IBasso Audio IT03
Jan 31, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #3,091 of 3,344
I get it, you don't like how IT03 looks and sounds, and think ZS5 sounds better at a fraction of a price, and that's fine. You made your point. People can agree or disagree with it. Let's move on :wink:

I never said ZS5 sounds better, I'm saying it comes close (some areas going above and beyond) especially at its price point. I also didn't bring up the topic -- you did, but fine, lets drop the topic of ZS5's.

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #3,092 of 3,344
Also, are you honestly telling me this subpar low quality cable is anywhere near acceptable for $259?
Almost the same cable came with my UniqueMelody Merlin, which is $850. UM was using such a cable for years as the stock cable for their whole range of CIEMs, priced even >$1000. UM was selling their cable alone for $50.

Don't judge a cable by its look. IT03 stock cable may not look attractive, but it does its job very well.

By the way, I don't touch UM Merlin more than a year already: IT03 replaced them!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #3,093 of 3,344
Did you run them for very long? I found that the sound really went through a journey. Got really closed in sounding at the 20hr mark. Channels got all imbalanced around that time too. After about 75 hours, everything was right with the world. Odd but true.
I know this was no meant for me, but I did not burn either because I was told that the change would not be drastic enough to accommodate what i was looking for. Thanks for posting this info though as I'm sure it will be very handy for others who may be curious as to what to expect with gradual burn in.:)

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #3,094 of 3,344
How does the IT03 sound in comparison to the 1MORE Triples? They both run dual BA with a dynamic, but I find the 1More to sound almost too warm, like muffled in a way. The sound is not as open and clear as I'd expect.

Feb 1, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #3,095 of 3,344
How does the IT03 sound in comparison to the 1MORE Triples? They both run dual BA with a dynamic, but I find the 1More to sound almost too warm, like muffled in a way. The sound is not as open and clear as I'd expect.

it03 has better subbass extension and have better bass quality. 1more has more punch and quantity in midbass but it's bleeding to mids. 1more has more relaxed treble, it03 has more sparkle. resolution is better on it03.

@khighly imo you can't get a seal. spinfits might work for you.

i don't like the looks of cable too but i haven't have problems with its durability.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #3,096 of 3,344
No offense but i heard the Zs5 (my brother's).. i have IT03 and Fidue A83 for a long time. and ZS5 cant even come closer to IT03 with regards to sound quality.. i dont want to sound bias here and many praises ZS5 but i dont get it as to why.. really.. ill rather choose my pistons v2 over it.. .. Zs5 is a great alternative to stock earphone though.. the ones that comes with some of our smartphones..

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #3,097 of 3,344
it03 has better subbass extension and have better bass quality. 1more has more punch and quantity in midbass but it's bleeding to mids. 1more has more relaxed treble, it03 has more sparkle. resolution is better on it03.

@khighly imo you can't get a seal. spinfits might work for you.

i don't like the looks of cable too but i haven't have problems with its durability.

Not even accurate. The 1More triples have far further bass extension with about a 5-6dB increase in sub bass and mid bass over the IT03's. They're very bassy and a punch over my ZS5's in lows.

I'm getting a perfect seal. I'm not new to this game. I have tried spinfits and they work on a very narrow selection of IEM's. Spinfits are some of the worst I've ever owned.

You're clearly deluded by price when you talk about the ZS5's and I legitimately feel sad for you.

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #3,098 of 3,344
Not even accurate. The 1More triples have far further bass extension with about a 5-6dB increase in sub bass and mid bass over the IT03's. They're very bassy and a punch over my ZS5's in lows.

I'm getting a perfect seal. I'm not new to this game. I have tried spinfits and they work on a very narrow selection of IEM's. Spinfits are some of the worst I've ever owned.

You're clearly deluded by price when you talk about the ZS5's and I legitimately feel sad for you.

Well, I've never heard the ZS5, so I can't comment. But I own both the IT03 and the 1More triples. My ears don't hear what you are reporting -- more sub-bass with the IT03s. I first complained about the lack of bass from the IT03s until I got the right tips and a perfect seal. Night-and-day difference. Here are my posts detailing my change of opinion:

(first, expressing disappointment)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-audio-it03.807881/page-127#post-13226815

(later after finding 'the right' tips)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-audio-it03.807881/page-129#post-13227546

My ears, I get it, your ears are different. But I certainly don't hear more sub-bass out of the triples, quite the opposite.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #3,099 of 3,344
What ever you use. Enjoy the music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 3, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #3,101 of 3,344
@khighly it seems like you had problem with the it03 due to fit/seal issues. yes, it03 is not for everyone with its semi custom design. if that's the case, then no matter how good or expensive the iem could be, it will sound sux and you won't like it. that's very normal. for $250 iem, actually the cable is ok, doable. most if not all costlier iem/hp stock cables are crap tbh. that's why all of mine gears got custom cables. you might walk down that lane someday lol. maybe for improvement of sound, comfort, or both.

comparing say $100 to $1,000 iem at first could give an overall sound signature to be close but there's one thing a cheaper iem can never achieve, scalability.

@SomeGuyDude and @Dark Helmet, one might preferred boomy, meaty, slow decay bass of dynamic driver, me :). other like fast, lean, crisp, punchy bass of ba drivers. bass will affect the overall sound sig of how you perceive if you like the product or not. guess we are all bass lover here lol.

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #3,102 of 3,344
Well. RIP my IT03 haha.

I was putting the cable in and... the connector just popped down into the body.

Ct1ze26l.jpg

Time to contact iBasso...

Feb 3, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #3,103 of 3,344
Well. RIP my IT03 haha.

I was putting the cable in and... the connector just popped down into the body.

Time to contact iBasso...

Please email me at paul@ibasso.com and I can get you set up with an RMA number and get this fixed up for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 3, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #3,105 of 3,344
@khighly it seems like you had problem with the it03 due to fit/seal issues. yes, it03 is not for everyone with its semi custom design. if that's the case, then no matter how good or expensive the iem could be, it will sound sux and you won't like it. that's very normal. for $250 iem, actually the cable is ok, doable. most if not all costlier iem/hp stock cables are crap tbh. that's why all of mine gears got custom cables. you might walk down that lane someday lol. maybe for improvement of sound, comfort, or both.

comparing say $100 to $1,000 iem at first could give an overall sound signature to be close but there's one thing a cheaper iem can never achieve, scalability.

@SomeGuyDude and @Dark Helmet, one might preferred boomy, meaty, slow decay bass of dynamic driver, me :). other like fast, lean, crisp, punchy bass of ba drivers. bass will affect the overall sound sig of how you perceive if you like the product or not. guess we are all bass lover here lol.

No fit issues here. I'm not a beginner to the IEM scene and have been through countless tips. Bass is present, but it's fairly neutral. Was listening to some Reggae this morning on KEXP and there was plenty of bass, it's just not this powerful moving "basshead" bass everyone is talking about in reviews. It's fine, but I'm in no way blown away.

Anyway, the MEE Audio BTX1 aptX Bluetooth cable works well with the IT03's. It provides a decent ~5.5hr listening time and charges in about 1.5hrs. Sound quality is fine, loudness is fine, no weird issues, no skipping, no interference...just works. Sounds fine, pretty similar to my Pixel XL and not too far off from Magni/Modi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back