iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 26, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #272 of 13,503

Quote:
Ahem... what about gap-less playback?! The DX100 seems to be the DAP, but if there's no gap-less, I'll pass.

Well ibasso confirmed this TMK so I assume it will be included in an update (I hope so). Also I hope they fix the popping issue when changing tracks. It also seems to skip a small part of the beginnings in songs if not all songs that is. The UI can be clunky at times as well and quite annoying. I'd rather be able to shut off the side view mode but I can't because sometimes I can't use the regular view to shut off the device as when I click on shut off it won't access the icon. This also happens sometimes when selecting a track or a feature on the device. I'll have to turn it sideways to select these troublesome icons. I'd also like for the now playing to show the actual list of songs that I have choosen as opposed to all the songs in the entire DAP listed in one directory. This would make it much easier to switch between songs in certain albums. I'm a control freak when it comes to such things...
rolleyes.gif
And I feel its not unreasonable to expect this from every DAP lol.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #273 of 13,503

Quote:
Well ibasso confirmed this TMK so I assume it will be included in an update (I hope so). Also I hope they fix the popping issue when changing tracks. It also seems to skip a small part of the beginnings in songs if not all songs that is. The UI can be clunky at times as well and quite annoying. I'd rather be able to shut off the side view mode but I can't because sometimes I can't use the regular view to shut off the device as when I click on shut off it won't access the icon. This also happens sometimes when selecting a track or a feature on the device. I'll have to turn it sideways to select these troublesome icons. I'd also like for the now playing to show the actual list of songs that I have choosen as opposed to all the songs in the entire DAP listed in one directory. This would make it much easier to switch between songs in certain albums. I'm a control freak when it comes to such things...
rolleyes.gif
And I feel its not unreasonable to expect this from every DAP lol.

I believe they will address all the issues. It would be good to compile a list and then send it as one email rather than a bunch. Someone could get the concerns together. That is one good thing about this OS and the fact that iBasso can correct issues. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #274 of 13,503
I sure hope so man especially at this price point. I mean its a big step in the right direction when it comes to your run-of-the-mill Chinese DAP (Sflo2 anyone? lol).

I think I can feel at peace putting my Hifiman 601 up for sale now. I can definitely live with the sound I am getting out of the FX700 with the EQ set to flat and the sharp filter set to on.

Edit: Not sure if any of you have tested how long this puppy takes to charge but I was close to draining the battery and plugged it in while listening. Less than an hour later this thing is almost fully charged. That is a big plus compared to the 4 hour charge times they specified...

Another glitch I've noticed is that the screen will flicker on and off at times randomly after the screen has been shut off.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #275 of 13,503

Quote:
I sure hope so man especially at this price point. I mean its a big step in the right direction when it comes to your run-of-the-mill Chinese DAP (Sflo2 anyone? lol).

I think I can feel at peace putting my Hifiman 601 up for sale now. I can definitely live with the sound I am getting out of the FX700 with the EQ set to flat and the sharp filter set to on.

Edit: Not sure if any of you have tested how long this puppy takes to charge but I was close to draining the battery and plugged it in while listening. Less than an hour later this thing is almost fully charged. That is a big plus compared to the 4 hour charge times they specified...

Another glitch I've noticed is that the screen will flicker on and off at times randomly after the screen has been shut off.

I haven't had any screen issue. Yes, I notice the charge time is much less than the 4 hours, which is nice. I have also shut off all programs working in the background, per help from HiFlight, and the battery life is better. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #276 of 13,503

Quote:
I haven't had any screen issue. Yes, I notice the charge time is much less than the 4 hours, which is nice. I have also shut off all programs working in the background, per help from HiFlight, and the battery life is better. 

I'm wondering why my device is acting a bit sluggish then. Do you have a lot of music loaded onto your internal drive? I have about 45 GB of FLAC music all loaded via Media monkey and the UI seems to be a bit clunky now... Not as responsive as I'd like and expect. Example when trying to access the playlist menu it will lag sometimes before accessing it.

BTW are you using some sort of screen protector on your unit? I am afraid of scratching up this screen so I put an iphone4 screen protector on it. Taking it off makes the device a little more smooth but those issues I mentioned earlier are still present...

