iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #301 of 13,503

Quote:
That particular bug/feature would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I always listen to a full album in correct order. Just imagine listening to a symphony or opera and only being able to get the tracks in random order. Total fail. Also gapless is essential and my biggest gripe with my HM-801

That would be even worse for me than no gapless. I'm sure they will fix it, the question is when. Hifiman have been very slow with software upgrades and still haven't sorted out the gapless issue.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #302 of 13,503
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #303 of 13,503
Quote: Originally Posted by nc8000 That particular bug/feature would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I always listen to a full album in correct order. Just imagine listening to a symphony or opera and only being able to get the tracks in random order. Total fail. Also gapless is essential and my biggest gripe with my HM-801 That would be even worse for me than no gapless. I'm sure they will fix it, the question is when. Hifiman have been very slow with software upgrades and still haven't sorted out the gapless issue.

I don't think HiFiMan is ever going to implement gapless. Fang does not consider gapless important so it's missing by design. If the dx100 will play all my hires flac files in album order with gapless I'm in as soon as ordering reopens

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #304 of 13,503
Gapless already works on HM-801 and HM-601 with the rockbox firmware. Though rockbox port is not yet fully optimized.
Quote:
I don't think HiFiMan is ever going to implement gapless. Fang does not consider gapless important so it's missing by design. If the dx100 will play all my hires flac files in album order with gapless I'm in as soon as ordering reopens

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #305 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't think HiFiMan is ever going to implement gapless. Fang does not consider gapless important so it's missing by design. If the DX100 will play all my hires flac files in album order with gapless I'm in as soon as ordering reopens

Ditto. Gap-less really is important to me. If they fail here, it will have to be iPod + HP-P1.

Actually, if Colorful manages to implement gap-less on the C4 Pro before iBasso does on the DX100, they still have my attention.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #307 of 13,503
Oddly, the DX100 that I was trying today seemed to be playing album tracks in order. I had one crash when I tried switching on upsampling but otherwise the software was smoother than expected.

Teaser pics from a very cool meet:

That's a Colorfly (carbon-fiber skin) with some massive Chinese amp and battery, then H140+iBasso PB2/DB2, then the DX100, then my Classic+CLAS+Stepdance. The DX100 was actually a bit bigger than I expected but put in this context, it's positively diminutive! 

I'll post some impressions and thoughts at some point this weekend. No doubt though, the DX100 is a player in every sense of the word.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #308 of 13,503
Sounds good so far, looking forward to those impressions!

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #311 of 13,503
Quote:

Ditto. Gap-less really is important to me. If they fail here, it will have to be iPod + HP-P1.

Actually, if Colorful manages to implement gap-less on the C4 Pro before iBasso does on the DX100, they still have my attention.

I actually today received a C4 on a loaner tour from the Danish distributor and will be playing with it against my HM-801. Allready I can see that the C4 have a host of problems of it's own. HiFiMan, Colorfly and HiSoundAudio all seem to have som pretty good hardware but the software sucks dead bunnies in each thier own way. Really hope the dx100 will eclpise them all.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #312 of 13,503
I find the playing of songs in reverse order and randomly within an album to be irritating. When accessing the "playing now" list, the player should also go to the location of track being played, rather than top of list. 

I will like to collate a list of bugs / quirks and will appreciate if everyone can send me the bugs encountered and I will send to iBasso for their attention. I am sure the issues will be ironed out but hopefully we can help further by identifying any additional bugs they are not aware of.

Bugs identified
1. Play tracks in reverse order
2. Play tracks within an album randomly even when shuffling is not enabled
3. "Pop" sound when changing tracks
4. Track changed but player still displaying info of previously played track

Feature desired
1. Gapless (if available, how to enable?)
2. In "Playing now" list, player go to location of currently played track rather than top of list

1. Should have option for "Resume Playback" following reboot.
2. Departs Playlist files after playing a couple selections.
3. Make "Play Mode" sticky, showing last selected option following reboot.
4. Eliminate random screen flickers even with display turned off.
5. Enable "Shuffle" to function within selected options, such as Artist, Album, etc rather than defaulting to global shuffle.
6. Mute pop when booting and shutting down.

Reposted to new "Bug" thread.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #313 of 13,503

Quote:
I'm sure they will fix most of the bugs in the upcoming firmware but not so sure regarding my unit lol. May have to send it back in for RMA. Not liking that idea at all... :p

Can you tell me what is the ssn of your unit?  Just don't want to pick that one up from the FS forum by chance :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #314 of 13,503
Jan 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #315 of 13,503

Quote:
I need 64g...for the same price :wink:

I advise any not to get a 64GB other than scandisk, I had multiple failures with other 64GB brands , the only one working flawlessly is the S. just my 2 cents....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back