Ibasso DB2, does anyone know?
Mar 17, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #16 of 36
I didn't think to ask iBasso, as thus far, only the amplifier sections of their amps/DACs have sockets.   As the DB2 will not have an audio amplifier section, It is my assumption that it will not be rollable, but that is only a WAG.   We will know shortly. 

Quote:
Thanks. Will it be opamp rollable?

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #18 of 36
what do you think about using DB-2 as a dac for meier concerto?
that way i would be able to use it with pb-2 portably and with balanced phones, and with concerto at home and unbalanced

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #19 of 36
I pre-ordered a DB2, dull silver, for the first 10 orders, the funds will be donated to Japan. USD299 plus shipping.

From their site:

We will start shipping the DB2 around April 6th~10th. The picture of the DB2 isnt ready.
Your support is appreciated.

The following are some main features of the DB2
1, Dull WM8740 +CS8416 +TAS1020B
2, -110dB SN and -101dB Crosstalk
3, Separated battery power supplies for Analog section and digital section
4, Balanced line out and 3.5mm line out
5, Takes USB input(up to 24Bit/96K), optical and coaxial inputs (up to 24Bit/192K)
6, Low pass filter rollable.
7, Up to 20hours play time
8, Same size and same case finish as the PB2, available in Black and Dull silver color.

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #25 of 36
While the website shows no indication, they have begun shipping.  I have a tracking #, but I was in the first 5 ordered.

FYI - the run time on full charge has been reduced to 13.5 max.

So is optical better, or is that just a loaded question like all the cable debates?  If it's clear fine, big debate - whatever.

Apr 17, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #26 of 36

Quote:
So is optical better, or is that just a loaded question like all the cable debates?  If it's clear fine, big debate - whatever.

If I were you, I'll get one of Jamato's 13000 multi filament optical cable.  Ask him for reference.

Make sure you give us you impression on the DB2 when you receive it including battery life etc.

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #29 of 36
I have figured out why most people who tried ordering it silver, got black.

On the order page, once you switch to the whatever color you have, make sure you click the update button there. and to be extra sure, close the tab and open the cart from a diff tab. I figured this trick out of accident closing my tab and then have to reopen the tab again. and i then noticed that the color was STILL black, so i then try to click update and voila! it worked.

Quote:
Me too... I ordered a silver PB2 and received black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back