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #277 of 13,503
Fine, so no gap-less out of the box? This isn't much better than the Colorfly C4 Pro then, if one has to wait for a hypothetical update... OK, the DX100 does do FLAC, has a better DAC, but TBH I don't really need all the Android, WiFi & Bluetooth stuff. I just want a really good sounding music player, that handles gap-less playback, and with good storage capacity.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #278 of 13,503

Quote:
Fine, so no gap-less out of the box? This isn't much better than the Colorfly C4 Pro then, if one has to wait for a hypothetical update... OK, the DX100 does do FLAC, has a better DAC, but TBH I don't really need all the Android, WiFi & Bluetooth stuff. I just want a really good sounding music player, that handles gap-less playback, and with good storage capacity.

Suprisingly the Studio Vs transition is so fast it seems like it is gap-less. That is one big plus on that device. Its main issue though is that is hisses with sensitive IEMs. On my IE80 I can hear hiss on low volume passages but other than that I don't hear hiss on playback at reasonable volume levels and the sound is very good. I'm generally very picky about hiss but the Studio V manages to sound so good that I can live with it :p

The V pairs very well with headphones/IEMs that are a bit darker by nature with bass emphasis.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #279 of 13,503

Quote:
I'm wondering why my device is acting a bit sluggish then. Do you have a lot of music loaded onto your internal drive? I have about 45 GB of FLAC music all loaded via Media monkey and the UI seems to be a bit clunky now... Not as responsive as I'd like and expect. Example when trying to access the playlist menu it will lag sometimes before accessing it.

BTW are you using some sort of screen protector on your unit? I am afraid of scratching up this screen so I put an iphone4 screen protector on it. Taking it off makes the device a little more smooth but those issues I mentioned earlier are still present...

I have most all my music on a 32gb micro SD card right now and it is almost filled and remains fast and the OS works well. The screen is hardened glass so there should be no need for a screen protector as this hardened glass is going to be very hard to scratch, unlike plastic. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #280 of 13,503

Quote:
I have most all my music on a 32gb micro SD card right now and it is almost filled and remains fast and the OS works well. The screen is hardened glass so there should be no need for a screen protector as this hardened glass is going to be very hard to scratch, unlike plastic. 

I wonder if I should give that a shot and put all my files via playlist on my SD cards. But you know if that is the case that really kills the reason for having 64 GBs of on-board storage. I mean if that is they case they should have just sold it with 2 GB of storage and cut the cost by a nice margin if the ram was a potential cost factor here :p. Could you try and fill your device up as I have and see if its still as fast?

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #281 of 13,503

Quote:
I wonder if I should give that a shot and put all my files via playlist on my SD cards. But you know if that is the case that really kills the reason for having 64 GBs of on-board storage. I mean if that is they case they should have just sold it with 2 GB of storage and cut the cost by a nice margin if the ram was a potential cost factor here :p. Could you try and fill your device up as I have and see if its still as fast?

It will have to later but I will load more on the internal memory and see what I get. Remember this is new and there are always blips along the way to work out small bugs. I have never seen a release of an OS that hasn't had this from Apple to Garmin. 

I am using the ESW10 right now and am noticing the 100 is getting a very sweet sound to it, very natural. I am listening to some quartets and love the sound. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #282 of 13,503
I know I have to be patient. But I'm always fussy about this kinda stuff especially when I gotta pay money lol. Guess its a good thing after all we are the lab rats and got the discount due to this :).

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #283 of 13,503

I have about 30gb loaded onto the internal memory and about 8gb on a card, both mixed mp3, flac and ogg. I have noticed no difference in access speed or response time. I to get the same somewhat random playing of files within an album that others have reported. Initially, I had a couple of lockups, but have had none recently. It seems the the lockups mostly happened when using the Homepage player, rather than the one with menu access.

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #284 of 13,503
If iBasso manages to fix the aforementioned issues, I'm back in, but so far, my enthusiasm has been a bit chilled...

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #285 of 13,503

Quote:
I have about 30gb loaded onto the internal memory and about 8gb on a card, both mixed mp3, flac and ogg. I have noticed no difference in access speed or response time. I to get the same somewhat random playing of files within an album that others have reported. Initially, I had a couple of lockups, but have had none recently. It seems the the lockups mostly happened when using the Homepage player, rather than the one with menu access.

I'm wondering if there is an incompatibility issue with some of the tags on my FLAC files then. The Studio V exhibited this issue as well and wouldn't play certain tracks which had multiple FLAC tags embedded in them such as v3.1 and v3.2 in one file.

Edit: Well I just checked over the tags and all appears normal on that side... I'm wondering if having so many playlists are slowing down the UI? Hmm I remember having a similar issue with this on the Sansa Fuze+. Not only due to playlist though but when I put lots of music onto the device and onto the SD card it made the UI access time dead slow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back