Ibasso D2 Boa . . . new and smaller . . . with updates on 1st page. .
May 17, 2008 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,141

jamato8

Headphoneus Supremus
Well it looks like iBasso has the D2 in the smaller version coming out.

20080514-11.jpg

2008518231113.jpg

The price appear to be around 160 dollars and it charges from the USB.

Main Features:
- Wolfson WM8740 DAC Chip + TI PCM2706
- USB signal input, provides I2S interface for decoding
- Work as a DAC+AMP Combo or a standalone AMP
- 2-Setting Gain Switch for impedance matching
- 470mAh rechargeable Li-polymer battery with integrated charging system
- Measures 51*21*82mm, and weights only 108g
- Battery life is 38hours
- leather pouch, AC adapter, USB cable, warranty card, and owner's manual

6 3 2008

I have been using the Edition 9's for much of my listening and I realize that not everyone is going to use these, especially on a portable. I have mentioned that I really like the PortaPros with the Boa but a more common home phone would be the HD650's so I am using them right now. I use closed phones much of the time so I don't disturb Amy as she doesn't enjoy hearing the tinny sound eeking out of an open phone. The bass is very well controlled, the sound open and they work well. I have to confess that the Edition 9 are my most enjoyable phones so for most all home use, besides the ability to seal out and seal in noise, they are my go to phone but in fairness I thought I should add that the Boa does a good job of controlling the HD650's. The bass on Leanor Cohen's "The Essential Leanord Chohen" is deep and well defined and on these recordings the bass is very present. There is good spatial presentation and ambience.

May 17, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 1,141
Thier site has been down, I heard about the new release. Any price yet?

May 17, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 1,141
interesting, any details on when it'll be out? (been trying to get on their website for the past 2 days xD)

May 17, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 1,141
They emailed me and told me to check their web site yesterday for the new D2.

May 17, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 1,141
heh, i heard about how it might have been out yesterday, hence why i desperately tried to get on the site xD

May 17, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 1,141
I think the faceplate looks nice. I wonder about sound and price now.

May 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 1,141
Oh, joy.

I'm confused by the naming scheme. Generally speaking, a boa is a larger snake than a viper. Maybe an asp? Or a newt? would be more appropriate?

Still with the big-ass pot.

And still I want one of these the way I used to want cigarettes.

May 17, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 1,141
I was bit by an asp viper once, my heart stopped twice, neuroxic you know. Anyway I used to deal in reptiles, terrible business and bad for animals. I got out of it but I am glad I got to the hospital in time.

Anyway, boas are big and small. You got the rubber boa here in California and it is smaller as is the Rosy boa often 18 inches to 24. Now you get the Columbian boa and it gets bigger and then you got your pythons. Yeah, got many choices you do. Oh I got bit by a gila monster once too. Burns like hell, hemotoxic you know.

Newt would be cute.

May 17, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #12 of 1,141
What's up with the iBasso website? It's been down like 4 hours. Also, I wanted to ask a question of our resident reptile prey (lol)- did you prefer the amp section of the P2 or the D2, both in stock form? I'm sure you've answered it before, but I am an exalted headphoneus supremus, and can't be bothered with a search. I also noticed the D2 isn't in your portable amp rankings, I hope that's just an oversight.

May 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #13 of 1,141
its been down since yesterday
also the D2 boa will have different amps to the viper (if i recall correctly)

May 17, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #14 of 1,141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's up with the iBasso website? It's been down like 4 hours. Also, I wanted to ask a question of our resident reptile prey (lol)- did you prefer the amp section of the P2 or the D2, both in stock form? I'm sure you've answered it before, but I am an exalted headphoneus supremus, and can't be bothered with a search. I also noticed the D2 isn't in your portable amp rankings, I hope that's just an oversight.

They are close in sound using the same basic topology. The Predator is more mature than the D2 in sound have a smoother frequency range and a little more musical performance, as in more natural, as in when listening to actual music be it home made or at some venue. The D2 does a fine job in general and I think for the price can't be beat as is the P2, which at 139 dollars is a bargain. Yeah, I haven't placed it in the rankings but then I am not sure if I have with the Predator. The Predator would be in the number 1 spot.

The company iBasso used to serve their new site isn't compatible so they are getting another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back