iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #286 of 13,503

Quote:
I know I have to be patient. But I'm always fussy about this kinda stuff especially when I gotta pay money lol. Guess its a good thing after all we are the lab rats and got the discount due to this :).

The race is over, the rats win.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #287 of 13,503

Quote:
I'm wondering why my device is acting a bit sluggish then. Do you have a lot of music loaded onto your internal drive? I have about 45 GB of FLAC music all loaded via Media monkey and the UI seems to be a bit clunky now... Not as responsive as I'd like and expect. Example when trying to access the playlist menu it will lag sometimes before accessing it.

Time to do a hard reset.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #288 of 13,503

Quote:
The race is over, the rats win.

Do I sense a bit of envy Jalo? :wink:.

Seriously though that Roll Off filter is very useful. Its made my FX700 and Open-back denons very wonderful to listen to on this device. I also manually deleted all the playlists and formatted the device. I'm not sure if the playlist were causing the buggy issues with the UI but things seem a lot better with just using the SD card and accessing through the directory.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #289 of 13,503
Seems like there's a bug in the edit function. I'll just re-post my comments below.

Seriously though that Roll Off filter is very useful. Its made my FX700 and Open-back denons very wonderful to listen to on this device. I also manually deleted all the playlists and formatted the device. I'm not sure if the playlist were causing the buggy issues with the UI but things seem a lot better with just using the SD card and accessing through the directory.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #290 of 13,503
3 days now and I am noticing even more detail and greater decay not analytical but resolving. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #291 of 13,503

Quote:
3 days now and I am noticing even more detail and greater decay not analytical but resolving. 

Do you like this or do you prefer the heartlessly analytical sig? I really am enjoying the versatility of this unit. Its quite customizable to get the best out of your equipment, especially if the pairing is decent to begin with...

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #292 of 13,503

Quote:
Do you like this or do you prefer the heartlessly analytical sig? I really am enjoying the versatility of this unit. Its quite customizable to get the best out of your equipment, especially if the pairing is decent to begin with...

LOL. I normally like an airy room, if that is how the recording was made, with nice decay and a sweetness to the music. Oboe has the right amount of wood and reed (classical). On rock, it is often recorded with junk, not always, but if analytical, then there is just a coldness that takes out the heart of the rock and roll. For jazz, a warmer touch and today I was listening to some jazz with the cymbals that sounded so brassy that it was just about perfect. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #293 of 13,503
I still curious for everyone to fill up their players with a crap load of flac. At least 45 GBs worth and report back on the functionality of this device. The device still seems clunky even when just putting these files on via drag and drop... If I hold the icon down to play a song via the director the music program crashes and restarts back to the start screen. I never had this issue with less songs on here so I don't know what to say. Hopefully ibasso can get these issues fixed unless I have a defective unit?

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #294 of 13,503
While a number of fairly minor but nonetheless irritating bugs have already been mentioned, the following peculiar behavior is particularly annoying to me; the player seems to always play album and playlist contents randomly rather than sequentially. Also, it would be very nice to have a "Resume Playback" option to restart play where it was left when the DX100 is shut down.

Shuffle mode works well globally, but if selecting a particular mode via the "Albums" or Artists sub-menu, shuffle still works globally, exiting the selected mode rather than shuffling only in the selected mode. It seems as if shuffle is always on. Enabling "Shuffle" in the main menu just seems to allow random tunes to be played from random albums when in the "All Music" mode.

Something that I really, really like is the sub-menu that appears when a music file is pressed and held. This sub-menu provides several very useful functions such as adding to playlist, adding to favorites, play and delete.

I agree with John that the sound is maturing with additional play time. I especially notice improvements in imaging and sense of space.

Overall, I think far more is done right with the player firmware than not. In the final analysis, when all is said and done, the quality of the music is what matters most. In this respect, the DX100 certainly excels.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #295 of 13,503

I was also having issues with my music cutting in and out, like the amp is clipping when this is happening and getting major popping on my IEMs. Not sure what the hell this is about but it also seemed to be linked to that random screen flicker I was telling you guys about (even though I had the screen shut off it will flicker on and off randomly). Really starting to wonder if my unit is indeed defective. That would just be common luck in my case...
rolleyes.gif
Just curious when you first drag the circle around the unlock icon on first screen does this lag for you? It seemed to be much more seamless to me when I first got the player but now seems to be very laggy and buggy in comparison. Unless maybe I never paid attention to this before? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I reformatted the device yet again and am reloading the play lists on the device as this seemed to be the only way to get it to work reliably by playing the selected play lists and not jumping to other stupid albums like it generally does. If this keeps up I may have to go for an RMA sadly :frowning2: I'm also gonna remove the screen protector and hope it holds up like you all suggest it will. I'm a bit scarred though lol because even my keyboard has been through some torture with my nails. Even when clipped they are very damaging...
Quote:
While a number of fairly minor but nonetheless irritating bugs have already been mentioned, the following peculiar behavior is particularly annoying to me; the player seems to always play album and play list contents randomly rather than sequentially. Also, it would be very nice to have a "Resume Playback" option to restart play where it was left when the DX100 is shut down.
Shuffle mode works well globally, but if selecting a particular mode via the "Albums" or Artists sub-menu, shuffle still works globally, exiting the selected mode rather than shuffling only in the selected mode. It seems as if shuffle is always on. Enabling "Shuffle" in the main menu just seems to allow random tunes to be played from random albums when in the "All Music" mode.
Something that I really, really like is the sub-menu that appears when a music file is pressed and held. This sub-menu provides several very useful functions such as adding to play list, adding to favorites, play and delete.
I agree with John that the sound is maturing with additional play time. I especially notice improvements in imaging and sense of space.
Overall, I think far more is done right with the player firmware than not. In the final analysis, when all is said and done, the quality of the music is what matters most. In this respect, the DX100 certainly excels.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #296 of 13,503
That particular bug/feature would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I always listen to a full album in correct order. Just imagine listening to a symphony or opera and only being able to get the tracks in random order. Total fail. Also gapless is essential and my biggest gripe with my HM-801

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #297 of 13,503
Just load the album backwards. Seriously, I am sure this will all be fixed. Mine plays an entire album, not random, but from end to start. Well, again, I am sure this will be ironed out so I am not worried. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #298 of 13,503

Quote:
That particular bug/feature would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I always listen to a full album in correct order. Just imagine listening to a symphony or opera and only being able to get the tracks in random order. Total fail. Also gapless is essential and my biggest gripe with my HM-801

I'm sure they will fix most of the bugs in the upcoming firmware but not so sure regarding my unit lol. May have to send it back in for RMA. Not liking that idea at all... :p

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #299 of 13,503
Ditto. I expected better than S:Flo2 esque bugs. That said, I'd expect iBasso to be more pro-active in fixing them than Teclast were.

Quote:

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #300 of 13,503
I find the playing of songs in reverse order and randomly within an album to be irritating. When accessing the "playing now" list, the player should also go to the location of track being played, rather than top of list. 

I will like to collate a list of bugs / quirks and will appreciate if everyone can send me the bugs encountered and I will send to iBasso for their attention. I am sure the issues will be ironed out but hopefully we can help further by identifying any additional bugs they are not aware of.

Bugs identified
1. Play tracks in reverse order
2. Play tracks within an album randomly even when shuffling is not enabled
3. "Pop" sound when changing tracks
4. Track changed but player still displaying info of previously played track

Feature desired
1. Gapless (if available, how to enable?)
2. In "Playing now" list, player go to location of currently played track rather than top of list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back