Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Jul 7, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #811 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This will be my 4th purchase and usually I can't ever get tracking until the day before it is to arrive, which has been 3-5 days. This time I probably wont bug them for tracking unless I don't have it by Friday (6 days). I bought a Boa 24 hours ago, to add to my MINI-REVIEW SEVEN DAC AMPS thread, so I'll post how long it takes to arrive. I haven't heard anything from them, but they usually ship faster than they email with tracking or to confirm the sale.

I got my tracking number about 5 hours after the first attempted delivery. I know some people got the tracking number quicker by just emailing them to ask for the tracking number.

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #813 of 1,141
I don't believe the P2 is available now. From what I understand there will be a replacement.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #816 of 1,141
"What is the Gain switch for? I know it can increase the volume a bit, but what is it used for?"

Some headphones require more power to drive them, as in a higher current demand. With a gain control you can increase the output of the amp, to a point, but also at a cost of using more of the battery so the amp won't run as long but if plugged in it is of no concern. Also when using IEM's you often want to use the lower gain so you have more travel on the volume control, which gives you better fine adjustment to the output to your monitors. There also can be a slightly different sound when using different gain settings. You can experiment with this.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #817 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by magma_saber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually found a site that sells the P2 but its in Russian and costs around $230. Whats the replacement and when will it be out?

I would keep my eyes on the used amp section as 230 is a dear price to pay.

I don't know the release of the replacement. I know that iBasso has had slower release times because they are trying to access the highest quality in parts that they can and this often means purchasing from the US etc.

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #819 of 1,141
I took the plunge into buying the boa. Now i have a couple questions..

My players are a yp-p2 and a sansa clip. Would these players benefit from the boa?

Does this pair well with:
RE2
SR80's
pk3

If not, i might be selling these to get a better headphone/earphone that would benefit greatly from this dac/amp. I've been looking at the re1/pk1 lineup so far.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #820 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took the plunge into buying the boa. Now i have a couple questions..

My players are a yp-p2 and a sansa clip. Would these players benefit from the boa?

Does this pair well with:
RE2
SR80's
pk3

If not, i might be selling these to get a better headphone/earphone that would benefit greatly from this dac/amp. I've been looking at the re1/pk1 lineup so far.

I get better results with both my PK2s, and SR225s, I use my iPod Classic with LOD with my PK2s, and with my laptop using apple lossless files with my 225s, that where I get the best sound out of all of my equipment. All with my Boa of course. I think you made a good choice for the money.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #821 of 1,141
How is the DAC quality of the Boa compared to other quality portable amps?

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #822 of 1,141
AFTER 100hr burn in sound is gettin better -
as usual sound is under construction ..

would have to say no words and get back in 500hr at least , I'll say amp is cooking more revealing and all in all more nice sound , getting less plastic , bass coming in more defined

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #824 of 1,141
I ordered Boa at 4th July and received at 8th
smily_headphones1.gif
very fast shipping tho, burning it right now. Anyone know what Op-amp Boa use?

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #825 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh i just got my tracking number, but it seems that "No record found for this reference number." .. ahh hmm that's weird. Hopefully they just gave me the wrong number or maybe i'm just checking too soon.

That's what my number always shows for a while. It takes time to update but the number was always the correct one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back