iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #1,201 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDUBS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, guys, has anyone confirmed that an H120 / 140 running Rockbox will / won't do 24/96 files (not down-sampled) into the D10? I saw some discussion early on in the thread but no definitive results.

Thanks,
Jim

Unfortunately it downsamples things, and apparently in a rather crude way. Downsampling a 24/96 file on a PC to 16/44.1 is said to sound better than playing the 24/96 file directly on the rockboxed HH1xx.

Mar 1, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #1,202 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotcha...one thing...Hi Flight told me that you shouldn't press down on the chip itself, but use your fingernails to push down on the edges of the browndog adapter. If you push on the SOIC chip, you may break a solder connection, which is what I did.

I think I posted that SOIC push in thing earlier... Very important as I busted my 1st LM6172 a while back pushing it in.

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #1,203 of 4,153
My first amp--D10 arrived today, looks & sounds soooo great. Much much better than my Se530 thu IPC. Soundstage very similar to my home systerm. What a bargain................
Just now one bad thing happened. I was use LMH6643 as two buffers. And then....some smokeeee........bad smell from LMH6643 .
confused_face_2.gif

I turn it off, change back to stock setup, still working
L3000.gif

Just wondering, is it going to short my D10's life? or any bad effect to sound quaility?? So worry about it.....it's just new.....

Mar 1, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #1,204 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USB audio CODEC

Thank you sir.

My final question before considering to buy D10. I just read PCM2906 (USB interface) datasheet, and I found that, it only accepts up to 48/16 from USB input. Since my main audio source is laptop or netbook USB, so, does it mean I cannot playback 96/24 natively from USB port ?

Thank you.

Mar 1, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #1,205 of 4,153
One more thing, when I use with the AD8656 as 2 buffers, I can hear a big electricity hum noise( about 2 seconds) from my se530, when I tune the nob to the off section. Is it normal?? Or just mine.....

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #1,206 of 4,153
I also get a bit of hiss/static when turning on and off, I assume it is the caps "filling up" and "emptying".

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #1,207 of 4,153
Many amps make this noise when powering up or down. I personally lower the volume and in the portable amps I disconnect my headphone prior to turning them off. I also wait until the amp is powered w/ the volume at zero before plugging my headphone.

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #1,208 of 4,153
I am still seeing the "out of stock" message on the iBasso website. Any information on when this will change?

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #1,209 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still seeing the "out of stock" message on the iBasso website. Any information on when this will change?

Don't know about the "Out Of Stock" notice but they are taking orders and shipping them as fast as the order comes in.

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #1,210 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you sir.

My final question before considering to buy D10. I just read PCM2906 (USB interface) datasheet, and I found that, it only accepts up to 48/16 from USB input. Since my main audio source is laptop or netbook USB, so, does it mean I cannot playback 96/24 natively from USB port ?

Thank you.

Yes, most devices only support 16/48 via USB.

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #1,211 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know about the "Out Of Stock" notice but they are taking orders and shipping them as fast as the order comes in.

The iBasso site was very recalcitrant today. I don't understand the logic of posting an "Out of Stock" notice on a product when it is in stock and shipping.

I am looking forward to adding to my iBasso collection.

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #1,212 of 4,153
It sounds like you accidentally inserted the LMH6643 backwards. The opamps on the green adapters have an outline of the socket so it is easy to match the polarity of of the adapter to that of the socket using the notched outlines as a guide.

Unfortunately, the buffer opamps use a different adapter and do not have this outline, and the only way to tell if they are oriented correctly is to look carefully at the 8 solder pads along the 2 sides of the adapter.
One of the corner pads will be square in shape and all the others are round. You may need a magnifier to determine this, but be very sure to insert the adapter so that the square pad is pointing at the end of the mounting socket that has the small notch.

If installed incorrectly, you will nearly always destroy the opamp as it is (usually) the weakest link in the component chain.

Some amplifiers, such as the Head-Direct EF1 are not so tolerant of mistakes, and will be damaged along with the opamp.

It is very unlikely that you have damaged your D10 as long as it is once again playing normally.

The reason for the loud noise when turning off the amp is that the supply is removed from the opamp and on the way to shutting down, it goes thru a period of very high distortion as it reaches the lower limit of its supply voltage envelope. This is normal, and nearly all amps exhibit this behavior.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alightnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first amp--D10 arrived today, looks & sounds soooo great. Much much better than my Se530 thu IPC. Soundstage very similar to my home systerm. What a bargain................
Just now one bad thing happened. I was use LMH6643 as two buffers. And then....some smokeeee........bad smell from LMH6643 .
confused_face_2.gif

I turn it off, change back to stock setup, still working
L3000.gif

Just wondering, is it going to short my D10's life? or any bad effect to sound quaility?? So worry about it.....it's just new.....

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #1,213 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you use only the USB DAC with line-out then you do not need to turn on the amp section or have the charge switch flipped on, as the DAC section runs off the USB power only and will not drain the battery.

Can you confirm this? I am not getting the same thing. Using USB DAC, the amp section still have to be turned on to run with line out. There is no signal coming out if turned off. This behavior is unlike my D3.

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #1,214 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopQuark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you confirm this? I am not getting the same thing. Using USB DAC, the amp section still have to be turned on to run with line out. There is no signal coming out if turned off. This behavior is unlike my D3.

I just tried this I have to turn on the D10 too.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #1,215 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iBasso site was very recalcitrant today. I don't understand the logic of posting an "Out of Stock" notice on a product when it is in stock and shipping.

I am looking forward to adding to my iBasso collection.

I suspect that they have no stock and are building the product and fulfilling back orders as product becomes ready. I ordered while there was a "Temporarily Out of Stock!!!" notice, and it took a few days to ship my order:

Order placed: 2/23/2009 02:00 PM EST
Shipping notice: 2/26/2009 10:30 AM EST

I have not received it yet, but I expect it will come soon. I think that they will take the "Temporarily Out of Stock!!!" notice down when all back orders have been fulfilled and they have inventory for new orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back