Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
Jul 10, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #826 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by plumpcheek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered Boa at 4th July and received at 8th
smily_headphones1.gif
very fast shipping tho, burning it right now. Anyone know what Op-amp Boa use?

I ordered on the 6th, got an email the 7th acknowledging the order, but not here yet but there is still 3 hours left for today to maybe get it. I never got a tracking number. I decided to be passive this time and let them initiate all contact, to see how customer service is or is not.

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #828 of 1,141
I had a scare today.

I got this tiny little package from iBasso today. It was also very light. I opened it and there was a box for the iBasso T2!!

I opened the box, and no amp. I opened the accessory flap and found a single metal plate with holes in it, and a few small screws. NO D2 Boa!

Well, it was simply the package that they mailed to me in May with a replacement rear panel for my D1, that never showed up and was presummed lost. They already sent me a second one at the end of June by UPS 3 day, and now this one with a postmark of 5/18/08 shows up on 7/10/08 (they told me they gave it to their courier at the end of April before the Chinese labor day holiday). I have two of these panels now, and suppose I will call iBasso and see if they need it back.

No D2 Boa though...

Jul 11, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #829 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a scare today.

I got this tiny little package from iBasso today. It was also very light. I opened it and there was a box for the iBasso T2!!

I opened the box, and no amp. I opened the accessory flap and found a single metal plate with holes in it, and a few small screws. NO D2 Boa!

Well, it was simply the package that they mailed to me in May with a replacement rear panel for my D1, that never showed up and was presummed lost. They already sent me a second one at the end of June by UPS 3 day, and now this one with a postmark of 5/18/08 shows up on 7/10/08 (they told me they gave it to their courier at the end of April before the Chinese labor day holiday). I have two of these panels now, and suppose I will call iBasso and see if they need it back.

No D2 Boa though...

Sound like a thrilling movie
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #830 of 1,141
Here is what is frustrating.

My shipping address is the UPS Store. iBasso just now emailed the tracking to me tonight, and DHL says it was delivered at 9:13am Thursday 7/10/08. I picked up 4 packages at the UPS Store at 4PM, but the Boa wasn't one of them. ????

Arghhh!

Jul 11, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #832 of 1,141
Quote:

My shipping address is the UPS Store. iBasso just now emailed the tracking to me tonight, and DHL says it was delivered at 9:13am Thursday 7/10/08. I picked up 4 packages at the UPS Store at 4PM, but the Boa wasn't one of them. ????

Arghhh!

ahh hey, atleast your tracking number works. Whenever i still search mine, it still says "No record found for this reference number." Hopefully i'll still get my product shipped.

EDIT: ahh i tried the chinese dhl site and my reference number worked, it doesn't work on the canadian dhl site... weird. Well my product is still in the air, hopefully getting dropped to winnipeg soon =D

Jul 11, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #833 of 1,141
That happened within the first day or so of mine being shipped, it actually wasnt shipped till the next morning. Then i could see where etc my amp was. Also it only took 3 1/2 days to get my amp from Ibasso, some of the fastest shipping ive had ever. Also same with my petite!

Jul 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #834 of 1,141
Quote:

Arghhh!

IMHO, DHL is the worst carrier ever. A few years ago they lost an RMA'd monitor that was on its way back to Dell. Dell shipped the wrong one. It took 6 months to get it all sorted out.

Jul 11, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #835 of 1,141
Nope, this one was the UPS Store's fault.

They admit they forgot to hand it to me with the other packages yesterday, even though they saw me make a fuss about how the china peeps sent me the wrong item -and I even I went back into the UPS Store 15 seconds after I walked out to say that this was a package from May, and that I was still waiting for another package mailed this week.

NOBODY stopped me and said, "Oh, you do have another package from China here, sorry." They just let me walk out and go home, to find tracking in an email last night that said it arrived before I got the tracking.

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #837 of 1,141
Quote:

Nope, this one was the UPS Store's fault.

They admit they forgot to hand it to me with the other packages yesterday, even though they saw me make a fuss about how the china peeps sent me the wrong item -and I even I went back into the UPS Store 15 seconds after I walked out to say that this was a package from May, and that I was still waiting for another package mailed this week.

NOBODY stopped me and said, "Oh, you do have another package from China here, sorry." They just let me walk out and go home, to find tracking in an email last night that said it arrived before I got the tracking.

Ok, so is the review done? Are we there yet, are we there yet are we there. . . ? lol

Jul 11, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #838 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so is the review done? Are we there yet, are we there yet are we there. . . ? lol

Well, I have only been listening to the D2 Boa with my RS-1 and Macbook for about 5 minutes, and I can say that right out of the box it sounds better than my D2 Viper did out of the box.

The viper had some bloated uncontrolled bass until 185 hours, while the Boa's bass right out of the box is tight and controlled. Pianos are not piercing, saxophones are warm and breathy, and Diana Krall has just just invited me over to the piano for a cocktail - so I gotta go before she gets tired of waiting.
very_evil_smiley.gif

More to come... I mean to follow...

Jul 12, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #840 of 1,141
While the impressions of the Boa have been good, I still think it is a sleeper as many don't realize or believe how good it really is. The circuit has some special features that make it what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back