Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Nov 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #152 of 445
Hmm, I was asking for T3 vs D2+ Boa amps :)

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #154 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by klenkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Little OT but is there a big difference between the D2+, D4 and the D10?
Got an quite good offer on a D2+. 110$
cheers dom

you decide. The D4 is better than the D2, but if your on a budget than...

I'll have to defer on contrasting the D10, though I have read the D4 tops that too

Nov 22, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #155 of 445
Of the guys who have both the D3/D4, would you say the difference is huge? I can pick up a D3 for 2/3 the price of the D4 (no warranty tho
frown.gif
). Should I? Should there theoretically be any differences between the ability of either one of them to amp full headphones?

Nov 22, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #156 of 445
I think the D4 is a jump up in sound quality. It ranks with the top portables and will even give some home amps a run for their money as long as it isn't hard to drive phones.

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #157 of 445
I've been burning in my new T3 for the last 20 hours, and I must say what a great sounding little amp this is!
I might be a little daring in saying this, but to my untrained ears the sound quality really do seem to be closely matched to my P-51.
I can now finally put my poor T4 to rest, which is truly and utterly battered to death through hard usage
icon10.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #158 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of the guys who have both the D3/D4, would you say the difference is huge? I can pick up a D3 for 2/3 the price of the D4 (no warranty tho
frown.gif
). Should I? Should there theoretically be any differences between the ability of either one of them to amp full headphones?

D4 should win hands down althought i haven't heard it.
tongue.gif

maybe you can consider D10 for stereo promotion instead.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #159 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by markh78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been burning in my new T3 for the last 20 hours, and I must say what a great sounding little amp this is!
I might be a little daring in saying this, but to my untrained ears the sound quality really do seem to be closely matched to my P-51.
I can now finally put my poor T4 to rest, which is truly and utterly battered to death through hard usage
icon10.gif

I love seeing a T4 used that hard. It shows real use.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #160 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the D4 is a jump up in sound quality. It ranks with the top portables and will even give some home amps a run for their money as long as it isn't hard to drive phones.

Thanks jamato. It seems so from all the hyperbolic impressions here (perhaps a bit too positive at times).

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D4 should win hands down althought i haven't heard it.
tongue.gif

maybe you can consider D10 for stereo promotion instead.

Stereo promotion? PM me please
biggrin.gif
. Stereo never tells promotions by phone.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #161 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks jamato. It seems so from all the hyperbolic impressions here (perhaps a bit too positive at times).

+1

After a few days with the T3, I can see why many get so excited initially, but they really need to sit back and evaluate it more objectively after the new toy joy has worn off - this is one of the reasons I value reviews from HPA and Skylab.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #162 of 445
I am listening to the D4 while streaming music from archive.org on the Grateful Dead. Great stuff.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #163 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1

After a few days with the T3, I can see why many get so excited initially, but they really need to sit back and evaluate it more objectively after the new toy joy has worn off - this is one of the reasons I value reviews from HPA and Skylab.

I am perplexed by your post. It could be found offensive and abusive to the efforts by jamato8 and others commenting on amps (not just the D4 "Mamba"). Many in this thread like jamato8 and HiFlight have had the use of the D4 "Mamba" for quite sometime and have been posting their thoughts as the amp evolved. Once the burn-in process some started pursuing other options to either extend the battery life or change the sound.

So I do not understand what you mean by: " ... this is one of the reasons I value reviews from HPA and Skylab ...". While both Larry and Rob are very passionate and devote many hours to this hobby so do jamato8 and HiFlight and if you imply otherwise you are out of line IMO. Of course if I read your post incorrectly please advise.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #165 of 445
I'm still in doubt about which way to go... I like the T3 for the size/price/quality aspect, but I'm still debating whether or not i should get a portable amp with a dac (like e.g. the D2 or maybe even the D4)...

Hopefully I can learn even more from the oncoming reviews of both the T3 and D4, and of course thanks to all of you have commented on both until now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back