iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Oct 26, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #136 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh noes, I always use my external hard drive and USB mouse... so I don't think the D4 suits my style. Any other recommendation that is comparable to the D4?

Each USB socket in your PC provides approx 500ma output.

If you have your devices daisy-chained together thru a hub, you will share the single 500ma from the port in your computer that the hub is plugged into, but if you have the D4 plugged into its own USB port on your computer, it will receive the full 500ma.

All of my devices used by my computer are USB, but I never share the USB port used by my DAC/Amp.

The USB-fed power supply in the D4 is pretty well filtered and I have never gotten any noise or other artifacts when the D4 is plugged into its own USB port.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #137 of 1,153
Just got my D4 today.. I am blown away.. I am primarily using it as a headphone amp... I Just love it.. What a deal.

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #138 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingblind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my D4 today.. I am blown away.. I am primarily using it as a headphone amp... I Just love it.. What a deal.

How long did it take to reach you?

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #139 of 1,153
From past experience, expect to get your amp from ibasso in a week.

So, are we going to get a real review of this and a head to head with the PICO or not?

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #140 of 1,153
what are the advantages of using two DAC chips?
regular_smile .gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #142 of 1,153
As I listen more to the amp section of the D4 it really comes through as dynamic and open sounding. This has to be one of the best amps iBasso has produced. Acoustical blues has that natural space and drive to the music. Extremely enjoyable.

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #145 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I listen more to the amp section of the D4 it really comes through as dynamic and open sounding. This has to be one of the best amps iBasso has produced. Acoustical blues has that natural space and drive to the music. Extremely enjoyable.

So how does Ibasso D4 Mamba sound quality compared to D10?

Considering D10 without using the optical input, which one is the best sounding between D4 and D10?

Thx =)

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #146 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by superjohny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wonder how is this compared to PICO AMP/DAC,though D4 is less than half the price of pico

If the Pico has no problems beating the D10 via their USB inputs, I'm sure it will have no problem beating the D4.

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #147 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the Pico has no problems beating the D10 via their USB inputs, I'm sure it will have no problem beating the D4.

but D4 has a dual dac system, and it seems like both pico and D4 uses wm8740??

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #148 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How can you possibly assume that having never heard the D4? I don't find it a credible statement no matter what amp or dac is being mentioned when not heard.

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #149 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by superjohny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but D4 has a dual dac system, and it seems like both pico and D4 uses wm8740??

The chip's implementation is also important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you possibly assume that having never heard the D4? I don't find it a credible statement no matter what amp or dac is being mentioned when not heard.

Here comes the cavalry.
wink.gif

That doesn't stop me from making a logical guess does it not? If the top-of-the-line D10 loses to the Pico then isn't it sensible to expect the same result with its lower tier brother? And I haven't even touched on the price factor.

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #150 of 1,153
If referring to the D4 as a lower tier brother what makes that a valid assumption? The dac section of the D4 is upgraded and the amp is very fine sounding.

And guess is right and that is all that it is, a guess. You are right though, you can guess what ever you please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back