iBasso Boomslang DB-1 & DB-2 and Toucan balanced portable dac and amp . pg 1, 19 , 25, 26 . . . .
Dec 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #601 of 612
Thanks, but from what I remember Mike did not try the Toucan balanced at all. But I'm not sure, gonna read his review again.

Quote:
Hmmm you could try posting your question on headfonia maybe, I know the guy who runs that site likes the hd800 and also has a PB1.  Not sure how much you might agree with him but I have no experience pairing the hd800 with the toucan.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #602 of 612
Yes originally when he first got it and did a mini not really review thing, I am certain he bought it himself and still uses it though, perhaps it was foolish of me to assume that by this point he had some balanced cables to use with it :O

I'm pretty sure he's got at least balanced iem cables for it but I couldn't be certain of that either.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #603 of 612

Quote:
Yes originally when he first got it and did a mini not really review thing, I am certain he bought it himself and still uses it though, perhaps it was foolish of me to assume that by this point he had some balanced cables to use with it :O

I'm pretty sure he's got at least balanced iem cables for it but I couldn't be certain of that either.

I just asked Mike in the comments to review the Toucan with the Ibasso cables for the Sennheiser cans. He loves Sennheisers, so we will see what happens.

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #604 of 612
Can I charge the Boomslang with usb from computer? The light turns red when in usb connected and charge mode on the little knob.

Edit: Oh yes I can.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #605 of 612
hi
sorry,for the late guys can get iriver h140 on ebay they are very good just ordered from iriver europe just give you the name of the seller     myirivershop     good seller nothing to say.
i just had my combo iriver h140+pb1+boomslang with ultimate ears triple 10 just miss the balanced with the iem,but all that can say the music is very great with it, i just compare it with the hifiman hm 601 that i bought for the winter deal ,the is no comparison,the combo is much better  for the quality

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #607 of 612
 i just ordered a sennheiser hd600,to improve the quality of sound i am going to order the ibasso balanced cable ,i 'll have i think the real potential of this combo,why the hd 600? it was cheaper,i know that the hd 650 seems to be superior, but in some thread i just read about the fact that he is still a good one i 'll see.
just a question how did you charge the boomslang?

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #608 of 612

Quote:
i just ordered a sennheiser hd600,to improve the quality of sound i am going to order the ibasso balanced cable ,i 'll have i think the real potential of this combo,why the hd 600? it was cheaper,i know that the hd 650 seems to be superior, but in some thread i just read about the fact that he is still a good one i 'll see.
just a question how did you charge the boomslang?

I think you will be very pleased with your choice of the HD600 and iBasso's balanced cable.  The cable they use is the heavier HD650 cable, much better than the stock HD600 cable, IMO. 

I have owned both the HD600 and 650 and much preferred the 600.   The Boomslang is charged by either a USB terminated AC adapter or by attaching to a computer USB connection and placing the charging switch to the "Charge" position.   The red light will indicate charging and will extinguish when charging is complete. 

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #609 of 612
guys, anybody know how to open the hirose connector? i'm stucked on it when i want to reterminate my headphone to hirose connector
frown.gif

this is the kind of connector i'm working on (the one in the middle):

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #610 of 612

Quote:
guys, anybody know how to open the hirose connector? i'm stucked on it when i want to reterminate my headphone to hirose connector
frown.gif

this is the kind of connector i'm working on (the one in the middle):

You need to have a male and female connector. Connect them and then on male, there are two flat areas you can use a small wrench (I just use a needle nose plier) and unscrew the shell of the connector. Once you see what it going on it will be easy. When you solder you should have the male and female connected as the pins can float int he plastic molding due to the heat. Do it hot and fast. I use a magnifying glass also. 

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #611 of 612

Quote:
You need to have a male and female connector. Connect them and then on male, there are two flat areas you can use a small wrench (I just use a needle nose plier) and unscrew the shell of the connector. Once you see what it going on it will be easy. When you solder you should have the male and female connected as the pins can float int he plastic molding due to the heat. Do it hot and fast. I use a magnifying glass also. 

just did what you said. works like a charm! thank you

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #612 of 612
It looks like the DB-2 is out with the dual Wolfson dacs. Sucks a lot of current though so it won't get the run time of the DB-1 but I look forward to the dual battery power supply and the sound. . . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back