iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Jan 23, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #646 of 1,153
That must be the toshin, ryu if you can get some extra I am interested. Or maybe some othersize and voltage

By Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I addressed this iBasso and they do not feel it to be an issue. One of the major capacitors used is out of stock.

Jan 23, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #648 of 1,153
I should have gone with D4 instead of D10, I thought I would use Optical out more than I am actually using it and so far D4 is having better feedback.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #649 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should have gone with D4 instead of D10, I thought I would use Optical out more than I am actually using it and so far D4 is having better feedback.

Its fine, its never too late,try selling your d10 may be you can get 50 percent of what you need to buy the D4, please get the D4 that's when you will become a true portable audiophile

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #650 of 1,153
C'mon kunalraiker, praising an amp you own is one thing, but that's just too much. And I'm not saying this just because I didn't buy one before they went out of stock
wink.gif
Well maybe
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its fine, its never too late,try selling your d10 may be you can get 50 percent of what you need to buy the D4, please get the D4 that's when you will become a true portable audiophile

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #653 of 1,153
I'm having a bit of trouble with my new D4.

When I power the amp with 9v power and the original buffers, It starts to oscillate after about 20 seconds. USB and the original buffers works fine. I got the bypass buffers (Hiflight), and they work fine with 9v power.

I was wondering if there are any other buffers I could try?

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #656 of 1,153
I have never heard any clipping with my D4.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #658 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we sure there will be a D11? I thought I read somewhere that ibasso doesn't have any plans for that. Can't remember where I read it though.

If I am not wrong, there are 2 upcoming units.

a balanced DAC with (optical,coax,usb) and a balanced portable amp.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #659 of 1,153
My amp isn't clipping, clipping would be in the dac (I think?). Anyways, when I turn the 9v on with the stock buffers, it works for about 20-30 seconds, then starts going to nothing, then full volume and back about once per second.

Putting in the bypass buffers fixed this, but I like the sound of the buffers better.

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #660 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having a bit of trouble with my new D4.

When I power the amp with 9v power and the original buffers, It starts to oscillate after about 20 seconds. USB and the original buffers works fine. I got the bypass buffers (Hiflight), and they work fine with 9v power.

I was wondering if there are any other buffers I could try?

you could try what i did:

Quote:

Originally Posted by supern0va /img/forum/go_quote.gif
finally rolled by opamps! now my d4 sounds much warmer!
smily_headphones1.gif

here's a pic:
jipch4.jpg

thanks to madwolf for his advice, svenmz8 from jaben forums for more advice and help in soldering, and qusp for his detailed pic in d10 thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

my d4 works slightly differently from larry (headphoneaddict)'s in terms of the connection:

With USB power from my Macbook, i can use:
1. "AUX">>IEMs to bypass the amp, using only the DAC
2. "headphone">>IEMs to use both DAC and AMP
3. "AUX">>LOD>>IPOD and "headphone">>IEM, i can play from the macbook (much softer), or play from my ipod, or both!

All these without a battery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back