iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 27, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #316 of 13,503

Quote:

That would be even worse for me than no gapless. I'm sure they will fix it, the question is when. Hifiman have been very slow with software upgrades and still haven't sorted out the gapless issue.

With rockbox the gape-less issue is no more on the 601. It also seems they updated the firmware to fix many of the bugs in the first rockbox release. Battery life is better now at around 7 hours playback time.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #317 of 13,503

Quote:
1. Should have option for "Resume Playback" following reboot.
2. Departs Playlist files after playing a couple selections.
3. Make "Play Mode" sticky, showing last selected option following reboot.
4. Eliminate random screen flickers even with display turned off.
5. Enable "Shuffle" to function within selected options, such as Artist, Album, etc rather than defaulting to global shuffle.
6. Mute pop when booting and shutting down.
Reposted to new "Bug" thread.

7. Fix poping issues when changing between tracks.
8. Eliminate clunkiness (unresponsiveness the UI exhibits at times). If you have a minimalist firmware that would address this I'd be all for it. I just care about the music and battery life.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #318 of 13,503

Quote:

I advise any not to get a 64GB other than scandisk, I had multiple failures with other 64GB brands , the only one working flawlessly is the S. just my 2 cents....

Advised noted and appreciated.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #319 of 13,503

Quote:
Advised noted and appreciated.

I also advise you to wait til the prices are sane on them lol. You can get a 32 GB card now for $30.00 from amazon (or at least I can :wink:. So I don't plan on getting the 64 GB cards until they reach the $60.00 realm.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #320 of 13,503

Quote:
I also advise you to wait til the prices are sane on them lol. You can get a 32 GB card now for $30.00 from amazon (or at least I can :wink:. So I don't plan on getting the 64 GB cards until they reach the $60.00 realm.

Yes, I got a Sandisk 32gb class 4 (which works great) for around 32 dollars shipped. 

I am listening to the 1st of 2 live acoustical recordings and the guitar is rendered very well with nice reverb and lingering of notes. I do get tired to the backwards tracks though. On live stuff it wrecks the mood but I know this will be corrected soon. Otherwise, the sound is a real treat. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #321 of 13,503

Quote:
Yes, I got a Sandisk 32gb class 4 (which works great) for around 32 dollars shipped. 

I am listening to the 1st of 2 live acoustical recordings and the guitar is rendered very well with nice reverb and lingering of notes. I do get tired to the backwards tracks though. On live stuff it wrecks the mood but I know this will be corrected soon. Otherwise, the sound is a real treat. 

If you put them in playlist form you should be able to play a couple of the songs in order but from bottom to top lol. But as you said it glitches and won't play the entire album through it seems and will skip to a random CD (madonna lol). Way to kill the mood...

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #322 of 13,503

Quote:

Quote:
I find the playing of songs in reverse order and randomly within an album to be irritating. When accessing the "playing now" list, the player should also go to the location of track being played, rather than top of list. 

I will like to collate a list of bugs / quirks and will appreciate if everyone can send me the bugs encountered and I will send to iBasso for their attention. I am sure the issues will be ironed out but hopefully we can help further by identifying any additional bugs they are not aware of.

Bugs identified
1. Play tracks in reverse order
2. Play tracks within an album randomly even when shuffling is not enabled
3. "Pop" sound when changing tracks
4. Track changed but player still displaying info of previously played track

Feature desired
1. Gapless (if available, how to enable?)
2. In "Playing now" list, player go to location of currently played track rather than top of list

Quote:
1. Should have option for "Resume Playback" following reboot.
2. Departs Playlist files after playing a couple selections.
3. Make "Play Mode" sticky, showing last selected option following reboot.
4. Eliminate random screen flickers even with display turned off.
5. Enable "Shuffle" to function within selected options, such as Artist, Album, etc rather than defaulting to global shuffle.
6. Mute pop when booting and shutting down.
Reposted to new "Bug" thread.

Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

7. Fix poping issues when changing between tracks.
8. Eliminate clunkiness (unresponsiveness the UI exhibits at times). If you have a minimalist firmware that would address this I'd be all for it. I just care about the music and battery life.

9. automatically list albums in alphabet order
10. Provide genre (rock, classical etc) so you can drag and drop albums into this 
11. give a percentage for battery life

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #323 of 13,503
Thanks again for taking the time to publish your impressions, you are my eyes and ears. Given the fact that there are a number of software bugs and user interface annoyances is Ibasso known for addressing problems and making improvements along the way?

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #324 of 13,503

Quote:
Thanks again for taking the time to publish your impressions, you are my eyes and ears. Given the fact that there are a number of software bugs and user interface annoyances is Ibasso known for addressing problems and making improvements along the way?

iBasso has always been very responsive and I have no doubt they will do a firmware upgrade as soon as they can. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #325 of 13,503

Quote:

I'm positive they will. Otherwise its "Return to Sender" :wink:.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #326 of 13,503
For greed all memory is too little.

Greed has driven the world crazy. And I think I'm lucky that I have a place over here that I can call home.
Nina Simone

Greed has taken the whole universe, and nobody is worried about their soul.
Little Richard

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.
Erich Fromm

Greed is the inventor of injustice as well as the current enforcer.
Julian Casablancas ​

Quote:
I need 64g...for the same price :wink:

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #327 of 13,503
Mischa the fact that we have our DX100s and you deprived yourself of sleep was also in the name of greed :wink:.

Quote:
For greed all memory is too little.

Greed has driven the world crazy. And I think I'm lucky that I have a place over here that I can call home.
Nina Simone

Greed has taken the whole universe, and nobody is worried about their soul.
Little Richard

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.
Erich Fromm

Greed is the inventor of injustice as well as the current enforcer.
Julian Casablancas ​

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #328 of 13,503

Quote:
Teaser pics from a very cool meet:

I'll post some impressions and thoughts at some point this weekend. No doubt though, the DX100 is a player in every sense of the word.

What a great picture...the great contenders of portable high quality audio.  I look forward to your impressions...especially on how the iriver rig and DX100 match up.  Even with a sound quality tie, the DX100 would win with size. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #329 of 13,503

Quote:
What a great picture...the great contenders of portable high quality audio.  I look forward to your impressions...especially on how the iriver rig and DX100 match up.  Even with a sound quality tie, the DX100 would win with size. 

I wouldn't even consider those other rigs portable period lol. Way to big to be carrying around. Now if you are sitting at a desk at work or something then I can see it. But when I think portable I think taking the device with me out and about. Now if the DX100 compares to those other bombs then all these other makers are in big trouble and are gonna really have to raise the bar and lower prices to compete (which is good for us the customers). :)

I'm curious is it bad to leave the DX100 plugged in and continue to listen to the device even though it is fully charged? I figure it would be better than constantly draining and recharging the battery. At least when I'm not mobile.

I must admit the sound is getting more refined and silky fine :wink:.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #330 of 13,503

Quote:
I wouldn't even consider those other rigs portable period lol. Way to big to be carrying around. Now if you are sitting at a desk at work or something then I can see it. But when I think portable I think taking the device with me out and about. Now if the DX100 compares to those other bombs then all these other makers are in big trouble and are gonna really have to raise the bar and lower prices to compete (which is good for us the customers).

My iriver "desktop" rig is very similar to the one pictured and I agree too big to haul around.  However my H160 / D12 combo works fine for my portable applications.  There's no doubt the DX100 can blow this open if the sound quality is on par with those systems and the software issues are resolved.  So far the DX100 seems to have the longest list of identified glitches I've seen for a product that's only been out there for a week. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back