iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Jan 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #631 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it possible to make it sound like iqube?

Don't know, but you can make it sound like a P-51 Mustang. OPA1611A class-A biased on a 2:1 adapter, stock buffers.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #632 of 1,153
I keep my fingers crossed that my ie8 will be here tomorrow so I can finally try out my d10 and d4. Not sure if I will hear much difference between them with my ie8 (they arent exactly monitor iems). I havent had a headphone since 15 december I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms. No good speakers either.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #636 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtofront001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have they emailed u or anything yet?

I wouldn't worry: they only email you once they've shipped it. Once they do that, you should have it within a few days. =)

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #637 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunch Money /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't worry: they only email you once they've shipped it. Once they do that, you should have it within a few days. =)

Thanks! Thats what I read too but I am just worried that even though it didnt say out of stock when i ordered it, it might be out of stock and i might have to wait a long time. I hate waiting
frown.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #638 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife wants me to sell mine.

She wants you to sell it to me
wink.gif
.... by the way how do you like the D4 with your HD25s?

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #639 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She wants you to sell it to me
wink.gif
.... by the way how do you like the D4 with your HD25s?

I feel the D4 is amazing with any headphone, I still remember the first time I heard it with my HD 25-1 II i could straightaway here details I couldn't with my cmoy,it felt as if I was in a quite dark room with just the music and me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #641 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel the D4 is amazing with any headphone, I still remember the first time I heard it with my HD 25-1 II i could straightaway here details I couldn't with my cmoy,it felt as if I was in a quite dark room with just the music and me
smily_headphones1.gif

Well that is good to hear, I am still deciding between the D4 and a mini3. My HD25s sound great coming out of my Cowon S9 already though.

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #642 of 1,153
I know,there are people who say HD 25-1 II are good directly out of the DAP,i read that any headphone with impedance above 30 ohms the driver needs that extra voltage and current drive to fully move it to its potential, I would recommend an amp, it will only sound better IMO
smily_headphones1.gif

Between the AMP3 and D4 ,I haven't heard the amp3 so cannot comment.
but hey when in doubt get the iBasso that is what i have learn't on this forrum

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #643 of 1,153
Maybe ibasso is busy patching the clipping problem that is why it went out of stock. So the next batch or maybe next revision you will get a better more complete d4. Will write some more technical analysis of the clipping problem, when I am back.

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #644 of 1,153
I addressed this iBasso and they do not feel it to be an issue. One of the major capacitors used is out of stock.

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #645 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I addressed this iBasso and they do not feel it to be an issue. One of the major capacitors used is out of stock.

I really hope, I got one of the very last one, and also the other people who ordered when I did - the last moments I guess, when the website still did not say out of stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back