iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Jan 20, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #602 of 1,153
LMAO, I really cannot help it LMAO I really cannot stop myself. I knew someone will talk about that one item.

We are SICKLY addicted to this

I notice them 2 week back, It is in my order form but I have not press the submit button.
tongue.gif

I believe all the SICK and Addicted people will be talking about them in the few weeks ahead.

One of them even have a mission statement
"Can you handle the passion?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep, they would be my choices too, OPA1612 or OPA2211 at the top. i've been meaning to try out 2365 as buffer s it does seem like a good choice and LMAO it seems all the forum opamp tweakers have already spotted OPA1642 and either have them on the way like I do or have just received them and about to try
jecklinsmile.gif
we are sick I tell you...SICK I just couldnt help myself, I dont need it as I have plenty of excellent buffers, but while ordering some regu;lators for my dac I spotted the datasheet and found myself compelled to order them sight unseen
rolleyes.gif
do you have them yet or have you just got your eye on them?

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #603 of 1,153
I've noticed the clipping on my D4, and have been following the posts by Madwolf. However, though I have the acuity to pick up on these audio issues, I haven't the technical skill to solve the clipping: I don't know how to solder. Is there a guide that would explain in easy terms how to do something like this? Or is it something that I should seek someone with a little more know-how to take care of?

Other than this, though, I'm loving my D4. =)

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #604 of 1,153
Sorry for the noob question, but I've done some searches on opamps and can't find any basic guide to them. What exactly are they, and how can I get them? How easy are they to install?

Thanks for the help.

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #605 of 1,153
Got mines
beerchug.gif

With the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi.10 IEMs, this is a good upgrade from the Audigy 2 sound card that I've been using for the past 5+ years.

I honestly can't believe that this little device is both an amp and DAC.

I can also confirm that I can listen to my iPod connected into the AUX IN with a LOD while using the power coming from the USB cable from my computer.

I'm going to play around more. It's really hard to describe the sound quality but it is quite amazing with FLAC tracks + ASIO4ALL and Winamp...

I'm going to play more with it especially with Foobar.

edit: Holy Moly RATM sounds slamming
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #606 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qussl3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps my unit is defective, but if i get to use the usb power with my iphone, i'm not complaining
smily_headphones1.gif

Now i'm wondering if the already fantastic sound is being compromised in any way lol

EDIT: With 2 headphones plugged in, the volume from the headphone jack is lower, the aux in/out seems unaffected regardless of whether there is another earphone on the headphone jack.

<strike>Also I notice that when using one pair of cans, when switching between the 2 jacks, the output from the headphone jack is inferior in both quality and volume when compared to the output from the aux in/out. This is with the usb plugged in and using the computer as source.

Is this normal? My limited understanding was that with the usb plugged in the aux in/out uses only the dac not the amp and the headphone jack outputs an amped signal from the dac, my above experience seems to suggest the reverse.

Completely confused lol</strike>

EDIT 2: The gain switch and volume works only with the headphone jack not the aux in/out.

Personally I dont find any of this to be problem, just a happy coincidence, so thank you for helping me figure out what's going on, but if its becoming bothersome please just ignore me
smily_headphones1.gif

Please ignore the first edit thanks.

Alright guys, I know this is getting quite overbearing and I hate to be the one to do this .Few folks have been quite verbose with regards to the fact that the headphone jack section is disabled when the D4 is connected via USB, where the AUX IN/OUT port provides Line Out; and that you need to enable the "battery" if you want to use the amp section with another source.

Can someone please help to clarify/rectify this because I get signal from both the headphone jack and Aux In/out when connected via USB using my computer as a source. I used my PX100 in the headphone section and my IE8 in the Aux in/out port and I can hear music from both phones with the line out section of course having a lower output. I can also use the D4 as an amp to my touch 2G or X1060 even when its connected via USB(no battery enabled)to my computer. If I unplug the IE8 from the Aux in/out I get a boost in out put from the headphone port. Since this is my first AMP?DAC my inexperience/ignorance isn't proving to be of any consolation so I'd like to know if this is normal or an anomaly (defective)?

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #607 of 1,153
It isn't an anomaly, often inexperience and ignorance isn't any consolation. It is just a fact of life.

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #608 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright guys, I know this is getting quite overbearing and I hate to be the one to do this .Few folks have been quite verbose with regards to the fact that the headphone jack section is disabled when the D4 is connected via USB, where the AUX IN/OUT port provides Line Out; and that you need to enable the "battery" if you want to use the amp section with another source.

Can someone please help to clarify/rectify this because I get signal from both the headphone jack and Aux In/out when connected via USB using my computer as a source. I used my PX100 in the headphone section and my IE8 in the Aux in/out port and I can hear music from both phones with the line out section of course having a lower output. I can also use the D4 as an amp to my touch 2G or X1060 even when its connected via USB(no battery enabled)to my computer. If I unplug the IE8 from the Aux in/out I get a boost in out put from the headphone port. Since this is my first AMP?DAC my inexperience/ignorance isn't proving to be of any consolation so I'd like to know if this is normal or an anomaly (defective)?

I don't know why. Mine works the way it was advertised.

When the D4 is connected via USB and battery is out, I get sound out of either headphone out or line out, but NOT at the same time. Meaning, if I have headphones connected to the amp and I plug in an amp to line out, the headphone out shuts off.

When the D4 is connected via USB, even if another USB DAC is selected on my Mac and no music is playing, there is no sound from the headphone amp when I plug my iPod with LOD into the Aux jack. (to clarify, obviously the iPod is playing, just not the Mac)

However, I tried to partially plug the line out dock into the D4 slowly, and at some point I began to get sound from the headphone out, originating from the partially inserted iPod LOD. However, with the partially inserted LOD the sound was somewhat "echoey" and clearly not right. If I continue to push the LOD plug in the rest of the way, then the music goes away as the line out becomes active.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #609 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is almost the same except the output from the aux in/out is higher than the headphone out.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #611 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all, my d10 and d4 arrived today (both modded by hiflight, thanks for that again John). I will be able to try them both once my ie8 gets here. Will be interesting if I will be able to hear a difference.
Greetings, Anouk,

John? What did Ron do to your D10 and D4?

Jan 21, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #613 of 1,153
finally rolled by opamps! now my d4 sounds much warmer!
smily_headphones1.gif

here's a pic:
jipch4.jpg

thanks to madwolf for his advice, svenmz8 from jaben forums for more advice and help in soldering, and qusp for his detailed pic in d10 thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

my d4 works slightly differently from larry (headphoneaddict)'s in terms of the connection:

With USB power from my Macbook, i can use:
1. "AUX">>IEMs to bypass the amp, using only the DAC
2. "headphone">>IEMs to use both DAC and AMP
3. "AUX">>LOD>>IPOD and "headphone">>IEM, i can play from the macbook (much softer), or play from my ipod, or both!

All these without a battery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back