iBasso Boomslang DB-1 & DB-2 and Toucan balanced portable dac and amp . pg 1, 19 , 25, 26 . . . .
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #586 of 612
yea im sure that sucker will be awesome.  i am actually considering buying that too and then selling one off but i had a ton of cables made for the sr71b... so dont knwo what ill do.  and if anyone is wondering about ibasso's CS its pretty darn good.  the best ive come across in audio overseas.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #587 of 612
Quote:
Just wait till the PB2 comes out. It should be better than the SR71B and have rollable opamps as well.

IMHO that is a tad presumptuous in relation to an amp that doesn't exist yet. Based on what? This?...

Ibasso wants to be the industry leader in portable balanced amps.  

If desire was all that mattered, Winona Ryder would have been mine years ago. (And for the record, I would have prevented that shoplifting nonesense.)

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #589 of 612
Dec 21, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #590 of 612
The Toucan is already pretty close to the SR71B, as people say it sounds almost as good and can drive the same type of headphones. The Toucan 2 should naturally be better. I guess it is presumptuous to say something is going to be better than something else before that something is out, so I will just wait and see. Seeing what Ibasso has brought to the table so far, I don't doubt they will make another fantastic product.We will have to see. 

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #592 of 612
guys, wanna ask something..

can i use this connector as the male balanced connector for my toucan? it has 6 pole as well but i'm not sure whether it will fit the female jack or not..

http://malaysia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=5365683 or http://malaysia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=1291910

Dec 23, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #593 of 612

Quote:
guys, wanna ask something..

can i use this connector as the male balanced connector for my toucan? it has 6 pole as well but i'm not sure whether it will fit the female jack or not..

http://malaysia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=5365683 or http://malaysia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=1291910

According to their website, iBasso uses HR10A-7P-6P connectors.  I would double-check it with them or even order it thru them to be sure, but this should work:  http://malaysia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=HR10A-7P-6P&x=0&y=0

Dec 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #594 of 612
You have to use the same Hirose series. They have notches that key them to fit together correctly. Even if the pins are the same, because of a keying mechanism that makes sure they fit correctly, pin to pin, nothing else will work. 

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #595 of 612
@warp & jamato: hhoo..i was hoping that at least one link i gave you is compatible with toucan, it's cheaper than the HR10A-7P-6P
tongue.gif

thank you for your help.

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #596 of 612

Quote:
@warp & jamato: hhoo..i was hoping that at least one link i gave you is compatible with toucan, it's cheaper than the HR10A-7P-6P
tongue.gif

thank you for your help.

You don't want to know, believe me, how much I have spent just this year on various ICs, balanced being on top of the list.  Not counting the cost of a balanced source and headphones, this iBasso combo so far IS the absolute cheapest way I have seen allowing one to getting into balanced systems, even if you buy the iBasso Hirose to Hirose balanced IC with the PB1 and the DB2.

Good luck on getting your cables sourced!

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #597 of 612
Has anyone had any problems plugging toslink cables into the Boomslang's optical jack?  I've noticed that all of my sysconcept cables are extremely difficult to plug into the Boomslang...they don't "click" into place and it takes more force than should be necessary.  This occurs with multiple cables...but they seem fine with other devices.  I'm worried this is going to trash the optical jack. 

I've also noticed my D12 has a similar tight optical jack that doesn't click...but I leave that cable installed all the time on that one instead of disassembling after use like I do with the Boomslang.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #598 of 612

Quote:
Has anyone had any problems plugging toslink cables into the Boomslang's optical jack?  I've noticed that all of my sysconcept cables are extremely difficult to plug into the Boomslang...they don't "click" into place and it takes more force than should be necessary.  This occurs with multiple cables...but they seem fine with other devices.  I'm worried this is going to trash the optical jack. 

I've also noticed my D12 has a similar tight optical jack that doesn't click...but I leave that cable installed all the time on that one instead of disassembling after use like I do with the Boomslang.

My two sysconcept cables do seem to be a tighter fit and I don't get the "click" sound/feedback.  Taking them out is rather hard as well. 

My other optical cable fits nice and does "click" as expected and comes out nicely.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #599 of 612
In my experience the Toucan with balanced cables and HD650/600 makes the sound much bigger, and also quite a lot brighter. Especially the HD650 to me is dark sounding, but the Toucan makes it sound much brighter. So - I'm thinking that the HD800 (from what I've read a very bright sounding hp) would not pair well with the Toucan/Boomslang. Anyone tried the combo? I've been presented a nice deal on a pair of HD800 so that's why I'm curious on experiences with Toucan/Boomsland/HD800. I don't like the harsch and bright sound of many head phones. Not that the HD650/600 is too bright with the Toucan, but the difference compared to the HDP is huge.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #600 of 612
Hmmm you could try posting your question on headfonia maybe, I know the guy who runs that site likes the hd800 and also has a PB1.  Not sure how much you might agree with him but I have no experience pairing the hd800 with the toucan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back