iBasso D2-Viper (Pictures, Impressions, and Reviews): Read the Rules!
Mar 11, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #181 of 615
The high gain has to do with your amp. The USB noise is likely to be caused by your computer. There was another guy who had the problem, switched computers, and solved it.

I would think it should be obvious if you had the high gain version. If not, then iBasso would have notified you anyway. I'm sure they recorded the serial numbers of high gain models, and recorded the number again to people they shipped it to. That's why they can email people and tell them they have the high gain version. Unless you were emailed, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #182 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, I love how burn in has become like an RPG lvling contest. Hay mang, what level you at? LVL452. Damn! How you leveling so fast? I play 24/7.

I like how they can document how the sound changes between hours 200-250 and then magically at 268 it did this and now it's at 300 it now is like that.

If burn in was real in electronics, computers wouldn't work. We would have to "burn them in" first. LOL.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #183 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by brainsalad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like how they can document how the sound changes between hours 200-250 and then magically at 268 it did this and now it's at 300 it now is like that.

If burn in was real in electronics, computers wouldn't work. We would have to "burn them in" first. LOL.

First of all, your last statement doesn't make sense at all. Burn-in has nothing to do with anything working. The physical aspect of burn-in is real. For example, capacitors don't just form to their usual operating state immediately. I'd compare it to using a completely new elastic band. At first it's a bit stiff, but the more you use it the looser it gets. The change could be good or bad. However if that changes ANYTHING in electronics is still up for grabs.

I'm not sure why you bother posting in this thread if all you want to do is derail the intent of the thread to topics that you want to argue over. I guess everybody has there ways of passing time. You're probably going to counterpost with something sarcastic and we'll just end up having a grand ole forum fight. Those are fun.

Anyways back to the D2. I have the high-gain D2, yet so far I have not noticed any problems with any of my headphones.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #184 of 615
Quote:

Afaik processors are burnt in before sent to manufactures for assembly. Processors aren't very likely to fail but if they do they usually fail early in life which is why they're burnt in.

Mar 11, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #185 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have to remove anything, just the case. Just wait until they send you a PCB replacement before you send them yours. It sounds like they will send you the replacement first and then you send yours back. That's what I took that to mean. So just ask them to send you a PCB replacement, and during that time enjoy your high gain D2. Then when theirs comes just swap out the whole board, and send the high gain one back to them. That's all there is to it!

You shouldn't have to return anything if they are trying to save money.

Mar 11, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #186 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You shouldn't have to return anything if they are trying to save money.

Can you elaborate?
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #187 of 615
Well, I couldn't wait for several hundred hours of "burn-in" so I changed my D2 opamps to ISL55002 in LR and THS4032 in IC-7. It is the same combo that sounded so good to me in my other iBasso amps. It sounds every bit as good, if not better, in my D2.

Who knows what it will sound like at 432 hours!

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #189 of 615
Just got my D2 today. Way psyched. I basically wanted something better than my headphone jack if I was to be listening through iTunes on my laptop. I compared the headphone jack of my Dell Vostro to the iBasso D2. No comparison. Using Shure e500s right now. Excellent sound for what I need. Very cool to have this PC-based option.

At first I was concerned cos I did not get sound, but then I did a search on this thread and found that the trick was to plug the headphones into the D2 first, and with the D2 turned on, then plug the D2 into the PC. The PC identified the "USB Audio Dac" right away.

This aint my leatherheads and my Sim and Headamp stuff, but this is quite nice for the needs...

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #190 of 615
Quote:

I guess when I get my unit/pcb I will be able to do a side by side test, until then I'm going to burn the crap out of this thing. I guess i'm bound to p*ss some people off, but all I can do is give my honest opinion.
tongue.gif

The comparison will be between the stock 11(?) gain and the modded 13 gain. Oh well.....

Any impressions on burn in will help to placebo by head to make things more confusing
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #191 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I couldn't wait for several hundred hours of "burn-in" so I changed my D2 opamps to ISL55002 in LR and THS4032 in IC-7. It is the same combo that sounded so good to me in my other iBasso amps. It sounds every bit as good, if not better, in my D2.

So are you at 432 hours yet?? :^)

What other combos did you like or not like or is this the main one you like after all the experimentation?

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #192 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those seem like pricey opamps. Is there a cheaper configuration with readily abundant and available opamps? Thanks!

Wait, nevermind, I think I can get free samples of those
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #193 of 615
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those seem like pricey opamps. Is there a cheaper configuration with readily abundant and available opamps? Thanks!

Wait, nevermind, I think I can get free samples of those
biggrin.gif

Do I have to ask the obvious.........you knew someone would

Mar 12, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #195 of 615
Is anyone experiencing an increase in bass with burn-in? I'm not sure if it's my ears or the bass seems overwhelming with my FreQs now. The bass sounds better with the HD580s though since it doesn't have much to begin with. On the other hand, my FreQs are rather bass heavy.

Geez, it sounds amazing though. This thing is worth every penny
biggrin.gif

Gah I didn't know amps could make such a difference. So good So good AHHHhhHHHHhSHDfhsdf

*** I think I was listening to my HD580s too much today, so when I switched back to FreQs, I thought the bass was too much. I'm sort of getting used to it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back