iBasso D42 "Mamba" with dual dacs! !! Hey Hey! Improved Starting on Page 76 .
Oct 26, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #121 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending upon what you are driving but I do hear a slight difference with the JH13 Pro IEM's. With the 9 volt selected I hear a little cleaner highs and that could be the battery vs DC from the USB.

The USB is also current limited to 500mA. So if all of your PC/Laptop USBs are network together and you have other USB devices plugged it, half an amp is not much.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #122 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The USB is also current limited to 500mA. So if all of your PC/Laptop USBs are network together and you have other USB devices plugged it, half an amp is not much.

Hm? Does that mean that the more USB devices plugged in to my laptop, the less juice the D4 gets?

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #124 of 1,153
Quote:

Hate to say it.

Oh noes, I always use my external hard drive and USB mouse... so I don't think the D4 suits my style. Any other recommendation that is comparable to the D4?

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #127 of 1,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But at least the DAC option is far better than my headphone out, which sucks badly. Is the Total Bithead/Icon Mobile/D2 Boa a better choice? Or should I get something better than these?

You need an external source/DAP.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #128 of 1,153
Quote:

You need an external source/DAP.

A DAP? I have two iPods, a Touch and a Classic. My laptop too has Foobar2000 with Dolby Headphone.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #129 of 1,153
Quote:

A DAP? I have two iPods, a Touch and a Classic. My laptop too has Foobar2000 with Dolby Headphone.

No wonder you are longing for better.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #131 of 1,153
Quote:

Yup
smily_headphones1.gif

So... what could be good choices for under 200 bucks? The D4 is sadly too much responsibility for me, and the USB performance is a bit of a disappointment.

Ask the guys at the Computer Audio forum.

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #133 of 1,153
I use a mini 4-port USB hub that plugs into both my Macbook USB ports - I have 2-3 DAC/amps plugged in most of the time, and often also a desktop USB drive for Time Machine or a USB Digital TV card. I admit that most of the USB devices only use the USB for the DAC and charging, but not driving the amp too (don't use my 3MOVE with no battery very often, and that does run both off 5v). And the 500Gb HD is powered from the wall.

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #135 of 1,153
Just some info I thought I would share.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your concern.
There are many rumors about D10+ or D11, we just want to clarify that we dont have any plan about the D10+ or D11 at this moment.* One thing that I can confirm is we will not release the D10+. We will think about the development**of D11 or D20 in the future, just everything has not be planned yet, and the development will take at least half year.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back