, did you have to ask them to lable it as that ?...also did it come with UK plug ?

dutycalculator.com is advising VAT at 20% has to be paid on £685.95, no import tax, this was on a usb audio device sub cat multimedia accessories.

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #6,364 of 13,503
They automatically labelled it as a soundcard, without me asking.
In hindsight I should have asked anyway. If you go ahead i'd certainly remind them to do so.
The mains charger comes with a 2 pin cable. A shaver type plug adaptor works nicely.

Jun 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #6,365 of 13,503
Quote:
I suggest to:
1-reset to factory after installing 1.1
2-check that all songs are detected after reset
3-install 1.1.6
4-restart three times
5-do not reset and check files
6-insert sd
7-if this does not work, then reset in 1.1.6
8-see if the files are detected, by either internal and external memory, if not.......
A-get back to 1.1
B-sell your DX100.... But I really have no idea what and how my dx100 is behaving itself...

Turorock's factory default to 1.1.0 then upgrade to 1.1.6 was the only way I know how to have a fully functioning 1.1.6 (i.e. can add new tracks without MediaScannerService hang on Restarting).
i.e. a downgrade to 1.1.0 isn't enough but a factory default (with internal memory formatting, etc) was the only way.

Not really an iBasso issue but SuperOneClick v2.3.3 rooting doesn't appear to be working for me on 1.1.6 at the moment - was fine on 1.1.0. I'm doing this under a Parallels VM session though.

EDIT: Take the rooting comment back. Needed to play around a bit with Win7 drivers and it works now.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #6,366 of 13,503
I am just wondering if the discrepancies between different DX100 and taking on the new firmware has anything to do with how the folders has been set up by different owners.

My DX100 was set up by iBasso before they sent out my unit as I had requested this..........When I go into my main player and press the directory icon(?) top left. It shows on the next level:-

Internal memory and SD Card. When I press Internal Memory, on the next level it shows:-

Internal Memory- Android, DCIM, LOST.DIR, MUSIC, sdcard. In the MUSIC folder it shows all the music on my internal memory....In the sdcard folder it shows all my music files contained on my SD Card.

However, I can also access the music from my SD Card from the previous level of  Internal memory and SD CARD

This is the only reason that I can think of for the reasons of discrepancies among owners................as iBasso cannot be sending out DX100 with different states of usage!

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #6,367 of 13,503
I may have spoken too soon. This morning I was installing some apps & AFAIK I don't think I was playing around with any tracks but now the MediaScannerService Restarting is back. I can't access any of my tracks on my microSD but the ones in internal memory are fine.

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #6,368 of 13,503
So far no problems for me on 1.1.6... But then again, haven't used my DX100 much since updating.

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #6,369 of 13,503
So far no problems for me on 1.1.6... But then again, haven't used my DX100 much since updating.
Try adding songs to your microSD....??

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #6,371 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi, did you have to ask them to lable it as that ?...also did it come with UK plug ?

dutycalculator.com is advising VAT at 20% has to be paid on £685.95, no import tax, this was on a usb audio device sub cat multimedia accessories.

you have to ask iBasso about the customs-form & then tell them the amount you want put on it... UK restrictions on Duty are set at £30 ($50) so anything above that amount you will be hit for VAT, Import Duty & handling fee by whoever is the shipping carrier... if you do it right there will be no import duties.... I emailed iBasso about customs & they are only too happy to help

I have bought two Walkman Z1070's from Japan (only place you can get the Z1070 64gb), on each occasion I have asked seller about customs and have arranged a value of $50 to be put as cost of item (actual value £350 approx each)... both times the WM-Z's have cruised customs with only a nominal fee charged by the Courier... DHL charged me £15 and Fed-Ex charged me £16.50.

Beware if you want to buy one as you'll have to be quick, they tend to sell-out within 24hours of going on sale so check daily with the iBasso site or you'll have to wait another month... ps, tell them what plug you want.

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #6,372 of 13,503
I've had  no problems so far but I'm losing patience with the inability to read Hires flac ID tags properly. Surely it can't be that difficult and I regard it as a basic feature for any player. I have been patient so far but I would have expected a solution by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back